Mar
2012

Favorite Simple Dinner Casseroles!

Dinner

I thought it would be fun today to do a round up of some of my favorite simple casserole style dinners that get rave reviews from Picky Palate readers and my own family :)  This should help with dinner ideas for ya!!  Hope you enjoy my Picky Palate favorites!!

Chicken Florentine Bowtie Pasta

Chicken and Black Bean Green Enchilada Rice Bake

BBQ Chicken Cheddar Mac

Southwest Chicken Chili Mac

Poppin’ Garlic Ranch Biscuit Topped Chicken Pot Pie

The “I Don’t Feel Like Making Dinner” Dinner

Layered Mexican Chicken Rice Bake

Homemade Shepherd’s Pie

Cheesy Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole

Have a great day!  Come back soon :)

Comments

So many great choices..love the wheel-shaped pasta and the wild rice one at the end…they all look like dinnertime options to me!

I do believe that BBQ chicken cheddar mac is calling my name! YUM! Thanks for the reminder there are not enough casseroles in my life!

Round ups are one of my favorite things to see other foodies blog. It’s so nice to have a great post like this that people can book mark in case of a dinner emergency! :) Your casseroles look just beautiful! Thanks for all the inspiration, Jenny!
    xoxo

I definitely need to try the “I don’t feel like making dinner” dinner…because that is me. Pretty much every night.

This is so great…I’m always looking for new casserole ideas and ones that will give me tons of leftovers are a huge bonus! :)

Mmmm it sure is casserole weather here! Thanks for the inspiration :)

That chicken + rice one looks amazing–thanks for the ideas!

This is a great post to bookmark for those chilly, cozy SoCal nights (and busy mom sport’s nights too!)

Cassie says:

Awesome roundup. I’m pretty sure I would love all of these!

Amberly says:

I’m always looking for a good casserole! thanks for the ideas!

Thanks for all the great ideas, Jenny!

Bev Weidner says:

Seriously, I could rotate those dishes for the rest of my life and never even bat an eye.

Emily says:

Jenny, I am so thankful for this post, I’m going to add two of these recipes to next week’s meal plan. I love making your recipes “skinny” and weight watcher friendly! I was just thinking of how much I dreaded meal planning, but now with two out of 6 meals planned already, I’m thinking it will be easy next week!! Thanks again!

Great and yummy dinner casseroles! Can’t wait to meet you tomorrow, Jenny :)

Rebecca says:

Turkey burgers, roasted mixed veggies and salad…and maybe Ree’s cookies!

Erin says:

Mmm that biscuit topped pot pie was the very first thing I made from your blog, I think. So good too!

Lea says:

Posted on Thanks, everyone!Dizzy: Whedon or no Whedon, I’d love to see a Wonder Woman movie at some point.Kristina: YES, Birds of Prey. That would be aiznmag. Also: She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Manhunter. I think some of the X-Ladies could carry their own flicks. And Black Widow could have had an awesome stand-alone thing if they hadn’t made her part of Iron Man 2.Caroline: I was also hoping Number One would pop up! Or Saavik. I also enjoy movie-Pepper I suppose it’s not so much that movie-Pepper needs to be an asskicker, it’s that there needs to be some female equivalent of the Iron Man movie with an actress as wonderful and well-cast as RDJ (though I certainly would not object to ARMOR ). And Famke should definitely play another supe at some point.Matt: I’m with Kristina on this one. I have NEVER cared about Thor. The only way I will be excited for that movie is if they cast Journeyman.

Jonessa says:

Do you think any of these would freeze well for make ahead meals? I’m so busy during the week and travel far for work. I’m always looking for something to freeze ahead so that my family can always have a home cooked meal.

Colleen says:

Good food is a joy of living!!

AlisonB says:

Love these… thanks!!!

veronica says:

Wow! now the only question is which of these am I going to make for dinner – they all look SO GOOD! Thanks for sharing!

I am a casserole freak and this doesn’t help! OK, it does help. Can’t wait to try all of them. Thank you!

The Mexican casseroles look excellent! Thanks!

These all look fabulous, and perfect for busy weeknights! Thanks for sharing, I love the blog :)

So glad to have found your blog just in time for your ‘favorites’ post! Can’t wait to try the Chicken Black Bean and Enchilada Bake :)

Celina says:

I need to make all of these! And soon!

Murphey says:

I’ve been following you for a while now, and I LOVE your site! I’m a flight attendant so these casseroles are great to take with me on trips. I love how you have such creative, simple ideas that are still basically homemade. Your dessert sections my favorite :) however, the only thing I wish you had was maybe a ‘healthy’ section or maybe suggestions for healthy swaps for some of your recipes! You can only eat BBQ chicken cheddar mac before you start getting a little gooey yourself! hahaha keep doin’ what your doin’, youre fantastic!

Rikki says:

I have been looking for wagon wheel pasta everywhere..that Southwest Chicken Chili Mac looks incredible! Well actually…these all do! I’m a casserole lover for sure!

Hi, I came to your blog from “Love From The Oven” specifically her post on her favourite bloggers. Fantastic and delicious blog and amazing photos. I’m looking forward to getting to know you and your future yumminess. Hope you don’t mind a new follower. :-)

If you have a momento, please check out my baking blog.

-Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

[...] We’re not usually a casserole family, but most of these look really delicious and doable! [...]

Whoooooa, for someone such as myself who LOVES baking dinner in a casserole dish, this post was eye candy…very stimulating. I can tell we’re on the same wavelength. I feel like everything tastes better when made in a casserole dish. Hope you had a great weekend!

Geoffrey Tulley says:

A casserole, from the French word for “saucepan”,[1] is a large, deep dish used both in the oven and as a serving vessel. The word casserole is also used for the food cooked and served in such a vessel, with the cookware itself called a casserole dish or casserole pan. In British English, this type of dish is frequently also called a bake, coinciding with the cooking technique used to cook casseroles..

Our personal internet site