This Chicken Ragout Dinner is the perfect meal for your whole family. It’s hearty, comforting, and packed with your favorite flavors!
Easy Chicken Dinner Idea
Easy chicken dinners are some of our very favorite recipes! Pan fried chicken pieces simmered in flavorful red sauce with browned cubed potatoes, it’s an amazing dinner. Serve with a loaf of crusty bread and salad then you are good to go!
Try my Weeknight Chicken Enchiladas too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
How to Make the Best Chicken Dinner
After you brown your chicken pieces, brown your cubed potatoes with onion and garlic.
Add a large can of crushed tomatoes and give a good stir.
Nestle your chicken pieces right in the sauce and potatoes and bake partially covered for about an hour.
I like to serve Chicken Ragout Dinner right in the pan. But it’s also great served with spoonfuls of sauce or on top of cooked pasta!
What To Serve With Chicken Ragout
- I like to prepare a nice large green salad with lots of vegetables and a variety of salad dressings.
- Serve this chicken dinner with a nice loaf of crusty bread. Season with garlic makes it even better!
- Steamed vegetables are another great side dish for this recipe.
Chicken Ragout Dinner
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 pieces chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 small russet potatoes diced
- 1 cup finely diced white onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- Heat olive oil into 3 quart or larger sautee pan over medium high heat. Salt and pepper chicken pieces then carefully add them to hot pan. Brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer partially cooked chicken to a plate or some tin foil.
- With oil and browned bits still in pan, add diced potatoes, season lightly with salt and pepper then and onions, stirring until potatoes are browned and onions softened. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add crushed tomatoes, stirring to combine then add partially cooked chicken sitting in sauce and potatoes. Place in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes until chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove and serve.