Sharing one of my favorite chocolate chunk cookies today! These Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Cookies are so much fun and absolutely delicious. Strawberry and chocolate in every bite!
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Baking cookies is one of my favorite hobbies. Chocolate chunk cookies are among my very favorites. I had the idea for these cookies last week while walking through Trader Joe’s when I saw their freeze dried strawberries. So glad I added them to my cookies. They are colorful and delicious! Be sure to not substitute fresh or frozen strawberries….I’ve tried it and it makes a soggy, not great cookie. Freeze dried is the way to go! Hope you enjoy!
Try my Bakery Style Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration!
How To Bake Cookies
Why Do We Need To Cream Butter And Sugar When Baking Cookies?
- Creaming incorporates the maximum amount of air bubbles so a recipe will rise in the oven and be light in texture. Creaming is done by beating with either a paddle attachment from your stand mixer or it can also be done by hand. Start on low speed until all ingredients have been incorporated, then switch to medium speed, making sure to scrape the bowl down periodically to make sure all ingredients have been mixed thoroughly.
Dry ingredients up next!
Freeze dried strawberries. I found mine at Trader Joe’s, but you can get these at most health food grocery stores.
How pretty is this dough?!
So in love with these.
Can’t wait for you to try them! Enjoy!
Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cups instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup freezer dried strawberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat liner.
- Cream butter and sugars in stand mixer or by hand in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla mixing well. Slowly add flour, pudding mix, baking soda, salt, strawberries and chocolate chunks, stirring until dough forms.
- Scoop dough with a medium cookie scoop onto baking sheet placing 1 inch apart. Bake for 12 minutes, or until baked through. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before transferring.