Apr
2009

Still Have Easter Ham To Use? Try This Panini!

Tags: , ,

Dinner

There are few things I enjoy more for lunch than a good panini, so when I saw my leftover Easter ham in the fridge I knew just what I’d make. The folks at Ile de France Cheese sent me some of their Brie cheese and it made the perfect grilled sammy today. Creamy and delicious, you all have got to try this sometime. Thank you Ile de France!

If this doesn’t float your boat use your leftover ham in scrambled eggs, rice, pasta, a nice chef salad, mac and cheese, scalloped potatoes, pizza, frittata and anything else I may have left out. Sky’s the limit! Let’s all eat ham!

Ham and Brie Panini with Spinach and Whole Grain Mustard

2-3 Tablespoons whole grain mustard
6 inch ciabatta loaf, cut in half
4-5 slices Ile de France Brie Cheese
slices of leftover Easter ham
Fresh baby spinach leaves

1. Preheat grill pan over medium heat. spread mustard on inside of bread then layer bottom bread with brie cheese, ham, spinach then more cheese. Close with top piece of bread. Brush both sides of ciabatta with extra virgin olive oil and place onto hot grill pan. Press down on sandwich with something heavy like a pan or spatula to melt sandwich together. Grill for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove and serve.

____________________________
Easter Festivities
My boys with their cousins having fun at Great Granna’s for their egg coloring and hunt in AZ

My little cutie pie coloring eggs, pre-stitches

Egg hunting in Newport

Brothers helping each other. Had to snap a picture, because it doesn’t happen often!

Ahh, the best part, let’s see what we got!

My little cutie right after he got his stitches.

My sis, me and Mom hanging together in AZ last week. These are the moments I miss most! These ladies are the best.
________________________
See you all soon with that cake I promised! Have a great week!

Comments

Dawn says:

that’s your Mom? wow she’s a hottie too!
    Don’t you just love brie in a grilled sandwich? Mmm

Sara says:

Yummy! This looks so delish. I need to get a panini grill.

Glad you had a fun Easter. I don’t eat ham but my hubs has some leftovers to use up. I will have to make him this panini!

Jaime and Jen DISH says:

Wowza, that looks great! I love EVERYTHING you put into that panini. Love your sisters LV Trunk back as well, whahoo!!

Jenifer

Coleen's Recipes says:

That sandwich looks scrumptious!!

Leslie says:

Yummy sandwich..adorable kids and I WANT WANT WANT your sisters Louis Vuitton!!Lucky girl!

Meghan says:

The sandwich looks great! Love all that spinach. Your boys are adorable as usual :) Your mom looks so young! I would have though it was 3 beautiful sisters had you not mentioned it!

Tiff Gatten says:

How old was your mom when she had you…6! You always make me wanna eat!

Aggie says:

mmm…that sandwich looks awesome! I just got some yummy cheese from them too, I may have to make a panini!!
    Love the family pics!

Katrina says:

We’re just about all “hammed” out here, but that sammy looks great. I really like the layers of spinach!

carol says:

Oooo..that Panini would have gone great with my Ham and Corn Chowder…oh well….that’s the plan for the next time I have leftover ham! That creamy Brie must have sent this over the top!
    Looks like you all had a great Easter…love the picture of you, your sister and your Mom. Hope the little guy’s chin is doing better! :)

Meg says:

Love all the pics. The paninis look fabulous. Brie and ham always pair so well.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend says:

Great pictures and looks so yummy…Just found your blog and love it…Please stop by and see me.

HoneyB says:

Jenny, your mom does not look old enough to be your mom!

The sandwich makes me wish I had cooked an Easter dinner myself! Looks delish!

Becca says:

Yum, the panini looks fabulous! Cute Easter pics! :)

Katherine Aucoin says:

What a great idea. I just packaged up the leftover ham last night and put it in the freezer. This will be wonderful for a sandwich night. The brie is just plain crazy good.

Bob says:

Mmmmm, panini. I’m probably going to get mocked, but I’ve never been a big brie fan. I don’t know why, it’s just never done it for me. Not that that would stop me from eating that sandwich, it looks fantastic. :)

Lauren says:

Your poor little boy and his stitches! At least he has a wonderful mommy to make him yummy treats!

That panini looks amazing.

Priscilla says:

Mm, this panini looks amazing. Wow, you and your Mom and sister are so pretty. I hope I look that good when I am 30 with kids!

Thank you also Jenny for the encouraging words about graduating, I am so glad to know life gets even better!

Anne says:

That panini looks delicious! I’m with you- leftover ham is one of my favorite parts of Easter dinner (much better than Turkey after Thanksgiving!) I’m glad you guys had a good Easter!

Libby says:

Your sweet Mama hasn’t changed a bit. She looks fabulous!! You girlies are so cute!!

Elyse says:

What fabulous Easter pictures!! This panini looks like a great way to use up that ham. Delicious!