Hope everyone had a nice weekend and have some fun plans for President’s Day with the kids. My husband and I were movie going fools over the weekend. It started Valentine’s night, we went to see “Definately, Maybe.” Cute movie, perfect for Valentine’s Day. Then, Friday night we went and saw “Jumper,” we both really enjoyed it. Action packed and a cute love story as well. I’m always up for going to the movies.
Now onto these brownies….I find it interesting to see people’s reaction to using brownie mixes. You either use them or you don’t. I guess I’m some where in the middle, because I make both quite often. I know some people think it’s kind of a lazy way to make dessert, but I have to tell you, if you fix them up with just enough goodies, most people have no idea!
I was in charge of bringing a dessert for a church event this evening and didn’t have much time on time on my hands, so I pulled out my handy brownie mix that I always have on hand. Now, what to do with it…. Can one ever go wrong with the chocolate/peanut butter combo, and cheesecake swirled center? I think not! I just knew these would be a hit. I love the puffed up marshmallows piled on top, they add a sweet chewy texture along with the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and chocolate chips.
I say, don’t be afraid of using brownie mixes, in a time crunch they are handy and can always be tweeked to seem beautifully homemade! Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Cup and Cheesecake Swirled Brownies
- 1 brownie mix of choice (9 x 13 size) along with ingredients as directed on back of package
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 12 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups regular size, cut into cubes
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter melted in microwave to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place brownie mix and ingredients on back of box as directed (eggs, oil, water) into a large mixing bowl. Mix until combined and pour into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate bowl mix together the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. Drop by the tablespoonfuls evenly over the brownie batter. Take a knife or toothpick and swirl the cheese mixture through the brownie batter.
- Bake for 30-32 minutes or until cooked through. Once brownies are just about cooked, with about 2 minutes left, sprinkle marshmallows, Reeses cups and chocolate chips over brownies. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until marshmallows are puffed slightly.
- Remove and cool completely before cutting. While brownies are cooling, drizzle melted peanut butter over bars. Let cool.
- Once cool, use a plastic knife to cut into squares for an easy non stick cut. Enjoy!