This Iced Orange Apple Bread Recipe is perfect for perfect for a Mother’s Day brunch or get-together or for everyday snacking!
It’s a pleasure partnering with Fleischmann’s® Yeast today to bring you a recipe that’s perfect for Mother’s Day!
Baking is a love that runs in my family and I love to invite my mom over so we can bake together. I can always count on a lot of laughs and great memories made in the kitchen and it’s such a great way to celebrate Mother’s Day together. With this recipe, plan to double up and bake a little extra so there’s a delicious treat to enjoy right away and an extra loaf to send your mom home with to enjoy later.
You’ll use Fleischmann’s® ActiveDry Yeast for this recipe. If you don’t use yeast much when baking, don’t be intimated, it’s actually quite simple and fun. Save time the day of your Mother’s Day brunch or get-together by making your dough beforehand, refrigerating it, and using it when ready.
Fleischmann’s® Yeast can be used for a variety of everyday and seasonal recipes. Baking is a way to show how much you care for someone, so bake a little extra.
While your yeast is proofing, get your ingredients measured and ready to go.
You’ll warm the orange juice and butter until about 110 degrees F.
Once your yeast has proofed, start adding your dry ingredients.
The sugar up next.
Slowly add your warm orange juice and butter mixture.
Add in your eggs.
Add the rest of your flour to make a dough.
Gently stir in your grated apples.
Transfer to two loaf pans, cover loosely and let these babies rise. When ready, bake for 35-34 minutes until baked through.
Once your loaves are cool, you’ll drizzle with your icing. Let the fun begin!
I may have had too much fun with this part.
Won’t this be perfect for Mother’s Day? It really is beautiful and such a treat to serve at your celebration.
My boys really enjoyed their slice with a little honey butter. Might want to give that a try too!
Hope you enjoy 🙂
Iced Orange Apple Bread Recipe
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 45 min | Total time: 2 hours, includes rise time
- 1 1/3 cup warm water, about 110 degrees F
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann’s® Active Dry Yeast
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup grated apples
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Combine water and yeast in large mixer bowl; let rest 5 minutes. Add 3 cups flour, sugar and salt. Warm orange juice and butter in microwave until warm (100° to 110°F). Pour into flour mixture; add eggs. Beat for 30 seconds with electric mixer to combine. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining flour to make a stiff batter. Stir in grated apples. Spoon into two well-greased 8-1/2 x 4-inch inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise in a warm draft-free place 60 to 90 minutes, or until doubled.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until done. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Let cool then whisk powdered sugar and heavy cream until thick and smooth. Drizzle over top of loaves. Slice and serve.
Makes 12-16 Servings
Recipe inspired by Fleischmann’s® Pineapple Carrot Bread Recipe
Disclaimer: This post is brought to you in partnership with Fleischmann’s® Yeast. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.