These Healthy Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies make the perfect afternoon snack without any guilt! These soft chocolate chip cookies are a delicious healthier dessert option.
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
For the last couple weeks I’ve been perfecting this healthier chocolate chip cookie. I’ve been looking for just the right texture but less of the “bad stuff” in everyday cookies that I love so much.
After tweaking my recipe a half dozen times I finally got it right! Buttery crisp around the edges yet soft and fabulous in the center.
Now, you’ll need to do a little shopping for some new flours. Trust me it will be worth it. You’ll need to get some Almond Meal, which is finely ground almond. You’ll also need Oat Flour which is, yup you guessed it, ground up oats. The oat flour makes the cookies so light. I am kinda obsessed with it. Both flours are available at your health food grocery store or you can find them on Amazon as well 🙂
Hope you enjoy my newest cookie recipe…..with a little less guilt!
Baking Tips for Chocolate Chip Cookies
I tried these cookies cooked a couple minutes longer and a couple minutes less to see what I liked best. The ones in the photo were baked 10 minutes. These were my favorite. I did a couple batches at 12 minutes and really enjoyed the crispiness. You choose what you like best.
One more tip for you. I baked these cookies right after mixing the ingredients and I baked them after they were refrigerated for 24 hours. The ones in theses photos are the ones that were refrigerated for 24 hours. I highly recommend chilling the dough first. The dough that wasn’t chilled was still delicious, but less visually appealing. More flat and not as pretty. So, there you have it. Be patient and chill your dough before baking them.
Healthy Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour plus 2 tbsp!!
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Place coconut oil and butter in large mixing bowl, beating to combine. Add sugars, mixing well then add egg and vanilla. Stir well then add almond meal, oat flour, all purpose flour, salt, baking soda and chocolate chips. Stir until just combined.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 3-4 hours
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a split liner. Use a small cookie scoop and place dough 1 inch apart onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring. Enjoy room temperature.
This post contains affiliate links