Sharing my favorite Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies today! Don’t miss these vibrant festive Malt Ball and Chocolate Chunk Red Velvet Cookies!
Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
These Red Velvet Cookies are so delicious!! Malt balls, chocolate chunks inside chewy red velvet cake cookies. Doesn’t get much better than that! These could not be simpler to prepare. Just a few ingredients and you are on your way to these beauties! Enjoy!
Try my Red Velvet S’mores Bars too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Your ingredient line up! I also used a few tablespoons of canola oil, not pictured.
How To Make Cake Mix Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Place butter, cake mix, egg and vegetable oil in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Combine all ingredients until dough forms. Stir in chocolate chunks and malt balls. With a medium cookie scoop place dough onto prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until baked through. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring.
Start with a very softened stick of butter.
Cake mix up next!
1 large egg and a few tablespoons of oil.
Malt Balls. Oh yah! I got the fancy ones with the thick chocolaty outsides from Sprouts. Whoppers will work too.
These malt balls are my weakness! Soo good 🙂
Red Velvet Cookies
Look at those delicious scoops of dough. Nom Nom Nom!
Lots of chocolate in those babies, just how I like it.
Ahhhh, done baking. The hard part is letting them cool 🙂
We loved these room temperature, but REALLY loved them chilled. Try both.
Those chocolate chunks!! Enjoy friends!
Chocolate Chunk Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup coarsely crushed malt balls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Place butter, cake mix, egg and vegetable oil in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Combine all ingredients until dough forms. Stir in chocolate chunks and malt balls.
- With a medium cookie scoop place dough onto prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until baked through. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring. They are great at room temperature and great chilled.
Be sure you among the list of upcoming folks, who use our magnificent,
and free of charge Hay Day Hack. They have the biggest Hay Day website on the internet and help out a
ton of Hay Day players each day. The disrespect
of women is evident in the food that we consume.
Oh my, these look way too good to be true! I love your take on this recipe! Thanks for sharing!
Squeal!!!!!!!!!! Two yums ( thumbs) up for this delicious treat. Pinning♥. Hugs P.S. I hope you will share this at my hop tonight.
You had me at malt balls!
YUM!!! I love Malt Balls, so I am SURE they’d be amazing in red velvet cookies! Sounds tasty!
The cookies look perfect! LOVE the color!
Such fun cookies for Valentine’s Day Jenny!
Those bulk-bin malt balls are the BEST! SO much chocolate!
These are beautiful!
Chocolate chunks and red velvet? I’m sold!
Red velvet and malt balls!! No way! These sound and look awesome!
These look and sound amazing! Are you using milk or semi-sweet chocolate?
My husbands favorite candy! I gotta make these for V Day for him (o.k. and me 😉
Hope you enjoy Gwen!
I still have wonderful dreams of the Milky Way Red Velvet cookies, and now this! Love!
Yes! I felt like those Milky Way Cookies needed a friend 🙂 Have fun skiing this week! xo
Oh how I love malt balls and these cookies would really be a treat!
Love all of the chocolate packed into these!
So vibrant and pretty!
Chocolate and Cookies, two of my favorite ideas! These cookies look delicious!
great idea- love how easy they are!
Love the red velvet and malt balls!! They’re my FAVORITE!!
I am in love with these easy cookies.
Oh my heavens! These look fabulous, Jenny!!! xo
Malt balls in cookies?! This is genius….and the amount of chocolate in here is killing me, in the best possible of ways!
Thanks Taylor! I need to come check out your fun blog! xo
Love the colour! These would be perfect for valentines!
Oh, those look PERFECT!! Yum! A definite valentines treat! Lots of chocolate which is always good! Everyone thinks at my level of running that I avoid all kinds of chocolate or sweet treats, but I definitely enjoy more than my fair share! Elites still have a sweet tooth! Well I know I do! I would LOVE some of these….pinned!
Thanks Tina! You are amazing!
Love how much chocolate is packed into these! And such a perfectly vibrant color!
Thanks Rachel! xo
Loving the colour of these!! So pretty!
Thanks Katrina, have a great Monday! xo