Sharing our favorite quesadilla today! These Grilled Steak Fajita Quesadillas are the perfect quick fix dinner idea and packed full of great flavor!
We make quesadilla recipes almost daily around our house. You know me and my quick dinner recipes. I like to be in the kitchen as little as possible in the evenings. So much going on especially in the summer! I put together this ultra tasty butter crisp ‘dilla with some of our favorite ingredients.
I quickly marinated a sirloin steak with 1/2 cup of Lawry’s Santa Fe Chili Marinade. It’s so flavorful, you only need 30 minutes…..you can even brush it on right before grilling if you don’t feel like waiting 30 minutes. Use a grill pan right on top of your stove so you don’t even have to walk outside to the grill. A quick 6 minutes each side of the steak then let that baby rest. Cut it into thin slices, grill your bell pepper and onions and you are ready to start your quesadilla.
How To Make Quesadillas
Place a buttered flour tortilla into a hot skillet. Top with cheese, your steak strips, grilled bell pepper and onions. Top with more cheese, another buttered tortilla and cook until golden brown on each side.
Cut each quesadilla in half and be prepared to start drooling. Minimal work in the kitchen gets you this flavor packed quick dinner or fun lunch. Enjoy!
Grilled Steak Fajita Quesadilla
- 1/2 cup Lawry’s Santa Fe Chili Marinade
- 1 pound Top Sirloin boneless steak
- 1 thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion pepper
- 4 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 4 six inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- Place grill pan over medium heat.
- Place marinade and steak into a large zip top bag. Let sit in marinade for 30 minutes. When ready, spray grill pan heavily with cooking spray and grill steak 6 minutes each side until cooked to your liking. 6 minutes is about medium rareness. Remove steak and cover lightly with foil and let sit for 10 minutes. Slice into thin strips. Place bell peppers and onion into grill pan and grill until softened, about 5-7 minutes. Remove.
- Place a large non stick skillet over medium heat. Butter one side of each tortilla. Place a tortilla into hot skillet buttered side down and layer with cheese, steak strips, bell pepper and onion strips. Top with more cheese then place another tortilla on top, buttered side facing up. Let cook until golden brown on each side and cheese is melted. Remove and continue cooking second quesadilla. Cut each quesadilla in half and serve.