These No Bake Snack Squares are perfect for after school treats or anytime snacking note to mention a breeze to whip up!
I couldn’t be more excited to share a recipe from my good friend Shelly’s new cookbook today! The Cookies & Cups Cookbook is drop dead gorgeous if you haven’t checked it out yet. Be sure to get yourself a copy today, you will not be sorry! So many beautiful baked goods plus awesome savory recipes too!
I chose to make Shelly’s No Bake Snack Squares today, because my boys come home from school everyday starving and I thought these would be the perfect after school snack. Let me tell you they absolutely were 🙂
These girls are so special to me. We’ve traveled all over the U.S. together and I can’t say enough about each of them. From NYC to Vegas to Florida and Chicago, we’re always searching for great cities to travel to. So grateful to be not only blogging friends but friends in real life with all of them. We’re already planning our next travel adventures. Sure love these gals!
Ok, back to Shelly’s beautiful book. I’m not kidding that I am in love with it. So many great things to bake and cook. You just have to go get a copy for yourself, each page is just beautiful.
I love a good no bake recipe. You basically bring some corn syrup, brown sugar and peanut butter to boil and stir it into your cereal mixture. That easy folks…..and delicious!!
Transfer to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and press evenly.
Top with little mini M&M’s or chocolate chips 🙂 Let cool and cut into squares!
Here’s Shelly’s bars from her book. Love!
These are so great for an after school snack and nibbling on during the day. My boys seriously went nuts for them. Job well done Shelly!! Great recipe and beautiful cookbook!
No Bake Snack Squares
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 0 min | Total time: 10 min, plus 30 minutes to set up
- 2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup coarsely crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini M&M’s
- Line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with foil and coat it with cooking spray. I used parchment, either works great. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the Rice Krispies, oats and pretzels. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar and corn syrup and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal-pretzel mixture and stir until evenly coated. Pour all of this into the prepared pan and press down to make level. Immediately press the mini M&M’s into the top.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Makes 28 squares
Recipe via Cookies and Cups Cookbook
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.