Weeknight Chicken Rice Soup
Tags: chicken, chicken dinner, chicken soup, quick fix dinner, soup
My Weeknight Chicken Rice Soup is good for the soul! It’s packed with chicken, rice, vegetables, bacon and more! Enjoy!
Doesn’t get much better than my Weeknight Chicken Rice Soup! Homemade soup doesn’t have to take all day in the kitchen. With my tips and tricks, you’ll have this gorgeous pot of comfort food on your table in about 30 minutes.
For more Picky Palate Soup recipes also try:
How To Prepare Weeknight Chicken Rice Soup
You’ll need some basic ingredients to get you started. For speedy prep time buy pre-cooked chicken such as a Rotisserie. I also LOVE getting my carrots, celery and onion already chopped. Trader Joe’s has an awesome little package all ready for your soup needs. Cook the rice ahead of time and I also use microwave bacon to save even more time!
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks of recipes coming soon to the blog!
Once your oil is hot, saute the carrots, onion and celery along with minced garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, or until softened.
Add your cooked shredded chicken to the pot.
Pour in the chicken broth.
Stir in the cooked rice.
Stir in one packet of Ranch Dressing mix. This gives the entire soup it’s flavor.
Add the cooked, crumbled bacon.
Weeknight Chicken Rice Soup
Stir all ingredients together and simmer until ready to serve. This is a weeknight favorite this time of year!
Tips For Weeknight Chicken Rice Soup
*For weeknight meals, take advantage of using pre-cooked meats, pre-chopped vegetables and even cooked rice. Having these items in your refrigerator helps when whipping up quick fix weeknight meals.
*Weeknight Chicken Rice Soup makes the perfect meal to bring to new moms or families in need of dinner. It’s comforting, quick to prepare and hearty.
*Serve Weeknight Chicken Rice Soup with a green salad and crusty bread if desired.
*Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken such as rotisserie
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked white rice I used basmati
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing dry mix
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 20 strips cooked crisp bacon crumbled (I used microwave bacon)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in 5 quart pot over medium heat. When oil is hot add onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until softened. Stir in chicken, chicken broth, rice, Ranch Dressing mix, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir in crumbed bacon and fresh parsley. Reduce heat to simmer until ready to serve.
Pin Weeknight Chicken Rice Soup
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.