This Flourless Chocolate Cake is such an easy and delicious dessert recipe! Dusted with powdered sugar, this classic cake is always a big hit!
Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
A couple weeks ago I had to decide what dessert to make for a friend who has a gluten free diet and I was completely stumped at first. What could I possible make with no flour?! After picking my brain, I thought hey why not a flourless chocolate cake?!
Since I am no gluten-free baker, I used the help of Epicurious.com for this one and adapted it slightly.
I was so pleasantly surprised at how simple and fudgy delicious this cake was. Kind of brownie like consistency. I would recommend it for sure. My only complaint was how thin the cake was, so be prepared for that. I found that once I put it onto a cake stand and dusted it with powdered sugar and raspberries, it looked great. I might even double the recipe next time for a thicker cake.
Hope you enjoy!
Pardon my Instagram Photos here, but you’ll start by placing your chocolate and butter over a double boiler until melted and smooth.
Mix your chocolate with sugar, eggs and cocoa powder, then transfer to your springform pan and bake!
Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 5 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line an 8 inch springform or tart pan with parchment paper and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Cut up chocolate into small pieces and place over a double boiler with butter. Stir until melted. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in sugar, eggs and cocoa powder. Pour into prepared springform pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until baked through. Let cool for 10 minutes then release springform pan. Let cool completely before cutting into wedges.
- Dust with powdered sugar and top with raspberries. Serve room temperature.
Have a great day! Come back soon 🙂