Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Jul
2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Layered Krispie Treats

Tags: , , , ,

Desserts

How could I forget how good a nice big dish of rice crispy treats are?!  It had been a long time since I’ve made a big batch of this classic treat….glad I did!

Go grab the kiddos, these layered rice krispie treats are going to knock your flip flops off.  If you are a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup fan like we are in this house, then you will want to make these asap!  We made these while my sister and her family were visiting last week and we even caught ourselves sneaking a few bites for breakfast.

The kids will love helping with this one, it’s great for the whole family, hope you enjoy!!

My sweet friend Brooke posted about my Fluffernutter Cookies on Babble.com, check it out if you get a second :)

Nothing too off the wall right?  Let’s keep it simple this summer :)

Love those little snap crackle pop guys, always such happy little fella’s!

I kinda forgot how much I LOVE rice krispie treats, YUM!

double yum!

Break out the jar of peanut butter :)

Dangerous!

Wait until you try this over your rice krispie treats!

Yah, it’s incredible!

Ta-da!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Layered Krispie Treats

6 Cups rice krispie cereal

1 large bag mini marshmallows

1/4 Cup butter

2 Cups creamy peanut butter

50 mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, quartered

1 1/2 Cups melted chocolate to drizzle

1.  Place cereal into a large mixing bowl, set aside.  Place marshmallows and butter into a large bowl and microwave until puffed up, about 3 minutes.  Remove and pour into cereal, mix to combine then pour into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish and press to make even.  Melt peanut butter until nice and runny, about 45 seconds.  Pour in quartered peanut butter cups, stir gently then pour over treats.   Drizzle melted chocolate over top and refrigerate to harden.  When set, cut into squares and serve!!

16 squares

Comments

Holy yum! These look incredible. I have made your cookies ‘n cream krispie treats and they were delish.

These look great! PB and chocolate, you can’t go wrong!

CaSaundra says:

I adore peanut butter and chocolate, and Rice Krispies are one of my favorite childhood treats–so these are perfect!

Nicole-Lynn says:

YUM! Thank you!

Camille says:

Dang, my boys are allergic to peanut butter. Looks like the hubby and I get them all to ourselves! Wait, that’s a bad thing ;)

Oh my…..what a fabulous idea!!!

I always just love variations on Rice Krispie Treats…they are so easy and always well loved. Reeces Cup topping is a wonderful idea!!

Kim in MD says:

What a great idea! You are so creative! :-)

YUM! And I love the pictures with the snap, crackle and pop guys! Looks like they’re going to jump into the bowl of marshmallows!

alison says:

OMG yum! I think i might borrow this for my kid’s cooking class next month. I am doing healthy baking, but one unhealthy recipe so this might be it!

Love these! Your photos are fantastic too!

Beth says:

YUMMMMYYY! I am so making these! Thanks!!

Mary Kay says:

These look AMAZING! This morning I was just getting ready to make some rice crispy treats … Now I really think I need to go get some reese’s cups first! Gorgeous photography! (wonder how many weight watchers points this is :))

Tracy says:

What a fun treat! And of course I am loving the fact that you don’t have to turn on the oven. :-)

Chris says:

I actually make these with the peanut butter mixed right in with the marshmallow and the chocolate over the top…the peanut butter makes them even gooier!

Wow…these look sinful!

Angie says:

OH MY!! they look so good!!! I will have to make some of these!!!

Val says:

YUM!!! I will be making these soon.

Oh wow. Those look great. Can we be neighbors?

Kirstin says:

Ooey Gooey peanut butter and chocolate goodness!

Amanda :) says:

Those look out of this world delicious!!! :)

charlene says:

OH MY! Peanut Butter is one of my greatest weaknesses – I have to have these NOW! Thanks for another great recipe! Have a great week.

Found these to be so amazing that I already made a batch today! UNBELIEVABLE! I’m such a sucker for rice krispy treats and anything that includes chocolate and peanut butter!

Wow! These look absolutely amazing. I LOVE rice krispie treats, but you’ve taken them to a whole other level.

Carrie says:

Your recipes kill me, another added to my must-try list.

If plain rct are already good, imagine these ones!!!!

Stephanie says:

Oh my gosh I think I just wet myself. I am salivating. I need to go get some reeses ASAP Thanks for the recipe and the WAY too appetizing pictures. seriously.

megan says:

yum, these look so good! I love the way you dress up ordinary things! :)

Kristina says:

YUMM! Theses look delicious! Check out my blog – you got an award! :) Blessings!

Kim Adams says:

These were INCREDIBLE!!! Especially for breakfast…thanks cutie pie!!

Chef Dennis says:

now that is one serious rice krispy treat!!! I love the peanut butter chocolate topping!!! my girls would love these!!!

MGF says:

Makes me so hungry and I just finished lunch.

Bree says:

Oh yum…I am a new fan of yours!!! I look for new posts all the time!! Thanks fot the visuals!!

love those mini Reese’s yes they are DANGEROUS! These look so yummy :)

Margo says:

Oh these are some family favorites you’ve got in this recipe! How do you dream these things up? I’ll bet you are the ‘cool mom’ in the neighborhood since you serve up such yumminess.
    Just have to say that I love the way you took the pic of the marshmallows so it looked as if the Rice Krispie characters were enthusiastically looking at your bowl of white pillowy goodness. Nice touch – it made me smile. :)

Tammy says:

These look delicious, I will definitely be trying them. I have to add that I absolutely love your blog – the way you tell your baking stories in pictures (with amazing photography) is just awesome. Kudos to you! (ooh, maybe you can make something using Kudos!)

Sugar!
    Tammy

My little boy just looked over my shoulder and asked if I could make these for him. These are on my list.

Sharlene says:

I adore rice krispie treats! I’m sure the addition of peanut butter cups puts them over the top. Wonderful idea.

Bonnie says:

Oh my goodness! This looks utterly fantastic! I am definately going to make this. I love Reese’s peanutbutter cups! My kids and hubby will gobble these up for sure! I am new to your blog…I found you by way of Summer Harm’s blog. I clicked on her new post for Smithfield and found you there as well. I am so happy I found your blog, and congrats on the Smithfield posting as well!

Great to have you Bonnie! I am excited to meet the other Smithfield bloggers, LOVE Summer’s picture she posted, so cute!!

Thanks for stopping in :)

Gabby says:

These are making me drool! Just shared then on FB and ready to do the same on Twitter. YUM!! I am also on batch #3 of the ice cream cookies. Wow! What a fun site :)

Christina says:

Ummm, Yummm!!
    Okay I am gonna need to make these, my picky eaters will be pick-ing these apart and devouring them. Thanks for the post, drooling….

kAYCE says:

I made these for a bbq with friends and the ENTIRE pan was gone. Seriously- I didn’t think rice krispy treats could get much better but these are AMAZING!! Love your blog! I made the Ice Cream Sundae cake last BBQ that was so good too! Thanks for making me look like a pro! :)

Fuji Mama says:

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!! I can’t even find words…I’m in love…you are a GENIUS! :)

Bonnie says:

Ok..I just put these in the fridge! It was super easy. I made them to take to my friends picnic this evening. Don’t worry, they won’t melt in this 95 degree weather…all food will be inside! Did I mention that I took a rubber spatula and scraped the remaining peanut butter/meltedey Reese’s cup mixture and licked the spatula clean! Can’t help it…my two favorite things..peanut butter and Reese’s cups! Great recipe!

carrian says:

That looks delicious!! As soon as this new baby of mine is not so darn sensitive to chocolate I’ll for sure give this a whirl!

Christina says:

Hi Jenny, You ispired me and made me hungry so I had to try to make these. I posted the results on my blog, Of course I put my own spin on it and I gave you credit for having the original recipe. I gave my family review at the bottom of the Pics. They were good, but sinful. Check them out here: http://creativetizzy.blogspot.com/2010/07/reeses-peanut-butter-cup-rice-krispie.html

Aimee says:

I just threw my diet out the window! I couldn’t resist – I had to share this with my readers, so I featured you here. YUM!

Natasha says:

Oh. My. Lanta. These were to die for! Haha being a teenager, i have a pretty fast metabolism; however, I’m also an only child and knew if i didn’t give these away to neighbors i would devour them all:) The family I gave them to fell in love the minute they saw them. I’m a definate chocoholic, so i used cocoa krispies:) Thanks so much for the recipe!

Pamela says:

Yummy! I made these, and they went quickly at their destination. I just blogged about them tonight! Thanks for the recipe. :)