Try my simple to prepare Tuscan Broccoli and Cheese Quesadilla this week for dinner!
I am thrilled to share my new quick fix weeknight quesadilla with you today. I know how stressful it is trying to decide what to make for dinner each week when you’ve got a zillion other things to do with your family.
I am partnering with Green Giant™ Valley Fresh Steamers this month to bring you simple to prepare dinner recipes that help you find new alternatives for dinner with your family during the sometimes hectic week.
Be sure to enter Green Giant™ Sweepstake to win a week of free dinners prepared by a professional chef by posting your dinner ideas on your social media pages with the hashtag #ReinventWeeknights.
We really enjoyed this Tuscan Seasoned Broccoli. It paired perfectly inside the crispy quesadilla and the kids even finished the leftover broccoli that wasn’t needed for the quesadillas.
As a child, my mom always prepared our quesadillas on the stovetop so I’ve continued that tradition in our home. You don’t have to heat up the oven and it literally takes a couple minutes each side to cook. I love how crispy it turns out too!
Fold your tortilla over the filled half and let cook on both sides until golden brown and crisp.
Green Giant™ Valley Fresh Steamers come in a variety of of seasoned, sauced or blended vegetables. I love that I can add them so simply to many of my dinners and make a completely new recipe.
How fun are these quesadillas? Broccoli and cheese are a match made in heaven, I love them together in this quesadilla.
Before, I would just whip up a quick cheese quesadilla for the boys and now by adding some Tuscan seasoned broccoli florets, I’ve got a gorgeous new dinner idea. Hope you enjoy!
Tuscan Broccoli and Cheese Quesadilla
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 5 min | Total time: 15 min
- 11 ounce Green Giant™ Tuscan Broccoli Seasoned Steamers
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 burrito size tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat Green Giant™ Tuscan Broccoli Seasoned Steamers according to package direction. Open bag carefully and with kitchen shears, cut broccoli into smaller pieces to fit inside quesadilla.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spread butter on one side of each tortilla. Using one tortilla at a time, place buttered side down into skillet. Place 1/4 cup shredded cheese onto one half of tortilla then an even layer of Tuscan Broccoli. Top with another 1/4 cup shredded cheese and with a spatula fold tortilla over filling. Cook until both sides are golden brown and cheese is hot and melted.
- Cut each tortilla in half and serve warm.
Makes 4 Servings, 2 halves each
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Green Giant, however thoughts and opinions are my own.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.