Nov
2007

Chicken Enchilada Soup

Tags:

Dinner

Notice anything different? I was getting tired of the white blog, so I’m trying this one for a while!

This is a soup I put together a few years ago and make often. It is so tasty and takes a whole 30 minutes to make. Top with crushed tortilla chips, and this soup is sure to please the whole family! If there is a Trader Joes close by, I highly recommed the Flax Seed and Soy Tortilla Chips. They taste even better than normal tortilla chips and are packed with protein and fiber. Even my little ones eat em up! Enjoy.

Chicken Enchilada Soup

2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion finely chopped
2 14.5oz cans chicken broth
1 28oz can mild green enchilada Sauce
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp roasted garlic seasoning
1 4oz can diced green chilies
2 14oz cans diced tomatoes undrained
8oz sour cream
2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and cubed
1 Bag Tortilla Chips

Place oil in 5qt dutch oven over medium high heat. Place onions into hot oil and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add chicken broth, enchilada sauce, cumin, garlic seasoning, green chilies and tomatoes. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low then add sour cream, cheese, and chicken. Stir and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted through.
Top each soup bowl with a handful of crushed tortilla chips. Enjoy!

Comments

Emiline says:

Oooh, new background. I like it. I like the white one too, though.
    You and your soups! You should have a soup cookbook.

I know,
    Soup has been my main course the last few weeks! I think I’m almost over it.

MyR says:

I just made this soup and used leftover grilled chicken…YUM!!! I hope the family likes it too!

barefootgrandma says:

looks, delic. thanks for sharing

Suzette says:

I made this on Tuesday and it was delicious! I couldn’t stop eating it! Thank you for such a wonderful and easy receipe.

Jeanine says:

Thank you so much for sharing this fast and very delicious soup.
    It has become a new family favorite. :•)

Carrie Overman says:

I found this recipe on Pinterest and just made it! Obviously I was expecting it be good but it was SO SO FANTASTIC! Thanks!

cheri says:

I make this soup all the time. It is wonderful !!!!!! Very tasty soup!!!!!

[...] Recipe adapted from:  Picky Palate  [...]

[…] on some groceries, including a very necessary tasty local pumpkin ale. Then I came home, made some delicious soup (try it – it’s delicious), and enjoyed that same beer while watching some college […]