This Homemade Supreme Pizza is such a fun weeknight dinner that can get the whole family involved. This tasty pizza recipe is packed with amazing meats and veggies!
There is nothing like homemade pizza night! I love pizza night because the kids love helping with dinner prep. Some nights I’ll double the pizza dough recipe and let everyone make their own mini pizzas using their favorite toppings. Check out my Homemade Pizza/Pasta Sauce too!
I put together a loaded pizza today with some of my favorite toppings. Sausage, lots of veggies and lots of cheese. Have fun and create your own favorite pizza.
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming next to the blog!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Frigidaire Gallery® to bring you simple dinner recipes the whole family loves.
How To Make The Best Homemade Pizza
Here are the ingredients I used for my pizza. I used my homemade pizza dough recipe that you are going to love! If time is too short, use your favorite prepared pizza dough from your grocery store. Heaven knows I’ve done that plenty of times 🙂
There is something so satisfying about making your own pizza dough. It’s simpler that you might imagine. You don’t have to let it rise, so my dough recipe is done in about 10 minutes.
Press your dough into about a 12 inch round onto a pizza pan.
Spread with your favorite pizza sauce, pasta sauce or marinara sauce.
Add The Toppings!
Top with a light layer of cheese then browned sausage.
Top with chopped onion along with red and green bell peppers.
Add quartered and sliced zucchini and chopped white mushrooms.
A nice layer of shredded mozzarella and you’re ready for the oven!
Time To Bake!
Place your pizza into a hot preheated oven, 400 degrees F. Bake for about 15 minutes, until crust is cooked through.
Look at that thick crust! If your family prefers a thin crust, press your dough into a larger round before baking.
Cut pizza into slices and enjoy.
I like to serve our pizza with a lovely salad and call it a night. Simple and delicious!
Homemade Supreme Pizza
- 1 cup warm water 110 degrees F
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup prepared pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cooked crumbled and browned sausage
- 1/4 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 cup quartered sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped white mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and line pizza pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Place warm water, yeast and sugar into mixer bowl. Have the dough hook attachment on. Mix gently and let nearly double in size, about 5 minutes. With mixer on low add flour, olive oil, salt and garlic salt. Scrape sides of bowl and let knead for 5 minutes until dough is cleaning sides of bowl. Add sprinkles of additional flour if it's not. Remove dough with floured hands and transfer to a floured countertop. Fold dough over itself a couple times then form into a round. Place onto pizza pan and press into a 12 inch round, larger for a more thin crust. Spoon sauce over dough leaving 1 inch around edges. Top with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella then layer with sausage, bell peppers, onions, zucchini, mushrooms and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until crust is cooked through. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing into wedges. Serve with a salad if desired.
Disclaimer: This post was in partnership with Frigidaire Gallery® 2016. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin Homemade Supreme Pizza