Monday results! Congrats to the following 3 WINNERS of the “Tote-ally” Cool Giveaway….please email me, firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP with your address and I’ll get your prizes out! LOVED reading everyone’s perfect dinners. I am hungry thinking of all the good stuff ya’ll wrote!
Commenter #215: Katie’s Blog who said:
My perfect dinner would be a seafood feast with a luscious pasta side dish and fresh wilted spinach for my veggie. My dinner would be perfect if my hubby and kids were eating dinner with me.
Commenter #24: Nancy who said:
Well if I really get to pick the perfect dinner it would have to be all my favorite desserts. Creme Brulee,donuts, mint oreo ice cream, white chocolate macadamian nut cookies. This list would go on and on.
Commenter #187: Mamawags who said:
My perfect dinner would be a perfectly grilled tri-tip steak, parmesan couscous, green salad with all the veggies it could hold, topped with homemade ranch dressing! Dessert would be cheesecake with raspberries!! Delish!!
Some of my fondest memories of college was coming home to my Granna’s house (she graciously let my husband and I live with her and my Bunka when we were going to school) and sitting down to a 3 course meal EVERYNIGHT when we’d come home from a long day at school.I’m talking salad, bread with lots of butter and some fabulous main dish that was as fattening as could be. My beautiful French grandmother is a wonderful cook and has taught me so much.My husband and I look back at our photos of those couple years and we were so chubby, and I totally know why….granna’s home cooking!I am so lucky to have her and my grandpa (Bunka) in my life and I miss seeing them now that we are in CA.
I created this beef stew in honor of my sweet grandma, because it reminds me of those days eating dinner in her comfy kitchen. Although beef stew isn’t the prettiest dish to photograph, it’s as tasty as can be. I hope you will all enjoy a little old fashion comfort food!
Good Old Fashion Hearty Beef Stew
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 3 celery ribs cut into ½ inch pieces
- 3 peeled carrots cut into ½ inch pieces
- 6 oz package sliced white mushrooms
- 1 medium fennel bulb thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups pearl onions peeled
- 2 cups peeled and diced turnips
- 4 medium potatoes of choice cut into ½ inch chunks
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 32 oz beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place the flour, salt, pepper and stew meat into a large ziplock bag. Shake around to coat the beef, then remove beef shaking off excess flour.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil into a large dutch oven over medium heat. Place flour coated beef into pot and brown all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining 2 Tablespoons olive oil into pot and add carrots, mushrooms, fennel, onions, turnips, potatoes and garlic.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally then add broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cover with oven safe lid and place in oven for 2-2 ½ hours or until beef is fork tender.
- Remove from oven and season to taste as desired. Serve with soft rolls and enjoy!
Check back Monday morning on this post for the 3 winners from the giveaway!!