Well, my wordpress switch is here!! At first glance things look very much the same which is exactly what I wanted, but check out my “recipe index” tab up above. I LOVE this feature! I also now have a print link at the bottom of my recipes which I’ve been wanting for a long time. So, take a look around!!
One bummer is that all of my 600 plus google “foodie friends” wouldn’t transfer over. So please make sure you follow my blog all over again. I appreciated having all of you that accumulated over the year. Thanks everyone!!
Sunday night we had this delicious tilapia dinner. We don’t make a whole lot of fish in our house and I’m not sure why. It is so good. We picked up some great tilapia filets at Sprouts Farmer’s Market for pretty inexpensive. Make sure you make the warm tropical salsa I have linked below for the fish. I didn’t make it Sunday night and I wished I would have. It would have topped it off really nicely. Hope you’ll all enjoy!!
I’ve been nominated for the “Just Spotted” OC Blog Awards. Vote for me HERE, on the left sidebar of their site under Food/Cooking. Thanks!!
Warm Tropical Salsa
Crispy Cashew Coconut Tilapia Dinner
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-2 teaspoons tabasco hot sauce
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry's garlic seasoning
- 1 cup finely crushed cashew pieces I pulsed in food processor until fine
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tilapia filets
- Honey Glazed Baby Carrots and Garlic Seasoned Green Beans
- Warm Tropical Salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place eggs, water and hot sauce into a bowl; mix to combine. Place flour, salt, pepper and garlic seasoning into a shallow dish. Place cashew, coconut, bread crumbs and salt into another shallow dish. Dip Tilapia into flour, then egg dip and cashew mixture. Make sure fish is coated well with the cashew crust. Place fish onto a baking rack placed over a baking sheet that's been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fish is easily flaked with a fork and cooked through.
- Serve with green beans and baby carrots. Dip tilapia in warm tropical salsa if desired.
Have a great rest of your week and weekend!! See you soon.