These Whole Wheat Cherry Walnut Buttermilk Pancakes are the perfect way to start your day! Packed with lots of goodness.
It’s a pleasure partnering with Fisher Nuts to bring you a heart healthy new recipe today! Pancakes are one of my favorite recipes to develop so it I had so much fun creating this gorgeous stack you don’t have to feel guilty about.
You’ll find whole wheat flour, ground Fisher Walnuts and chunky dark cherries. This combination will have you smiling ear to ear!
I love using Fisher Nuts. I use Fisher nuts specifically because they are preservative free and I love the zip to close bags that keep the nuts fresh. You’ll take the Walnuts you need for the pancakes and place them into a food processor until they’re finely ground. If you like chunkier pieces in your pancakes, leave the pieces a bit larger.
Visit FisherNuts.com website for more recipe inspiration.
The great thing about this recipe is that you just add everything to your mixing bowl. Dry and wet ingredients. You’ll be pleased with the ease of prep work.
Once you’ve mixed the pancake batter then chop up some frozen cherries. I like to use frozen because they don’t color the entire batter red and they’re already pitted.
Top with additional Fisher Walnut Pieces and drizzle with pure maple syrup.
Enjoy some heart healthy pancakes!
Whole Wheat Cherry Walnut Buttermilk Pancakes
Prep time: X min | Cook time: X min | Total time: X hour X min
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Fisher Walnut Halves and Pieces, finely ground
- 1 tablespoon granulated
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup chopped frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup Fisher Walnut Halves and Pieces, to garnish tops
- Place medium sized non-stick skillet over medium heat
- Place flour, Fisher Walnuts, sugar, baking soda, salt, buttermilk and egg into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine then gently stir in chopped frozen cherries.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into hot skillet, swirling to make round. Cook until browned then flip to brown other side. Remove and stack onto plate. Continue finishing pancakes until batter is gone. Place onto serving plates and drizzle with pure maple syrup.
Makes 6-8 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Fisher Nuts. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fisher. The opinions and text are all mine.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.