Jun
2010

Giant S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Cookies

Happy Monday friends :)  Summer has “officially” started for us, this is the first official day off of school and we are spending it in sunny AZ with my family!  I must say despite the wicked heat, I am thrilled to be spending time in AZ :)

Before I left CA, I whipped up a batch of these awesome cookies!!  Remember those S’mores Stuffed Brownies from a few weeks ago?  Well, I had all the ingredients still hanging around my pantry so I thought I’d try my luck with a giant s’mores cookie.  So glad I did, this flavor combination just does NOT disappoint!  Don’t have a muffin top pan yet?  No worries, here is the exact one I use here on my Amazon Store :)

So, take a peek then grab the kiddos and bake some cookies :)  Hope you enjoy!!

Another muffin top pan recipe….have I mentioned that I LOVE this pan?!!

Giant S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks softened butter

1 Cup packed light brown sugar

3/4 Cup granulated sugar

2 large eggs

1 Tablespoon pure vanilla

4 Cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

1 1/2 Cups chocolate chips

3 regular size Hershey’s Chocolate Bars

3 Full Graham Crackers

5-6 Large Marshmallows cut into fourths

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Place butter and sugars into a stand or electric mixer; beat until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla until well combined.

2.  Place flour, salt and baking soda into a large bowl; mix then slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips.  Mix until just combined.  Scoop a heaping 1/4 Cup of cookie dough into muffin top pan cups.  Press down then gently press chocolate bar squares, graham cracker pieces and marshmallow slices on top of cookie dough.  Bake for 11-13 minutes or until edges are just turning brown.  Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.  Serve with milk and enjoy :)

**Note, this recipe may also be done without the muffin top pan.  Just flatten out your cookie dough slightly onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and press your s’mores toppings over the dough**  You can purchase those fun muffin top pans at TJ Maxx Home Goods if you are lucky, Sur La Table, Bed Bath and Beyond and of course you can google it as well!!

Makes 18 LARGE cookies from the muffin top pan

_______________________________________________

Happy Cookie Baking, these are sooo yummy :)  See you soon!

Comments

sibylle says:

they look marvellous! have a great weekend!
    we have finally summer here in Switzerland and are greatly enjoying it!!!!!
    sibylle

sibylle says:

sorry, I certainly meant: have a great WEEK!! weekend is over ;-)

Awesome cookies, I just love everything ou make on that pan too!

The s’mores combo is my FAVORITE!! Making these this weekend!!

Michele says:

These look amazing. What a perfect cookie for camping at the lake. I can’t wait to try these. Thanks for sharing!

Yum! I’ve been looking for a pan like that. Where did you get it?

Jenny Flake says:

HI Kathy,
      I found my muffin top pan at a TJ Maxx Home Goods in CA. I also found one at Sur La Table or you can google “muffin top pan” and will find lots of places to order one online :) You will absolutely love it!

• Salma says:

Amazon sells them as well! Just not sure which brand is the better one… but they have a variety of them.

Kim in MD says:

YUM! I have got to get one of those muffin top pans! :-)

WOW, what a delicious cookie! These look amazing, I need to get one of those giant muffin top pans!

Molly says:

Oh, girl, these look outrageous!!! I look for that muffin top pan EVERY TIME I’m in TJ Maxx…guess I’ll have to break down and order one online. Have fun in AZ! I’ve never been there, but I hear it’s great.

Oh, what awesome looking cookies!! I am gonna have to break down and buy a muffin top pan…it’s obviously a must have!!

Carey says:

I never tire of these recipes that you come up with…my family loves cookies and smores is a favorite dessert!

ificould says:

Sound and look delicious!!

joanne says:

These cookies are insane! I love that they have whole squares of chocolate infused into them.

These are so pretty! It goes without saying that they would be delicious of course! How could anything smores NOT be fantastic!

You have convinced me, I HAVE to get that pan!

I love the GIANT version! Yum!

Deborah says:

You always make me so very very very hungry!

I love s’mores anything, and these cookies look awesome! Great to use muffin top pans to make big cookies!

Wow. I don’t know if there are words to describe how much I would like one (or two!) of those right now. These S’more Chocolate Chip Cookies look incredibly YUM.

Sara says:

These look so good! I love that it’s a s’more and a cookie in one delicious treat.

marissa says:

soooo many delicious pictures of those cookies, CALLING my name, so I must go to the store TODAY to buy things I need to make them TONIGHT :)

carrian says:

sounds delicious and my 4 yr old would be so excited!!

Tracy says:

What a fun summer treat! Yum!

Wow, these look amazingly delicious!! And to think I have two muffin-top pans that I’ve never used. Shameful!

You’ve convinced me – ordering a muffin top pan *now*. Have a blast in AZ, Jenny!

Wendy says:

Those look delicious! I may have to take them camping with me this weekend.

Well, I guess I am going to have to track down that muffin top pan….where did you get yours? I was going to get one when you made the LA cookie but have to get it for sure now.

Jenny Flake says:

Hi Shannon,
      I found mine at TJ Maxx Home Goods, but you can also get them at Sur La Table or google them and Amazon has a bunch to choose from. Enjoy!!

Blond Duck says:

Those look amazing!

Oh my goodness…seriously?! These look amazing! I would love to snack on one (or 10) right now. Yum!

Okay i have to make these tonight! ;)

Seriously, enough procrastination. I think I need to make a 4th of July resolution to buy myself 2 muffin top pans.

By the way, we must think the same, because I just made a s’mores dessert last week and posted about it today on my blog. S’mores cake!! :)

OMG. Holy heck…..deliciousness!!! My kiddos would love these!

meghan says:

For the love of God woman!
    For. The. Love. Of. God!

Stephanie says:

I’ve made these same cookies before, but I also use a cup or two of graham cracker crumbs in the batter instead of the graham cracker pieces. That makes the graham cracker taste REALLY stand out – always a HUGE hit!

tanya says:

oh MY – now this is a recipe that makes me WANT to go to the gym every morning to be able to eat these without guilt! i’ll have to try these SOON ….

tanya

Love that you baked these in muffin top pans. I have never seen those before…..need to get some. So much sweet bliss tucked inside these cookies. Have a wonderful time in AZ with your family! xxoo

I just have to tell you that thanks to you, I am the proud owner of not one, but TWO Muffin Top pans and I LOVE THEM!! You have inspired me to bake again even though my kids are long gone…my grandchildren and I are baking up the best memories ever in the kitchen now! Anyway, I adore all of your recipes and am so thankful that you share! Have a great week…I have to go to them gym now and work off all of these delicious calories!
    ~Mary

Jenny Flake says:

So excited to found 2 muffin top pans Mary!! You will absolutely just love them for all sorts of fun recipes. I’ve got another awesome idea for them as soon as I get back to CA this weekend, so stay tuned!

I am thrilled you are inspired to start baking again and this time with your grandchildren! What memories you will make with them. Thank you for your comment, you have made me smile! Have a wonderful rest of your day. I am off to workout as well, lol!!

Margo says:

This recipe has just convinced me to buy a muffin top pan! They look scrumptious!

Beyond yum!! The photos are amazing. I am printing this one to make with my little one. Thanks

What fun cookies! These would be a big hit on our camping trips.

Tiffany says:

just ordered my muffin top pan!

Kim says:

Made these first thing this morning before it got too hot to heat up the oven. YUMMY! I think I will try it mixing in graham cracker crumbs like Stephanie mentioned. Thanks for the fun treat ideas.

Krista says:

These look wonderful! Hope you have a lovely trip.

Megan F. says:

I made these tonight for our new neighbors. I asked for her review and she said they were heaven. My husband can’t get enough of them either. This is definitely going to be a family favorite!

I didn’t have a muffin top pan, but shaping them on the silpat was a breeze!

Camille says:

I went and bought a muffin top pan and made these today. I love the pan and the cookies were delicious!! Thanks for sharing!!

LOVING your blog and these GREAT recipes! Thanks for sharing!!

How fun are these! You are so creative!

Hollie says:

These look AMAZING!!!! I am on the look out for a cheap muffin top pan!

Ramona says:

I made these for my family tonight and they were outrageous! Thanks so much for the recipe!

sippitysup says:

Love the muffin pan trick. Not only does it keep the stuff on the cookie, but the perfect shapes are so, well… perfect. GREG