Sharing a favorite chicken enchilada soup today! My Chunky Chicken Enchilada Soup is the perfect healthy meal for busy weeknights. This soup is hearty, delicious, and only takes about 20 minutes to make!
Chicken Enchilada Soup
It’s so nice having quick and simple dinner recipes that you can count on when you life is busy busy. I whipped up this ultra flavorful soup using some of my favorite simple pantry items in literally minutes. We love having Mexican style meals on a weekly basis if not more, so this was a real treat to bring to the dinner table. Hearty with lots of vegetables, it does not disappoint!
Try my Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Best Soup Recipes
You’ll need some cooked chicken breast. You can use either a rotisserie chicken or check your grocery store for already cooked chicken that is packaged up. I get mine from Trader Joe’s and I just chop it into bite size pieces.
Add your chopped chicken and corn to the saucepan. I found this charred corn from Trader Joe’s. It’s awesome! Perfect for soups!
Your red enchilada sauce is up next.
I also added some dicd tomatoes then a can of Old El Paso Green Chilies.
Your mild green chile sauce is next.
Add some ground cumin and I’m not kidding that is it! Give a good stir and cook until hot. Enjoy!
Garnish your bowl with some fresh cilantro leaves and tortilla chips if you’d like.
Chunky Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 10 oz Mild Enchilada Sauce (1 can)
- 10 oz diced tomatoes with peppers (1 can)
- 4.5 oz chopped green chilies
- 24 oz Mild Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Place chicken, corn, enchilada sauce, green chiles and cumin into a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with fresh cilantro leaves and tortilla chips if desired.