My Chunky Chicken Enchilada Soup is perfect for busy weeknights when time is short. If you’ve got about 20 minutes, you are good to go!
It’s so nice having quick and simple dinner recipes that you can count on when you life is busy busy. I whipped up this ultra flavorful soup using some of my favorite Old El Paso products in literally minutes. We love having Mexican style meals on a weekly basis if not more, so this was a real treat to bring to the dinner table. Hearty with lots of vegetables, it does not disappoint!
I used these three delicious Old El Paso products for the base of my soup.
You’ll need some cooked chicken breast. You can use either a rotisserie chicken or check your grocery store for already cooked chicken that is packaged up. I get mine from Trader Joe’s and I just chop it into bite size pieces.
Add your chopped chicken and corn to the saucepan. I found this charred corn from Trader Joe’s. It’s awesome! Perfect for soups!
Your red enchilada sauce is up next.
I also added some dicd tomatoes then a can of Old El Paso Green Chilies.
Your mild green chile sauce is next.
Add some ground cumin and I’m not kidding that is it! Give a good stir and cook until hot. Enjoy!
Garnish your bowl with some fresh cilantro leaves and tortilla chips if you’d like.
Chunky Chicken Enchilada Soup
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 20 min
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 10 ounce can Old El Paso Mild enchilada sauce
- 10 ounce can Diced tomatoes with peppers, mild
- 4.5 ounce can Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 24 ounce can Old El Paso Mild Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Place chicken, corn, enchilada sauce, green chiles and cumin into a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with fresh cilantro leaves and tortilla chips if desired.
Makes 6 Servings
This post is in partnership with Old El Paso however thoughts and opinions are my own.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.