Salsa Verde Chicken Taco Rice Skillet
Sharing my Salsa Verde Chicken Taco Rice Skillet today that makes the perfect weeknight dinner!
You are in for an awesome dinner idea with my Salsa Verde Chicken Taco Rice Skillet!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you simple and flavorful Mexican recipes the whole family enjoys! I put together this quick fix dinner recipe that was a huge hit this week. Adding it to our weekly rotation! Hope you enjoy!
Prepare Salsa Verde Chicken Taco Rice Skillet
Start by sautéing your garlic and stirring in cooked rice.
Add your prepared salsa verde.
Add your Old El Paso Taco Seasoning.
Stir in your cooked chicken.
Some black beans up next!
Top with quartered grape tomatoes and fresh cilantro.
So simple to put together on busy weeknights and makes the perfect dinner for back to school nights! Enjoy!
Why Should I Use a Cast Iron Skillet?
I love using my cast iron skillets! I like serving dinner right out of the skillet. Kind of rustic style. Here are some other great benefits – A well seasoned skillet is stick free.
You can sear and move to oven with 1 pan. They are very inexpensive. They last a lifetime if properly cared for.
Tips For Salsa Verde Chicken Taco Rice Skillet
*Beef works as a great substitute for the chicken in this recipe.
*For another meal idea, try adding a fried egg on top of each serving. It’s delicious.
*Rice is great inside burritos for another meal idea.
*Store any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3-4 days.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1 1/2 cups prepared mild salsa verde
- 3 tablespoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Heat oil in 12 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic then stir in rice. Stir in salsa, Old El Paso Taco Seasoning, chicken and black beans. Stir to combine and let cook/heat for 10 minutes, or until hot. Top with quartered tomatoes and fresh chopped cilantro. Serve warm.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin Salsa Verde Chicken Taco Rice Skillet
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.