My Weeknight Chicken & Rice Soup recipe is good for the stomach and the soul! It’s packed with chicken, rice, vegetables, bacon and more! Enjoy!
My Favorite Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe
Doesn’t get much better than my Weeknight Chicken Soup! Homemade soup doesn’t have to take all day in the kitchen. With my tips and tricks, you’ll have this gorgeous pot of comfort food on your table in about 30 minutes.
Try my Weeknight Chicken Noodle Soup too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Ingredients For Chicken And Rice Soup
- Olive oil
- Shredded chicken
- Chicken broth
- Ranch Dressing Seasoning packet/mix
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cooked white rice
- Cooked bacon
- Fresh chopped parsley
What Kind Of Chicken Can I Use?
For speedy prep time buy a pre-cooked chicken such as a Rotisserie. It saves time and the chicken is tender and flavorful. Costco sells a large Rotisserie Chicken for a great deal if you have Costco near you.
I also LOVE getting my carrots, celery and onion already chopped. Trader Joe’s and many grocery stores have pre-packaged chopped vegetables ready for your soup needs. Cook the rice ahead of time and I also use microwave bacon to save even more time!
Once your oil is hot, saute the carrots, onion and celery along with minced garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, or until softened.
How To Make Chicken and Rice Soup
Heat oil in 5 quart pot over medium heat. When oil is hot add onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until softened. Stir in chicken, chicken broth, rice, Ranch Dressing mix, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir in crumbed bacon and fresh parsley. Reduce heat to simmer until ready to serve.
Add your cooked shredded chicken to the pot.
Pour in the chicken broth.
Stir in the cooked rice.
What Kind Of Rice Should I Use?
You can use white rice, brown rice, long grain, short grain, Basmati and even Jasmine. Whatever rice you prefer works great in this recipe.
Stir in one packet of Ranch Dressing mix. This gives the entire soup it’s flavor.
Do I Have To Use The Ranch Dressing Mix?
This mix gives the broth/soup it’s delicious flavor, but if you don’t have it, or can’t find it at the grocery store, substitute 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt. You’ll need to taste at the end and add more seasonings if needed.
Add the cooked, crumbled bacon.
Stir all ingredients together and simmer until ready to serve. This is a weeknight favorite this time of year!
Tips For Making Chicken & Rice Soup
- For weeknight meals, take advantage of using pre-cooked meats, pre-chopped vegetables and even cooked rice. Having these items in your refrigerator helps when whipping up quick fix weeknight meals.
- Weeknight Chicken Rice Soup makes the perfect meal to bring to new moms or families in need of dinner. It’s comforting, quick to prepare and hearty.
- Serve Weeknight Chicken Rice Soup with a green salad and crusty bread if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Weeknight Chicken & Rice Soup
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken such as rotisserie
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked white rice I used basmati
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing dry mix
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 20 strips cooked crisp bacon crumbled (I used microwave bacon)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in 5 quart pot over medium heat. When oil is hot add onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until softened. Stir in chicken, chicken broth, rice, Ranch Dressing mix, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir in crumbed bacon and fresh parsley. Reduce heat to simmer until ready to serve.
Pin Chicken and Rice Soup To Your Favorite Recipe Board!