This Chocolate Raspberry Yogurt Parfait is perfect for an afternoon snack and great on a brunch menu! Layered with your favorite fruit, mini chocolate chips and granola.
Try my Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Yogurt Parfait too!
A Quick & Easy Yogurt Parfait
I love making a layered yogurt parfaits for the kids’ breakfast. Not only are they beautiful, but they take just minutes to put together! This is a great recipe to get the kids in kitchen to help. The whole family will enjoy this simple breakfast idea!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Similac Go & Grow Mix-Ins to bring you a new recipe packed with some extra nutrition. I put together a yogurt parfait with some of my favorite flavors and ingredients that the kids love. The chocolate and raspberries go so nicely together plus the granola layer adds a “pie” like crunch in every bite.
What is a Parfait?
Parfait means “perfect” in French and originally it was a French dessert made with cream, egg and sugar. However, in America we have our own “breakfast version” of the parfait made with yogurt and various toppings. Usually these kinds of parfaits are made by layers your favorite yogurt with mix-ins like fresh fruit, granola, nuts and even canned fruit.
Here is what you’ll need to make this healthy yogurt parfait:
- Greek yogurt – You can also use your favorite regular yogurt.
- Similac Go & Grow Mix-Ins – This is totally optional, but I like to add this for extra nutritional value for the kids.
- Total bars oat and honey crunchy granola bars – You can also use your favorite granola
- Fresh raspberries – Or any other kind of fresh fruit!
- Mini chocolate chips
- Honey – Agave or maple syrup also works well.
How to Make This Yummy Parfait
Now it’s time to make your parfait! Here’s how to do it:
Add your Go and Grow Mix-Ins to the yogurt. Stir well. Layer the yogurt to the bottom of your parfait glasses.
Granola up next. Layer your raspberries over the granola.
Sprinkle some chocolate chips over the raspberries. Top with another spoon of yogurt, granola, a raspberry and chocolate chips. Perfect!
Seriously that’s it! Does it get any easier?
Serve your parfaits chilled. You can refrigerate up to an hour before serving. Note that waiting to serve much longer than one hour, the granola gets soft.
Chocolate Raspberry Yogurt Parfait
- 3 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 pouches Similac Go & Grow Mix-Ins (optional)
- two packages 4 total bars oat and honey crunchy granola bars, crushed
- 2 cups fresh raspberries washed and dried
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place yogurt and Similac Go & Grow Mix-Ins into a mixing bowl (optional), stirring until well combined. Spoon a layer of yogurt into the bottom of your parfait glasses. Spoon crushed granola over yogurt then top with a layer of raspberries and chocolate chips. Top with another smaller spoonful of yogurt, granola, a raspberry and chocolate chips. Served chilled. Refrigerate up to one hour before serving. Note that granola will get soft if refrigerated too long.*Parfait can be made without Mix-Ins*
Disclaimer: This post was in partnership with Similac Go & Grow Mix-Ins. 2016. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.