It’s hard to keep up with all the fun food events going on, but I had a recipe in mind for “Festa Italiana.”
Proud Italian Cook and Finding La Dolce Vita put on an “Italian” Event this month that sounded like fun, since my family eats Italian at least 1/2 of the week! Both these ladies have beautiful Italian Blogs, be sure to check them out!
I’ve certainly never been trained how to cook authentic Italian Food, but I love to make Italian Style dishes. All the ingredients are phenomenal.
The crispy pancetta and arugula are 2 of my favorite parts of the burger. Even my boys enjoyed these. The roasted garlic and sun dried tomatoes bring a nice Italian flare to the turkey burger itself and fresh little mozzarella balls are stuffed then melted in the middle of the burgers that you don’t find until it oozes out as you bite into it. Is there anything better than marinated artichoke hearts??!! I could seriously eat the artichoke remoulade with a spoon.
These mini ciabatta rolls were so cute that I found at Sprouts, they are just a little bigger than a slider, which was just enough. Bon Appetite!
Double Mozzarella Turkey Burgers with an Artichoke Remoulade and Crispy Pancetta
For the Burgers:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ Cup finely chopped white onion
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chopped sun dried tomatoes oil packed and drained
- 5 dashes of Tabasco Hot Sauce
- 6 fresh mozzarella balls about ½ inch, marinated in olive oil
- 6 slices fresh mozzarella cheese 1/4 inch thick
- 6 mini ciabatta rolls or other mini crusty rolls, split
For the Artichoke Remoulade:
- ½ Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup chopped artichoke hearts marinated in olive oil, drained
- 2 cups fresh arugula leaves
- 6 slices of tomato
- 1 cup diced pancetta browned (Place in a skillet heated to medium-high and cook until browned, about 5 minutes)
- Preheat a grill pan or outside grill to medium heat. Place turkey, salt, pepper, onion, garlic, sun dried tomatoes and hot sauce in a large bowl. With hands or large spoon mix until combined. Form into 6 equal size patties, pressing a mozzarella ball into the center of each burger. Grill each patty for about 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. During the last few minutes of grilling, place a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of burgers to melt.
- Lightly toast rolls, cut side down on grill. Combine mayonnaise and artichoke hearts in a medium bowl until well combined. Spread artichoke remoulade on both sides of rolls. Layer bottom rolls with arugula leaves, a burger, a tomato slice, crisped pancetta and top with top rolls.