Apr
2011

Itty Bitty Cinnamon Roll Bites

Tags: , , , , , ,

Desserts

Who says cinnamon rolls have to take all day to make?  You will be in and out of the kitchen in about 30 minutes with my Itty Bitty Bites.  I’ve used Pillsbury’s “Simply” biscuits to create these adorable bite size cinnamon rolls.

No kidding, I made these for an afternoon snack for the kids and their friends last week and by the end of the night all 60 bites were gone.  They are a fun snack and sweet dessert for any party.

Be sure to check out my Pesto Chicken Thighs with Italian Cream over Parmesan Couscous that I developed for Kraft Philadelphia!

Take a peek at how easy these are…..and enjoy!!

Line-up:  Left- brown sugar, butter, biscuits, cinnamon, powdered sugar and heavy cream.

Here are those biscuits and new line by Pillsbury I love.  No trans fats, no high fructose corn syrup, no artifical flavors or colors.  Yes!

So, you’ll press out the biscuits with your hands to about 3 inches wide, then spread with butter.

Sprinkle with brown sugar.

Sprinkle with cinnamon.  I LOVE this Roasted Saigon Cinnamon from McCormick Gourmet.

Starting at the bottom, roll up each biscuit.

All rolled up!

Slice 1/2 inch pieces, about 6 per biscuit and bake for 16 to 20 minutes.

They’ll look like this :)

Time for the drizzle!

Seriously!

I love these little rolls.

Cutest darned things ever….and they are mighty tasty too.  Enjoy!!

Itty Bitty Cinnamon Roll Bites

One can Pillsbury “Simply” refrigerated biscuits, 10 count

5 tablespoons softened butter

1/4 cup packed light brown sugar

2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet Roasted Saigon Cinnamon

1 cup powdered sugar

5 to 6 tablespoons heavy cream

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.

2. Unroll biscuits onto a clean countertop and press out with fingers to about 3 inches wide. Spread each biscuit with 1/2 tablespoon of butter then top evenly with brown sugar and cinnamon. Starting at the bottom of each round, roll up jelly roll fashion with seam side down on countertop. Use a sharp knife and cut 1/2 inch slices and place onto prepared baking sheet. I cut 6 slices per biscuit making 60 small cinnamon rolls. Bake for 16 to 20 minutes, until light brown and cooked through. Remove from oven.

3. Place powdered sugar and heavy cream into a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle glaze over hot rolls. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Best served warm with a tall glass of milk!

Makes 60 itty bitty bites

_______________________________

*Disclaimer: I am part of the McCormick Real Gourmet Blogger Program and am being
compensated however the thoughts and recipe are my very own.

Have a great new week, come back soon!!

Comments

Chelsea says:

these look amazing! i love anything cinnamon!

Jenny they look awesome!

And I think that mini anything just makes the food that much better :) Mini donut, mini pickles, mini chocolate chips, mini cinny rolls…oh yes please!

Sanjeeta kk says:

What a lovely treat! Quick and gorgeous looking cinnamon rolls.

Why does everything look so much more appealing in mini (well actually I kind of love jumbo versions too…)? I think I just love the thought that I could eat a few of these!

Awesome idea! They look delicious and I know my kids would love helping to make them.

Chris says:

Cute, clever, and look delicious! The smaller size means they take longer to prepare than normal size, but well worth it I’m sure.

Yum these look good! Can you come over and make them as an afternoon snack LOL? I’ll probably eat all 60. On my own.

Darling! I’d eat them all myself though ;)

Cute! I love how tiny they are!

Jessica says:

So cute! And perfect for kids too! Great idea :-)

Sara says:

I definitely just bookmarked this page…so cute and easy!

Love these, Jenny! I too have been using the Simply line a lot. It tastes great, and it’s so easy. Great post!

Jenny – I just love reading your recipes! Always such a creative spin…and your format is similar so easy to follow (test kitchen format). Keep them coming!!

Beth says:

These are too cute! thanks for sharing such a creative use of everyday products!

Does this mean I can eat like 20 of them without feeling guilty!?;)

Karly says:

You always make the CUTEST food.

Meghan says:

Cinnamon rolls are my favorite thing to eat! I cant wait to try these!

How perfectly yummy. What a wonderful idea.

Kakie says:

Could I prepare these the day before (up until the baking point), leave them in the fridge overnight, and bake the next day? I think these would be great for Easter brunch!

Hi Kakie,
      I have not done these ahead of time, so I can’t say for sure. I would think they’d be fine, but I am not 100%.

This is such a fun idea! And looks super easy too, the best of all worlds :) Thanks for sharing!

oh jenny love these! i just posted some cinnamon rolls (kicked up of course). next time i will try making them into bite size so we can eat more LOL

I just love “itty bitty” foods! So cute! And these are perfect for me because I can never finish a whole cinnamon roll.

Thse are so adorable, and so easy–perfect! I’m visiting the family this weekend, might have to make these as a breakfast treat for everyone.

Brooke says:

Well you clever little cat, you. Just when I think all the good ideas have been conjured, you come up with yet another. Yumma!

Amanda says:

These just made my menu plan for this weekend! Yum! I love your step by step pictures :)

Christa says:

So delicious! I love that they are mini too :)
    -mini baker

Great recipe. Thanks for sharing the new line from Pillsbury-I avoid canned biscuits just because of all the junk in them. I think a touch of grated orange zest in the filling and a hint of orange in the drizzle would also be dreamy.

I love that you have a Bosch! I have one too and I use it all the time. Great recipe.

Too cute! Any thing ‘mini’ is always fun!

marla says:

Jenny, these look fab?? Is it OK to eat 20 at one time?? xo

Katrina says:

These are adorable! I am a cinnamon bun freak, and can’t wait to dig into these!

Kim L says:

Oh wow these look so yum! I have a deathly fear of trying any recipe that calls for using yeast, but have been aching to make cinnamon rolls – these are perfect!

Erin A says:

That is so clever! I always have cans of biscuits on hand and am looking for ways to use them

Christina says:

I’ve really wanted to try the new simply line from Pillsbury. Glad to see that you’ve enjoyed them. Love that you turned them into cinnamon rolls!

Tracy says:

These are so cute! I love cinnamon rolls in any form and these look delicious!

LOVE!!! How perfect for easter morning for the kiddos and love how you have them displayed. Thanks for sharing!!

What a cute little treat. I like your presentation in the parchment-lined crocks.

Sherry says:

I love that the biscuits don’t have all that bad extra stuff! I will certainly be using them a lot more now. That flavor of cinnamon sounds very interesting too! This recipe is awesom. And I think I could finish off about 60 as well…

Bee says:

These are so very very cute! And look tasty! But I’m not sure I’d know what to do with so so many tiny rolls!

Yum! I just bought a 4 pack of biscuits, so I can’t wait to make these!

I love a mini!!!

megmacdesigns.blogspot.com

Meghin C. says:

I made these this morning for breakfast, these were amazing!!!!! Can’t wait to fix them again !

Kayla says:

They look diving…can’t wait to try them!

[...] Saturday: breakfast = Itty Bitty Cinnamon Roll Bites [...]

Natalie says:

Just made them! Added a splash of vanilla to my icing! I think I will try them with orange juice for my next batch :) YUM!

brandy says:

WOW! These look so good! I may need to try them! :D

tammy says:

Can’t wait to try these. They look DELISH!

Jill Knapp says:

These are so cute and look so yummy!! After losing 100 pounds I have to be really careful about what I let come in my home to eat but I do make treats now and then and I am going to make these!! YUM!

Rachel Rose says:

Wow these look so great! Thanks for the recipe and cute photos!