Sharing one of my favorite chocolate chunk cookies today! These Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Cookies are so much fun and absolutely delicious. Strawberry and chocolate in every bite!
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Baking cookies is one of my favorite hobbies. Chocolate chunk cookies are among my very favorites. I had the idea for these cookies last week while walking through Trader Joe’s when I saw their freeze dried strawberries. So glad I added them to my cookies. They are colorful and delicious! Be sure to not substitute fresh or frozen strawberries….I’ve tried it and it makes a soggy, not great cookie. Freeze dried is the way to go! Hope you enjoy!
Try my Bakery Style Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration!
How To Bake Cookies
Why Do We Need To Cream Butter And Sugar When Baking Cookies?
- Creaming incorporates the maximum amount of air bubbles so a recipe will rise in the oven and be light in texture. Creaming is done by beating with either a paddle attachment from your stand mixer or it can also be done by hand. Start on low speed until all ingredients have been incorporated, then switch to medium speed, making sure to scrape the bowl down periodically to make sure all ingredients have been mixed thoroughly.
Dry ingredients up next!
Freeze dried strawberries. I found mine at Trader Joe’s, but you can get these at most health food grocery stores.
How pretty is this dough?!
So in love with these.
Can’t wait for you to try them! Enjoy!
Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cups instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup freezer dried strawberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat liner.
- Cream butter and sugars in stand mixer or by hand in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla mixing well. Slowly add flour, pudding mix, baking soda, salt, strawberries and chocolate chunks, stirring until dough forms.
- Scoop dough with a medium cookie scoop onto baking sheet placing 1 inch apart. Bake for 12 minutes, or until baked through. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before transferring.
Hey, I am planning on baking these cookies for my sorority this weekend, but I have some gluten free sisters. Is there a gluten free recipe for this or has anyone tried to make these cookies gluten free? The cookies sound amazing and I really want to make them!
I tried these… Did work out very well.. They taste great. But don’t look so good. I followed all of the directions… Himmm… Interesting… :/. I guess I’m not a very good cookie maker, haha
Delicious!!! I couldn’t find freeze dried strawberries, but I had dried (not freeze dried) cherries. I cut them in half. All my taste testers loved them!!. Thanks for sharing
These are really tasty! I made these and it reminded me of chocolate covered strawberry, the strawberry is subtle. I used 3 tablespoons of pudding mix powder and it turned out great.
how many grams corresponds to a cup and 1 stick butter. thank you
how many grams corresponds to a cup? thank you
What a yummy way of adding strawberries to cookies!
Please clarify the amount of pudding to add also is it dry or prepared pudding .
What a great idea! I keep walking by these at TJ’s, glad you didn’t, I can’t wait to try making these! I heard freeze dried strawberries are perfect to grind into a powder and use in icing too!
umm YUM! How beautiful are these?! Using freeze dried fruit to avoid sogginess is brilliant!
Talk about packing the summer into a cookie!!
Such a great idea! I had never thought of using freeze-dried fruit in cookies. My daughters would go crazy over these!
Chocolate and strawberries sounds wonderful together!
Jenny! I always tell myself that I need to go and count how many cookie recipes you have but I always forget- you are an an endless supply of creative cookies! and these look wonderful, so pretty!
Oh wow these are super pretty!! I’d admire them for a moment and then proceed to eat THEM ALL!
Ooooohhhh…..I love the addition of strawberry. Can’t wait to try these!
Oh, I LOVE this cookie! I can’t wait to try it! I’m such a huge fan of freeze dried strawberries so that with chocolate, in a cookie – yes!
Love strawberries and chocolate together! Great looking cookies, Jenny! These would be the perfect after-school treat for my kids one day this week! 🙂
I love TJ’s!! The best for everything. The cookies look fab, Jenny!!