Sharing a shortbread cookie recipe today that is going to be a new favorite! These Chocolate Shortbread Bars are perfect for your upcoming parties! Sweet and buttery perfection.
Shortbread Cookie Recipe
I love bringing back some of my favorite Picky Palate recipes from over the years! Today, I’m sharing these shortbread bars from 2011! They are buttery sweet with just the right amount of sweetness. So much fun!
The great thing about shortbread, is there is literally just a few ingredients. Butter, sugar, flour and salt are the typical ingredients. Since we are making a chocolate version, you’ll add the melted chocolate to the butter and sugars.
Add your flour and salt to the mix. Dough will be thick.
Chocolate-y fabulous. Press into your baking pan.
Time for the M&M’s!
Line your M&M’s in little rows over top then time to bake. 350 degrees F. for 30-35 minutes.
Buttery, crisp but soft and delicious. Enjoy!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 49 Candy Corn M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil that’s been sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Place chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth, stirring.
- Pour melted chocolate into mixer beating until well combined. Slowly add flour and salt until well combined. Dough will be thick.
- Press dough into prepared pan and line with M&M’s, pressing in slightly. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through.
- Let cool completely and cut into squares.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.