Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles
Sharing a favorite snickerdoodle recipe today! These Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles are a new favorite in our house! Buttery Crisp and soft centers make for a perfect Fall inspired cookie.
I literally can’t wait for you to whip up this snickerdoodle recipe! Not even kidding they lasted maybe 5 minutes out of the oven before they mysteriously disappeared. Ha! The pumpkin pie spice sugary coating makes for a Fall fabulous cookie treat! Hope you enjoy!
How To Make Snickerdoodles
Here’s your line up of ingredients. Nice and simple!
Cream that buttah and sugar.
Dry ingredients up next!
Cream of tartar then a little vanilla pudding mix gives these cookies AWESOME texture. Obsessed.
Time to get rolling.
Mix some granulated sugar and pumpkin pie spice for the dough.
Coat each little cookie dough ball in the sugar mixture and it’s time to bake.
Salivating. What are you waiting for? Get baking!
Tips For Making The Best Cookies
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Do not ever grease your cookie sheets. Will make cookies spread and change texture.
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie.
- Don’t overtake your cookies. Cookies will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before storing in containers. This will keep their crispness
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons instant vanilla Jello Pudding Mix about 1/2 of 3.4 oz box
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silpat liner.
Cream butter and sugar in stand mixer for 1 minute then add egg and vanilla beating until combined. Add flour, pudding mix, cream of tartar and salt, mixing on low until combined.
Place sugar and pumpkin pie spice into a medium bowl, stirring to combine. Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls, roll in pumpkin pie sugar mix then place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.