This Sweet Bread Recipe is perfect for perfect for weekend brunch or for everyday snacking! Packed with orange and apple flavors, it’s a sure hit every time!
Sweet Bread Recipe
Making bread recipes can be a bit overwhelming if you haven’t baked much. My Iced Orange Bread Recipe is simple to follow and is perfectly sweet. Hope you enjoy!
Be sure to try my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
It’s a pleasure partnering with Fleischmann’s® Yeast today to bring you a recipe that’s perfect for holiday baking!
Baking is a love that runs in my family and I love to invite my mom over so we can bake together. I can always count on a lot of laughs and great memories made in the kitchen and it’s such a great way to celebrate together. With this recipe, plan to double up and bake a little extra so there’s a delicious treat to enjoy right away and an extra loaf to send your mom home with to enjoy later.
How To Make Orange Bread
While your yeast is proofing, get your ingredients measured and ready to go.
You’ll warm the orange juice and butter until about 110 degrees F.
Once your yeast has proofed, start adding your dry ingredients.
The sugar up next.
Slowly add your warm orange juice and butter mixture.
Add in your eggs.
Add the rest of your flour to make a dough.
Gently stir in your grated apples.
Transfer to two loaf pans, cover loosely and let these babies rise. When ready, bake for 35-34 minutes until baked through.
Once your loaves are cool, you’ll drizzle with your icing. Let the fun begin!
Won’t this be perfect for holidays? It really is beautiful and such a treat to serve at your celebration.
Iced Orange Apple Bread Recipe
- 1 1/3 cup warm water about 110 degrees F
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann’s® Active Dry Yeast
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup grated apples
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Combine water and yeast in large mixer bowl; let rest 5 minutes. Add 3 cups flour, sugar and salt. Warm orange juice and butter in microwave until warm (100° to 110°F). Pour into flour mixture; add eggs. Beat for 30 seconds with electric mixer to combine. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining flour to make a stiff batter. Stir in grated apples. Spoon into two well-greased 8-1/2 x 4-inch inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise in a warm draft-free place 60 to 90 minutes, or until doubled.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until done. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Let cool then whisk powdered sugar and heavy cream until thick and smooth. Drizzle over top of loaves. Slice and serve.
Disclaimer: This post was brought to you in partnership with Fleischmann’s® Yeast in 2016. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.