Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

May
2012

White Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Banana Cupcakes

Tags: , ,

Desserts

I had so much fun developing this cupcake last week.   Not sure we’ve ever devoured cupcakes so fast around here, lol!  They were just good, that’s all there is to it.

I created a simple peanut butter, banana and white chocolate cupcake that is about to rock your taste buds.  Not kidding.  Can’t wait for you to try these.

Be sure to check out KitchenAid and Cook For The Cure for a wonderful cause! …..AND don’t forget to enter the KitchenAid Giveaway on Picky Palate tomorrow.  These goodies are up for grabs.

Pretty simple line up for you.  How pretty are those cupcake liners?!  I found them at TJ MAXX a few months ago.  Score!

I have to admit I still stare at my new Raspberry Ice KitchenAid every time I walk in the kitchen :)

Let’s get started shall we?  Some sugar please!

Two pretty eggs.

Some creamy peanut butter.

A little oil and sour cream.

Two very ripe mashed bananas.

Alright, mix this beautiful batter.

Time for a white chocolate sauce.  Pour hot milk over some white chips and stir until melted.  You will probably have to microwave a bit longer after stirring the milk in.  Be patient, it does happen :)  Once it does, add it to the batter and mix.

Add your dry ingredients.

…..and fill em’ up.  3/4 way full works great.

Frost with my simple peanut butter butter cream then top with some crispy banana chips and a white chocolate square.  I used THIS white chocolate bar cut into rectangles.  I found it in my baking isle at the grocery store.

I love these.  Can’t wait to make them again.  Enjoy!

White Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Banana Cupcakes

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Frosting

1 cup creamy peanut butter

1 stick unsalted butter, softened

2-3 cups powdered sugar

1/4-1/2 cup milk

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line 20 muffin cups with paper liners.

2. Place white chips in a medium bowl. Place milk into a microwave safe bowl and heat until hot, about 45 seconds. Pour over white chips, stirring until melted.

3. Add eggs, sugar, bananas, peanut butter, oil, sour cream and vanilla to stand mixer, beating until well combined. Drizzle in melted chocolate until combined. Place flour, salt and baking soda into a medium bowl, mixing to combine. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing until well combined. Scoop batter into lined muffin cups, filling about 3/4 way full. Bake for 18-22 minutes until baked through. Remove and let cool completely.

4. Beat Butter and peanut butter until creamy and smooth. Add powdered sugar and milk until you have a nice frosting consistency. Spread over cooled cupcakes. Top with banana chips and white chocolate squares if desired.

Makes 12 cupcakes

____________________________

Have a great day!  Come back soon :)

Comments

Beautiful mixer! I thought you had a red one? Maybe you do, and now you have a pink, too :) Such cute liners! TJ Maxx has some really fun finds sometimes, you just never know.

Great recipe, Jenny, & happy Mother’s Day..3rd time mama this year!

The frosting looks thick and yummy! ?Your liners are so cute!

These are made for me. Peanut butter and white chocolate is one of my all-time favorite combinations! I wish I had one right now…and it’s not even time for breakfast yet!

Fantastic cupcakes! I love your adorable cupcake holders!!

Jenny this looks amazing. I want it to magically appear on my breakfast table. Yes…breakfast!!! ;)

These are so pretty!! Love these.

Pink everywhere, I love it!!! I have Kitchen Aid envy right now! :D The cupcakes look amazing, Jenny!

Caley says:

You make the most gorgeous desserts! I just recently found your website, and I am seriously in awe! :) Keep up the great work!

Tara Lynn says:

You know, I’m not a fan of bananas but the white chocolate and peanut butter might be enough to get me to try these!

beautiful and creative dessert, jenny!!

Brandi says:

Is there somewhere I might be able to find the frosting recipe? (it looks divine!)

melissa says:

these look so good!! is there any specific mesasurments for the frosting or just throw it all in till it looks good?
    thanks for all the delious recipes

That mixer is gorgeous! I waaannttt! And the cupcakes look fabulous, such a great combination of flavors. Thanks for the recipe Jenny!

Love the new design! And those cupcake liners are SO gosh darn cute. It’s like they’re wearing little tutus!

Julia says:

I love all the vibrant pink in the pictures, and well, I’m a fan of aaaaaanything peanut butter so the cupcakes look delish!

Cupcakes look AMAZING and so does the site! Love the changes you made.

Such a fun new look. Love those cute muffin cups.

Cassie says:

Love the new design, love those cupcake liners and this flavor combination is perfection. Great cupcake, Jenny!

Yay! I love how it matches your cookbook design!! So cute! I’m dying over that pink mixer. Seriously. Yummy cupcake flavor!

Jenny! Your redesign is just beautiful!!! I love it! And I’m a little in love with those cupcakes, too!

kristina says:

Beautiful combination of flavors and presentation is gorgeous.

Yummmm these look awesome!! I am definitely adding these to my list of recipes to try out. Thanks!

Lauren says:

LOVE your redesign! Gorgeous!

Carrie says:

I have to admit….both the cupcakes and the KitchenAid make me swoon when I look at them. Oh Jenny, can I live in your kitchen??? Please?

I could go for those cupcakes this morning for breakfast! Love the new site design!

Erin says:

So adorable! And love all the flavors

oo how lovely!! I love the new blog design too!!! O and that pink mixer!! How cute!

Sarah says:

I have been waiting all week for this post since I saw you mention it earlier in the week! I made banana chocolate chip cupcakes with PB buttercream last week, they were divine. Can’t wait for the mixer tomorrow! :)

Jennifer says:

I love your cupcake liners! I have never seen ones like that before – where did you find them?

Deborah says:

I always love having a new way to use brown bananas! And those liners are adorable!

These look delish. The site looks great and oh that pink KitchenAid. Such a beauty, especially with her glass bowl. :)

LOVE the update to your site! Looks great!! And the cupcakes are adorable too! I’ve been finding a lot of great cupcake liners at TJ Maxx/Homegoods lately too! My husband always gets nervous when I tell him I’m going there! LOL

Kristen says:

What a great combo of flavors, Jenny!

Kasey says:

Yep…I am making these. They look SO good! Pink is my FAVORITE color! I even had pink on my wedding dress :)

Kathia says:

I love the new design, for sure I will be making these yummy cupcakes.I totally jelous of the super cute mixer.

These look amazing and so does your updated look! Love it!

Lissa says:

These look amazing and I bet would be awesome with dark chocolate, too :)

LOVE the new look Jenny!

Stephanie says:

Love the new design! And these cupcakes!

Oh goodness–I am LOVING all the pink in these pictures! So cool! And I am beyond jealous–mostly of your mixer, but also a bit for the cupcake wrappers.

KATHY says:

am really anxious to try to make some cupcakes. I’ve tried before and they just didn’t turn out good… don’t know what the secret is, either in the pan or the liners — but I’m so jealous when I see some pretty cupcakes…. :)

Seriously all my favorite flavors. and TJ Maxx is the best place to find great kitchen accessories!

Marisa says:

Oelala! Those cupcakes look delicious! Really like peanut butter and banana, haven’t tried it with white chocolate yet. Saving the recipe, hopefully I can make some people happy with baking them :). Nice new design as well and I just LOVE your pink kitchen aid! I still have this really cheap hand mixer to work with..some day…I’ll be looking at such a great kitchen aid in my kitchen! You need to have dreams haha.

These cupcakes look so incredibly good! I peanut butter and banana is my favorite combination. I will be making these soon for sure :)

Paula says:

I love, LOVE those liners, they are so sweet…what a gem of a find!

Beautiful dessert, Jenny! And congrats on the new design. It’s smashing :D

Kat says:

That instagram post totally got me curious :) LOVE the design and LOVE the cupacakes.

Nancy Brown says:

Thanks for sharing another great dessert recipe! Happy Mother’s Day!

That cupcake sounds incredible! I love the pink liners and mixer! Pink is my favorite color! I have a pinboard on Pinterest devoted specifically for the color Pink. No joke. :)

These sound amazing! And I think I have all of the ingredients at home!