It’s hard to keep up with all the fun food events going on, but I had a recipe in mind for “Festa Italiana.”
Proud Italian Cook and Finding La Dolce Vita put on an “Italian” Event this month that sounded like fun, since my family eats Italian at least 1/2 of the week! Both these ladies have beautiful Italian Blogs, be sure to check them out!
I’ve certainly never been trained how to cook authentic Italian Food, but I love to make Italian Style dishes. All the ingredients are phenomenal.
The crispy pancetta and arugula are 2 of my favorite parts of the burger. Even my boys enjoyed these. The roasted garlic and sun dried tomatoes bring a nice Italian flare to the turkey burger itself and fresh little mozzarella balls are stuffed then melted in the middle of the burgers that you don’t find until it oozes out as you bite into it. Is there anything better than marinated artichoke hearts??!! I could seriously eat the artichoke remoulade with a spoon.
These mini ciabatta rolls were so cute that I found at Sprouts, they are just a little bigger than a slider, which was just enough. Bon Appetite!
Double Mozzarella Turkey Burgers with an Artichoke Remoulade and Crispy Pancetta
For the Burgers:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ Cup finely chopped white onion
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chopped sun dried tomatoes oil packed and drained
- 5 dashes of Tabasco Hot Sauce
- 6 fresh mozzarella balls about ½ inch, marinated in olive oil
- 6 slices fresh mozzarella cheese 1/4 inch thick
- 6 mini ciabatta rolls or other mini crusty rolls, split
For the Artichoke Remoulade:
- ½ Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup chopped artichoke hearts marinated in olive oil, drained
- 2 cups fresh arugula leaves
- 6 slices of tomato
- 1 cup diced pancetta browned (Place in a skillet heated to medium-high and cook until browned, about 5 minutes)
- Preheat a grill pan or outside grill to medium heat. Place turkey, salt, pepper, onion, garlic, sun dried tomatoes and hot sauce in a large bowl. With hands or large spoon mix until combined. Form into 6 equal size patties, pressing a mozzarella ball into the center of each burger. Grill each patty for about 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. During the last few minutes of grilling, place a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of burgers to melt.
- Lightly toast rolls, cut side down on grill. Combine mayonnaise and artichoke hearts in a medium bowl until well combined. Spread artichoke remoulade on both sides of rolls. Layer bottom rolls with arugula leaves, a burger, a tomato slice, crisped pancetta and top with top rolls.
what i like about italian food is the tomato sauce and pasta,`.
what i like about italian food is the pasta and spaghetti. they are so yummy,,,
i always love italian food, they are really tasty like indian foods.,,-
i love Italian Food specially those juicy pastas. They are really delicious.’.`
Wow – this sounds and looks delicious! Who knew a turkey burger could be so interesting?
YUM… sounds delicious. I have some turkey burgers in the freezer that will go nicely with your ideas! Thanks.
Thanks for all of your comments. Had a busy pilates/Easter weekend, so Kimmy, I am fine, just an overly busy woman!! I’ll be cooking up some fun things this week.
this is lovely, so tempted to fork some!
Girl, where have you been!!! It’s been 3 days without a new post….are you ok???
I bow down to the burger queen!
That’s my girl! Arugula! Pancetta!
Hope your Easter was wonderful!
Goodness gracious do those look out of this world. You never fail to impress me with your fabulous kitchen creations!! Happy Easter!!
Great recipes! Sounds very tasty and satisfying! Italian is my favorite food of all time, you just can’t go wrong.
Oh, those look so good! I think every time I check in here, I add yet another recipe that I just have to try to my expanding list!
Great picture, by the way! 🙂
yum! so many great elements together in one burger 🙂
Those look scrumptious!
Your burgers always look delicious – this is no exception!
Mmmmm! I can tell you’ve participated in that Build a Better Burger contest before. Great ingreds. to add to a burger 🙂
Jenny, This is such a fantastic combo of flavors! Thanks for bringing this to our Festa! Can’t wait to try them!
Hi Jenny and thanks for joining us for our festa Italiana 🙂
Yum! Putting on my future meal plan.
Yum! Great recipe and photos! I finally caught the Ultimate Recipe show…well done! And I love it that you were in flip-flops!