Sharing a favorite chicken and rice recipe today! My Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Rice Bake is the perfect weeknight dinner and works great as a make ahead freezer meal!
Chicken and Rice Recipe
This chicken and rice recipe is a staple at our house! It’s no secret I love developing quick and simple dinner recipes with my favorite products. I also wanted to develop a recipe that you could freeze and have ready to heat up later or give to family and friends in need. We sure love Mexican recipes and this one was a favorite for sure! Hope you enjoy this simple dinner that is perfect for freezing to save for another time!
Chicken and Rice Bake
I used white basmati rice for my bake. Use your favorite, anything will work great.
Pour in your mild enchilada sauce.
Chopped green chilies and chicken up next.
Add your seasonings and stir.
Time for your tomatoes and corn! Give a stir. Love the corn in the freezer section of Trader Joe’s, such a great item to have stocked in the your freezer for quick fix dinner ideas.
Transfer to your favorite baking dish. This is the point you would freeze the dish if you wanted. Add the cheese right before baking.
Cheesy Chicken and Rice
Everything is better with cheese! Time to bake 🙂
Dinner is served. Hope you enjoy!
Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Rice Bake
- 4 cups rice cooked
- 1 can
Old El Paso Mild Enchilada Sauce10oz
- 1 can
Old El Paso chopped Green Chilies4.5oz
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1 can diced tomatoes 10oz
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet or pan over medium heat, add rice, enchilada sauce, green chilies, chicken, tomatoes, corn, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Stir to combine all ingredients. Warm for 5 minutes then transfer to prepared baking dish. Top with cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve warm.