Sharing some favorite pumpkin cookies today! These Peanut Butter Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chunk Cookies are buttery crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside!
Nothing like pumpkin cookies with great texture! That’s these cookies. Baking cookies must be therapy for me, because it seems like I bake a batch everyday….well, just about. I had so much fun developing this festive peanut butter cookie with just a hint of pumpkin pie spices. All of my favorite things. Hope you enjoy!
Try my Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Cookies too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Pumpkin Cookie Recipe
Here are the ingredients I used today.
Cream your butter and sugars.
Had my lovely 9 and 12 year old assistants helping me with the eggs, vanilla and peanut butter 🙂
Dry ingredients up next.
Pumpkin Pie Spice!
Chocolate chunk heaven. I dare you to not sample a few of these….we did, lol!
Cookie dough perfection.
Time to bake!
Ahhh, great texture, fun flavors. Enjoy!
Tips For Making The Best Cookies
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Do not ever grease your cookie sheets. Will make cookies spread and change texture.
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookies. Cookies will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before storing in containers. This will keep their crispness
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 2 sticks softened butter unsalted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups milk chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugars in stand mixer until well combined. Add egg, vanilla and peanut butter, beating until combined. Slowly add flour, pudding mix, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda then chocolate chunks. Beat on low until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, place dough onto prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring. Serve warm or room temperature.