Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancake Recipe
This Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancake Recipe is just what you need to get your mornings started right! Buttermilk pancake perfection!
There’s something special about making homemade pancakes for the family especially on the weekends! I’ve developed the perfect peanut butter and jelly buttermilk pancake recipe that really hits the spot. You can use whole wheat four like I’ve done today, or substitute with all purpose flour. Either way, you get a beautiful fluffy pancake recipe!
How To Make The Best Pancakes!
- To make the perfect pancakes, you wan to start with a nice non-stick skillet.
- Preheat your skillet for a couple minutes before adding your pancake batter.
- Plan on your first pancake to be just a tester pancake. This is to test the heat of your skillet and see how long the pancake will take to cook. I generally discard the first tester pancake. Make it small.
- A good rule of thumb when cooking your pancake, is when the pancake starts to bubble up on the fist side, it’s about ready to flip!
- Cook pancakes in skillet until golden brown and cooked through in the center.
How To Serve Pancakes
- If serving for guests, I enjoy stacking my pancakes on a cake plate.
- Serve pancakes with a nice side of fruit.
- Drizzle with a little pure maple syrup and enjoy!
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
Preheat large non stick skillet over medium heat.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in buttermilk, egg, vanilla, peanut butter and jam. Mix until well combined.
In batches, spoon pancake batter into skillet forming rounds. Cook until browned on each side, transfer to serving plates. Drizzle with pure maple syrup and serve warm.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.