Sharing one of my favorite buttermilk pancakes today! These Whole Wheat Cherry Walnut Buttermilk Pancakes are the perfect way to start your day! Packed with lots of goodness.
Making a gorgeous pancake recipe on the weekends for my family is one of my very favorite meals to treat them with. These buttermilk pancakes with cherries and walnuts could not be more delicious!
Try my Raspberry Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Pancakes too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration!
It’s a pleasure partnering with Fisher Nuts to bring you a heart healthy new recipe today! Pancakes are one of my favorite recipes to develop so it I had so much fun creating this gorgeous stack you don’t have to feel guilty about.
You’ll find whole wheat flour, ground Fisher Walnuts and dark cherries. This combination will have you smiling ear to ear!
How To Make Pancakes
The great thing about this recipe is that you just add everything to your mixing bowl. Dry and wet ingredients. You’ll be pleased with the ease of prep work.
Once you’ve mixed the pancake batter then chop up some frozen cherries. I like to use frozen because they don’t color the entire batter red and they’re already pitted.
Top with additional Fisher Walnut Pieces and drizzle with pure maple syrup.
Whole Wheat Cherry Walnut Buttermilk Pancakes
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Fisher Walnut Halves and Pieces finely ground
- 1 tablespoon granulated
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup chopped frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup Fisher Walnut Halves and Pieces to garnish tops
- Place medium sized non-stick skillet over medium heat
- Place flour, Fisher Walnuts, sugar, baking soda, salt, buttermilk and egg into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine then gently stir in chopped frozen cherries.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into hot skillet, swirling to make round. Cook until browned then flip to brown other side. Remove and stack onto plate. Continue finishing pancakes until batter is gone. Place onto serving plates and drizzle with pure maple syrup.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Fisher Nuts. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.