These Festive Chocolate Shortbread Bars are perfect for your upcoming Fall parties or get togethers! Sweet and buttery perfection.
I love bringing back some of my favorite Picky Palate recipes from over the years! Today, I’m sharing these shortbread bars from 2011! They are buttery sweet with just the right amount of sweetness. So much fun!
Have I said how much I love going down the Halloween isle and finding new goodies to bake with?!
These White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M’s!! Now, if you can’t find this variety ANY M&M’s variety will work just fine. From what I hear, these are a Walmart exclusive product, so check your local Walmart stores.
The great thing about shortbread, is there is literally just a few ingredients. Butter, sugar, flour and salt are the typical ingredients. Since we are making a chocolate version, you’ll add the melted chocolate to the butter and sugars.
Add your flour and salt to the mix. Dough will be thick.
Chocolate-y fabulous. Press into your baking pan.
Time for the M&M’s!
Line your M&M’s in little rows over top then time to bake. 350 degrees F. for 30-35 minutes.
Buttery, crisp but soft and delicious. Enjoy!
Festive Chocolate Shortbread Bars
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 35 min | Total time:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 49 Candy Corn M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil that’s been sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Place chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth, stirring.
- Pour melted chocolate into mixer beating until well combined. Slowly add flour and salt until well combined. Dough will be thick.
- Press dough into prepared pan and line with M&M’s, pressing in slightly. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through.
- Let cool completely and cut into squares.
Makes 9-12 Servings
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.