Hey everyone, Superbowl Sunday is creeping right up on us. Do you know what you are making?
Let me help with this blast from the past perfect party recipe….walking tacos, they just sound fun don’t they? I shared this recipe last year and it was a huge success, if you missed it, here you go! Perfect if you hosting a big party, enjoy. ps….use any ol’ chili you’d like, my recipe is just a favorite of ours.
You can catch the entire post of the original HERE if you’d like to see a few more step by step photos. Off to get ready for a day at Disney with the fam! Have a great Tuesday! Here’s to hoping I will not consume a dozen churro’s today 🙂
Here are my guys loving their Walking Tacos!
Walk your tacos to the couch and watch the big game!!
Superbowl Walking Tacos…blast from the past
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 6-8 little sweet peppers or 1 green and 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- pinch of kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Herdez Salsa or your favorite salsa
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 cans beans (I used black, pinto and red kidney)
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Pinch of Kosher salt, fresh cracked black pepper and Lawry’s Garlic Salt with Parsley (to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Bags of Fritos
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- jalapenos, or green onions
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Saute onion and peppers for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add ground beef, salt and pepper. Cook until browned. Drain if needed. I usually don’t need to for the lean beef.
- Pour in tomatoes, salsa, tomato paste then stir to combine.
- Add 1 Cup warm water to thin out slightly then add in beans, olives, chili powder, cumin, hot sauce, lime juice, salt, pepper and garlic salt. I start with just a pinch of salt then keep tasting until it’s to my liking.
- Add chopped cilantro and reduce heat to low to simmer until ready to serve.
- Open bags of fritos. Spoon in chili, cheese, sour cream and jalapenos. Stick a fork in it and eat!!