Jan
2011

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tags: , , , , ,

Cookies

Finished photos updated Jan 15, 2013 by Jenny Flake

Welcome to the ORIGINAL Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe! You’ll find my recipe that was taken all over the web, but please note, this is my original recipe :) Thanks!!

I know it’s the New Year and most of us are watching what we eat, but do take a peek at this cookie my mom and I whipped up last week during my stay in AZ! We had so much fun in her kitchen cracking up at the size of these giant cookies. Not only do they look to die for but I must say they were one of the tastiest darn cookies I’ve ever eaten!

Remember these next time you need a fun new cookie to bring somewhere, they’ll be a huge hit! Enjoy!

Break out the Double Stuff Baby!!

Cream your butter and sugars :)

It was fun using an actual electric mixer at my moms. She’s an old fashion gal :)

Time for some eggs.

…and the dry ingredients.

Add your chocolate chips and now we are ready!

First things first, take a cookie scoopful of dough and place it on top of your Oreo Cookie

Now, do the same thing to the bottom side.

Can you just imagine how crazy good these are?!

Seal the baby up and place onto a cookie sheet. Thanks Mom for being a great hand model for our post! xoxo

There they are, and yes they are the size of small heads!

Time to bake :)

They’ll look a little something like this when they are done. Let cool then EAT! I used the Double Stuff variety and it was a great idea, LOVE the extra white cream center that melts ever so slightly :)

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies 4Ingredients

• 2 sticks softened butter
  • 3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 Cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
  • 3 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 10 oz bag chocolate chips
  • 1 bag Oreo Cookies, I used the double stuff :)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
  2. In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined. Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie. Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo Cookie. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo Cookie is enclosed with dough. Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve with a tall glass of milk, enjoy!

Makes about 2 dozen VERY LARGE Cookies :)

Comments

Sanjeeta kk says:

I love these cute cookies, innovative and very tempting. kids will love to gorge upon them, mom too :)

beth says:

Yum Yum – the kids would go crazy for these

Eek! Two cookies in one?! Heavenly!

Oh my gosh… these are the coolest things ever!

Molly Carter says:

The Queen of Cookies does it again! These look so sinful. You don’t make it easy to stick to the resolutions, Jenny! :) I’m sure I’ll find an excuse to make these soon.

oh my oh my…this couldn’t be any better! you always make the best things with oreos :)

These remind me of Bakerella’s brownie-stuffed cookie. They look amazing!!!

These look truly amazing!!! So creative!!

Niki says:

I’m at the point, after making the brownie covered oreos, that I will cover an oreo w/ any sort of batter or dough now and be happy. Love me some anything-covered-oreos!!! haha

Rachelle says:

Forget a glass of milk, grab the whole gallon! =)

Those look incredible. You don’t want people to be fit, do you? :D

Glad I don’t believe in diets:) I will just have to workout a little harder after I eat a dozen of these:)

oh my gosh. I’m so hungry right now and I could eat these for breakfast! They look incredible!!

B Smith says:

I made the brownie covered oreos and they were ridiculous!!!!! Oh my! I can’t even imagine how wonderful these are gonna be!

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jenny F., Raymour and Flanigan and Sandy Arevalo. Sandy Arevalo said: @PickyPalate Putting an Oreo in a Choc Chip cookie? Maddness! Delicious Madness! http://su.pr/4YZbHE [...]

Linda F. says:

These look great but I might try using the mini oreos for a slightly smaller treat.

Oh my goodness, those most be some mammoth cookies! I love it!!

I. Want. These. Now.
    Absolutely another fabulous creation by you!
    I made your Oreo Wrapped Brownies a few weeks ago and they were scrumptious.
    Now I can’t wait to make these!

kelly says:

totally making these for my son’s swim team…they will love them!

Erin says:

This looks so good!! What a great idea!

Kim in MD says:

Oh my gosh…these look amazing! How do you come up with these incredible creations? :-)

I have two questions…were they so big that you couldn’t finish a cookie? How do you feel about making them smaller with mini oreos?

Also- do you think these would freeze well after baking? I love to bake cookies and freeze them so I always have a fresh cookie when I want one! Thanks so much!

Oh No.. now these babies look sinful. I made your oreo brownies over the holidays and everyone loved them! These I might just have to make for myself, cause they look too darn good to be sharing. ;)

Valerie says:

Awesome Idea, They look amazing!

OH.MY.GOODNESS. How could it NOT be absolutely wonderful? I do think the next level might be battering them and deepfrying? I say that in jest, but I wonder who might actually try that? :)

Glen Westbroek says:

I helped a group of scouts cook up some batter covered bacon-wrapped deep fried oreos. The boys took 1st place for dessert in the competition. (Judged by a husband/wife team who were both over 65 yrs old.) TASTY!

Katie says:

You are brilliant! These look awesome!

Lauren B. says:

Umm…..WOW. I have no words. Those look incredible.

Reneé says:

I think I’m going to try this with the box of TJ’s Candy Cane Joe Joe’s and a chocolate cookie dough… Hmm!

Holly says:

Okay, can you please stop posting delicious looking desserts while I’m on a diet? Thanks, much appreciated!

Ha, I’ll have to add this to the list of desserts to try after I add sweets back into my diet. I’ll have to be careful to use moderation and not bake everything at once so I don’t lose any progress I make!

Thanks for all of your hard work, I love your site!

jules p says:

Holy Moly! I think I gain 10 (plus) pounds each time I read your blog. ;);) But I love this recipe. I can’t wait to make this one too!!!

My husband would seriously fall in love with me all over again if I made these for him. Wow. I better save this recipe for the next time we have a fight. :-)

holly says:

I LOVE your blog for this very reason!!!

Kellie says:

After all, diet is DIE with a T!

Heather says:

Oh my goodness, these look amazing and may surpass my addiction with your Salted Caramel LA Cookie! I know what I am getting at the store this afternoon!

Lew says:

I love what you said at the end, Happy Baking and Exercising. How funny. I was just thinking I would love to eat these but I am not sure how good they would be with my workout and losing 58LBS!!! (http://ashandlewplus2.com/2011/01/01/280-days-to-a-new-me-lew-that-is/)

Have a great night

Tannis says:

I made these today. Couldn’t wait, stopped at the store and picked up some Oreos. Yummy! They are soooo wrong…the amount of sugar, the hugeness of the cookie that they are sooo right. :)

Oh my, these couldn’t be anything less than fan-freekin-tastic! What a recipe!

Susan says:

Yum and love these. I made some a couple of weeks ago with MINI oreos and made my cookie dough with MINI chips. These are delicious!

Jenny these giant cookies look like an amazing treat! I bet your boys love them :) Miss you girl. xo

Rachel says:

These look so yummy! I just bought some oreos for another recipe and will have lots leftover, so I will be trying these soon.

I’m just starting my blog, and was wondering if you had any advice to someone who is just starting out.

Thank you!

Jacks says:

OH MY WORD. I made these last night and they are DELICIOUS! I didn’t have any chocolate chips open, so I used some M & M’s I had leftover from the Butterscotch Cookie recipe from last week. SO YUMMY! Thank you! I managed to only eat one last night, but I must confess that I had another for breakfast! :)

Michelle says:

My gosh, is there anything you can’t do with an oreo? Looks awesome!

Holy moley, you are so good at stuffing one dessert inside another, I hardly know what to do with myself. I got a silpat and a cookie dough scoop for Christmas so I must try these!

Deborah says:

Oh my goodness – I love how big these cookies are! My husband’s favorite cookies are Oreos – I should surprise him with a batch of these!

Eve says:

I am making these today!! I thought the brownie ones looked awesome, but a little hard to make maybe, but these look super easy! My daughters will love helping too!

Jen says:

You are a bad bad lady – these look SOOO yummy! I will be trying them tomorrow if I can wait that long…YUMMM! So glad I am not doing a diet in 2011 – THANKS for a wonderful recipe!

Angela says:

I just made these and my cookie dough “spread” out around the oreo so I have a tall section around the oreo and a big ring of chocolate chip cookie around it……any ideas as to why that happened? They are delicious anyway but not as pretty as yours!

Rebecca W says:

That’s what happened with mine too. I wonder if they would spread less if the dough was chilled.

• Kayla says:

Well, I don’t want to sound technical, but the dough spreads a lot if you use eggs and butter right out of the fridge. They must be at room temp., or else the batter will be un-even and they’ll spread in the oven. If I forget to let my butter go to room temp., I put it in the microwave on defrost mode for 1 minute at a time till soft, if I forget to let the eggs warm up outside the fridge, I take them out right as I start to make the dough, and when it’s time to put them in, I first warm them up in my hands as much as I can! Hope this helps :)

beatrix says:

Oh my goodness…these look awesome…I could see the kids devouring them instantly… you could even do them with fudgy-os.

Mads says:

hahaha I love that they are the size of small heads. Three cookies in one! intense.

I just saw a recipe on Tasty Kitchen for cheesecake oreo cookies. I guess it’s time for me to bust out my oreos.

These look unbelievably irresistible! Seriously can’t wait to make them…they have bumped everything else on my “must-make” list down! This is my next new recipe, for sure! Thanks!

These look better than birthday cake!