A fresh, satisfying arugula salad recipe made with hearty chickpeas and sweet peppers, tossed in a zesty homemade lemon dressing!
I know what you are thinking…..Is this really all that good? I am here to tell you, IT REALLY IS THAT GOOD! Talk about a healthy salad you could eat and not feel at all guilty about! It’s colorful, flavorful and just what we need to keep us on track for our goals of staying healthy for 2011!!
Do give this one a try. I first tried this arugula salad from a birthday party and no joke could not stop eating it! I was never even a fan of chickpeas until I tried this refreshing salad. I just knew I had to re-create it for everyone to try. Hope you enjoy!
Here’s your line-up.
Drain those chickpeas 🙂
Roasted Red Peppers may look like some creepy sea creature, but look out they come packed with tons of flavor!
Give the peppers a good chop and add to your chickpeas.
Time to make your lemon dressing. Really simple. Olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. It’s wonderful!
You’ll use 1/2 of a nice juicy lemon.
Give it a good squeeze into your olive oil.
Season with salt and pepper then give a good wisk.
Pour dressing over your chickpeas and peppers 🙂
….and give a good toss.
Lay down some beautiful arugula leaves in a serving dish.
Place your chickpeas and peppers tossed in dressing over your arugula, give a nice toss and EAT 🙂
Lemon Dressing Drizzled Chickpea and Sweet Pepper Arugula Salad
- 2 15 oz. cans garbanzo beans drained
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers drained
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 fresh lemon squeezed
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 bag fresh arugula
- Place garbanzo beans and peppers into a mixing bowl.
- Place olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk to combine. Toss over garbanzo beans and toss to coat.
- Spoon over a bed of fresh arugula leaves and toss. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Have a great rest of your week! Come back soon 🙂