Jun
2011

Gooey White Chocolate Fluffernutter Cake Bars

Tags: , , ,

Desserts

Ahhh, summer is officially here which means more fun time to cook with the kids.  My Gooey cake bars are so simple (not to mention ridiculously delish) and the kids absolutely love to get their hands dirty to help with this one.

My favorite part about these bars is the gooey fluffernutter topping, its almost caramel like consistency which makes for a perfect gooey treat.  They travel well so they’re perfect for bake sales, family picnics and parties.

Whatcha waiting for, get baking!  PS, if you can even believe it my kids are still in school!  …no pics of them helping me until after this week, lol!

Line up: Yellow cake mix, egg, butter, marshmallow creme, peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate chips.

Add your cake mix to a large bowl.

Add a pretty little egg.

…and a softened stick of butter.

Mix, mix and mix.  You can do this with your stand mixer or use your hands to get a dough like this.

Press into a 9×13 inch baking pan.  I like lining with foil so after it cools, I can pull the whole sheet out and cut into perfect little squares.  Do you like my Sally Hansen sticker nails?!  Lol.  I like them but do not like that they only last about 4 days :)  Cute though!

Press evenly throughout.

Time for the gooey fluffernutter topping.  Place your peanut butter, marshmallow creme and sweetened condensed milk into a large bowl, mixing to combine.  This is what turns caramel-like once baked.  Mmmmm!

Pour it over your pressed crust.  Definitely lick the spoon, it’s worth it :)

Pour  a nice bag of white chocolate chips over top and bake 350 degrees F. for 23-25 minutes.  Let cool completely and….

What you’ll find are these gooey bars of deliciousness!  Perfect for any occasion, Enjoy friends!

Gooey White Chocolate Fluffernutter Cake Bars

1 box Yellow Cake Mix

1 large egg

8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

1/2 cup marshmallow creme

14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk

12 ounce bag white chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9×13 inch baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray.

1. Place cake mix, egg, and butter into a large bowl. Mix until well combined, will be the consistency of thick cookie dough. I used my hands towards the ends. Press dough into prepared baking pan.

2. Place peanut butter, marshmallow creme and condensed milk into a large bowl and mix until well combined. Pour over crust then top with white chips. Bake for 23-25 minutes, until cooked through. Center will seem somewhat jiggly, but will set up while cools.

3. Let cool completely, cut into squares and serve.

Makes 12 bars

______________________________

Have a great rest of your week and weekend!  Come back soon :)

Comments

Kathryn says:

Oh my goodness, this lookd like a proper sugar overload! Love it!

Be still my beating heart. Such a simple dessert – I’m so saving this for when I need an emergency picnic dish!

Jenny..AMAZING!!! I love your desserts. Your creations are always brilliant!! You take common ingredients/items but prepare them in SUCH an ultra delicious way…seriously, the way your brain works is a beautiful thing :)

And marshmallows, PB, powdered sugar, white choc chips….are some of my FAVE things to bake with.

Love the pics and this recipe!!!

These look crazy good and I love your nail polish:-)

Mmm, you sure know how to jazz up a cake mix, Jenny! These look great.

School is still in session here in NY, too. I think this is their last week, though. Poor kids!

Bar is raised high with your gooey bars….i want some! NOW

LOVE your fancy nail polish! the sparkles are so cute…not to mention this cake bars sound insane!

Kayola says:

OHHHHH MY STARS!!!! I have to make these…THANK YOU!!!!!

Melanie says:

I’ve heard so much about this mystical thing called “fluffernutter.” I can’t wait to try this!! Sounds like a great combination!

Hi Jenny! love the bars and the sparkle nails! Let’s get together soon, I miss you :)

EHochstein says:

This is exactly what I need for our daughter’s preschool graduation picnic. My daughter is allergic to chocolate. I was looking for a recipe using white chocolate which she loves. Thanks….it looks delicious!

EHochstein says:

The peanut butter looks gooey already? Is it the brand/type or did you heat it up somewhat to get to that consistency? Thank you! I’m going to give these a trial run today :)

Sarah says:

When I was younger, I would ONLY eat fluffernutter sandwiches for lunch… I love packing them to bring to work from time to time. These are adorable and will definitely be making their way into my baked-good-repitoire

Yum! Here is my “When I was younger” story :)

My Dad is a huge fluffernutter fan. When I was a little boy he used to make them as a special dessert treat in the summer. He hasn’t made them in years. Maybe I’ll make them and surprise him.

This looks incredible!! I can’t wait to try this :)

Erin says:

These look superb! I haven’t made anything fluffernutter-ish yet. Gotta start somewhere! P.S. I love your nailpolish.

Heather I. says:

Your creativity will never cease to amaze me! Fluffernutter sammies are one of my favs, I can’t wait to make this cake mix version!

What a fun easy dessert! You do such yummy things with those cake mixes!

Mmm, those look delicious. I love the fluffernutter layer. Awesome!

My roommates and I used to make fluffernutter sandwiches in college all the time…they would love this! Can’t wait to make them!

Okay there’s definitely no calories in this dessert! :)

First off, I love your sparkly nail polish!
    And I want a pan of these bars right now to get rid of my aching sweet tooth!

Clare says:

LOVE love love your nails and that cake! SUCH a bummer that your kids are still in school – what’s up with that? I got out almost two weeks ago!

Tara Lynn says:

This recipe looks AMAZING! And it looks like I need to try it…soon.

Rose says:

YUMMY !!!!!
    love your nail polish :)

Alright, this look so darn delicious! I’m all about gooey marshmallow peanut butter mixture. Might have to take this one camping next week for all the little ones running around :)

Monica says:

This one got my heart racing, it has all the things I love: cake, marshmallows, peanut butter, white chocolate…!!!

Amanda says:

Girl, your talent simply amazes me!! These look absolutely incredible. And I love your cute sparkly nails! :) xoxo

ellen says:

The name alone sounds scrumptious! I gots to try this!

Love these! So yummy! Love your cute, sparkly nails too :)

Stacy says:

Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong on so many levels. Yet they taste so right. *thanks* for making it so necessary to hit the gym a little bit harder today! :) Yummy!!

Becky says:

Look amazing! Except that my son is deathly allergic to peanuts!! I’m still going to try them but using peanut-free almond butter. Any suggestions to make that successful? This will be my first recipe trying to substitute almond butter.

Kristin says:

Oh yum! these remind me of Paula Dean’s gooey butter cakes. Love the fluffernutter combo, great idea! I’ve tried the sally hansen nail strips too, I really like them I bought leopard print. Mine lasted over a week though.

Oh. My. Goodness. I am SOOO trying those!

These look simply divine. Thanks for sharing all your yummy recipes!

Yum! I’m adding white chips and marshmellow creme to my grocery list.

I love bar treats and these look great!

Donna says:

Small can of Sweet Cond. Milk? Actual ounce Size?- there were 3 different sizes on the grocery shelf.

Melanie says:

Made these last night with my daughter and my oh my they are amazing!!!!!! Love your recipes

Love your fun nail polish!

Ahhhhh, white chocolate during the summer. So awesome! It’s nice to have some light flavors that don’t weigh you down.AND there’s peanut butter, so I’m officially won over.

By the way, your nails are so cute.

Just got back from walmart, picked up the things i need. I’m resisting the urge to make these RIGHT NOW. LOL. I’m going to make them for a family reunion tomorrow. I know if i make them now, I’ll probably eat them all. LOL. Thank you! My mom and I are totally addicted to your blog! You have been our “go to gal” for great new recipes that are sure to wow a crowd!

Tamara

Tracy says:

These are so fun! Also, your sparkly nails are the cutest. ;-)

Kayla says:

The recipe calls for unsalted, but I think the butter shown is salted? Yes, no? Will it change the consistency or just taste?

Melissa says:

My daughter loves fluffernutter sandwiches…I just made these for a pool party she is hosting this weekend. They are very yummy!!

HEAVENLY! You have outdone yourself.

danielle says:

Yum! I cant wait to try this. I wanted to let you know that I featured this recipe in my “What I Bookmarked This Week” post today – stop by and see.

Lot-O-Choc says:

These look so amazingly good! Would love to try one!

I’ll bet your kids loved these – really, what kid wouldn’t?