Jul
2012

Chocolate Chip Pan “Cakes” with Cookie Dough Crumble

Tags:

Desserts

Yes, I know I am pregnant with some weird cravings, but trust me on this one.  It’s soooo worth every single calorie.  Now, please don’t eat these pan “cakes” for breakfast.  This is absolutely a DESSERT.  I repeat.  This is a dessert :)

I am kinda giddy about how crazy good these little stacked cakes are.  With a melty cookie dough crumble on top, please prepare your taste buds!

Enjoy!

Is there anything better than a simple, irresistible recipe?  Nope.

Alright, whip up your pan “cake” batter!

Eggs!

Mini Chocolate Chips.

Add those cuties to the mixer!

Swooosh!

Ok, we’re ready to cook the batter just like you would a pancake!

See how fun?

Stack em’ all up and get ready for that cookie dough crumble.

This is similar to my cookie dough frosting with just a couple minor changes.  It’s incredible!

Place a few tablespoons of cookie dough over your stack of pan “cakes” and bake at 400 degrees F. for 5 minutes to warm up!

Pour a little drizzle of maple syrup on top and dig in!

Chocolate Chip Pan “Cakes” with Cookie Dough Crumble

1 cup all purpose Gold Medal Flour

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1 cup mini chocolate chips

3 tablespoons melted butter

powdered sugar for dusting

maple syrup for drizzling

1. Place cake mix, eggs, oil and water into a stand mixer, mixing on medium until well combined. Add mini chocolate chips and transfer to a large bowl.

2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. With a spoon, spoon cake batter into the center of hot skillet, about 3 tablespoons. With spoon, spread into a round circle. Let cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until cooked through. Transfer to cake stand. Continue cooking pan “cakes” until you’ve prepared the amount you’d like.

2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

3. To prepare cookie dough, place butter and sugar into a stand mixer, beating on medium to cream for 3 minutes. Add vanilla, then flour, salt and chocolate chips, beating on low. Slowly drizzle in melted butter until well combined. Spoon a few tablespoons of dough over pan “cakes” and bake for 5 minutes to melt. Remove, dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with maple syrup. Enjoy!

Makes 3-4 dozen pan “cakes”

*Prepare the number of pancakes you need on day 1 then refrigerate leftovers and use for another use.

Comments

First I love that you used yellow cake mix for the pancakes..true “cakes”! Love it!

And then, the cookie dough crumble…oh you totally outdid yourself on this one, Jenny!

Amazingly wrong !!!! But totally going to try it. Thanks

I hope that your amazing pregnancy cravings continue. This looks delicious! Are you sure that it cannot be eaten for breakfast? :)

Wow! What a breakfast treat!

Oh wow! This would be SO popular with my near-teenage daughter and her friends during one of teir slumber parties! Yummers!

JENNY!!!!!!

I am dying at this. DYING!!

I know you say not for breakfast, but surely as a treat…???

I’m doing it. It’s happening. I’m pregnant and no one can stop me.

JulieD says:

Looks & sounds amazing, Jenny!!!

I’m pretty sure it would be an amazing day if I began my morning with these. Delicious!!

Um, holy yum!! I wish I could reach through the screen on my laptop and devour those! What a great idea!

Oh. My. Word!!! I like how your mind works!

Amazing! You rock my world with your wicked-awesome ideas.

Caley says:

Oh. My. Gosh. This is wonderful and ridiculous and probably the best thing I’ve ever heard of. ;) Except I want to make them with butterscotch chips!

Definitely a dessert. But fair game for a surprise treat for breakfast too!

Madeleine says:

Oh my…these look absolutely fantastic! I made cookie dough brownies last week and boy, were they ever good! I’m sure these would be just as tasty.

Pamela Dungar says:

OMG these look so good, we WILL be having them later for dessert, I will just cut out the carbs from dinner, so no baked potato with the cola cooked ham and salad. Yum

Cassie says:

Oh Jenny, this cookie dough crumble is genius. Pure genius!

Pregnancy cravings or not, these are just genius! I love the cookie dough on top! Just perfect!!! :D

oh girl… i’m coming back to the OC just so you can make me these!

Congratulations on being pregnant!!! …and these look and sound deee-licious! :)

Lynna H. says:

Omg, this is riddiculous! How can you keep coming up with such fantastic desserts?!

Amanda says:

WOW, what a beautiful site these pancakes are!! My mind is blown!! :) Love these girl!! :)

MikeVFMK says:

Giggity giggity. These are some mouth-watering, finger-licking cakes. I did a double take before realizing these were for real. And what a treat for breakfast. Winner winner…nothing rhymes with that for breakfast.

Jacqi says:

I know you say not for breakfast, but I’m making this for my boyfriend’s birthday breakfast. Because why not! His favorite ice cream is cookie dough with extra cookie dough so I figured it’ll make his day. :)