These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Crumble Pancakes are a delicious dessert breakfast recipe! If you love pancakes and chocolate chip cookie dough, you’re in for the perfect treat.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Cookie Dough Crumble
Yes, I know I am pregnant with some weird cravings, but trust me on this one. It’s soooo worth every single calorie. Now, please don’t eat these pan “cakes” for breakfast. This is absolutely a DESSERT. I repeat. This is a dessert 🙂
I am kinda giddy about how crazy good these little stacked cakes are. With a melty cookie dough crumble on top, please prepare your taste buds!
Is there anything better than a simple, irresistible recipe? Nope.
How to Make The Best Dessert Pancakes
Alright, whip up your pan “cake” batter!
Mini Chocolate Chips.
Add those cuties to the mixer!
Ok, we’re ready to cook the batter just like you would a pancake!
See how fun?
Stack em’ all up and get ready for that cookie dough crumble.
This is similar to my cookie dough frosting with just a couple minor changes. It’s incredible!
Place a few tablespoons of cookie dough over your stack of pan “cakes” and bake at 400 degrees F. for 5 minutes to warm up!
Pour a little drizzle of maple syrup on top and dig in!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Crumble Pancakes
Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Crumble Recipe
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour Gold Medal
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- powdered sugar for dusting
- pure maple syrup for drizzling
- Place cake mix, eggs, oil and water into a stand mixer, mixing on medium until well combined. Add mini chocolate chips and transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. With a spoon, spoon cake batter into the center of hot skillet, about 3 tablespoons. With spoon, spread into a round circle.
- Let cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until cooked through. Transfer to cake stand. Continue cooking pan "cakes" until you've prepared the amount you'd like.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To prepare cookie dough, place butter and sugar into a stand mixer, beating on medium to cream for 3 minutes. Add vanilla, then flour, salt and chocolate chips, beating on low. Slowly drizzle in melted butter until well combined.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of dough over pan "cakes" and bake for 5 minutes to melt. Remove, dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with maple syrup. Enjoy!
I know you say not for breakfast, but I’m making this for my boyfriend’s birthday breakfast. Because why not! His favorite ice cream is cookie dough with extra cookie dough so I figured it’ll make his day. 🙂
Giggity giggity. These are some mouth-watering, finger-licking cakes. I did a double take before realizing these were for real. And what a treat for breakfast. Winner winner…nothing rhymes with that for breakfast.
OMG! What a sinful dessert!
WOW, what a beautiful site these pancakes are!! My mind is blown!! 🙂 Love these girl!! 🙂
Omg, this is riddiculous! How can you keep coming up with such fantastic desserts?!
Lynna, I just love doing this, comes natural to me, lol!
Congratulations on being pregnant!!! …and these look and sound deee-licious! 🙂
Thanks Karen 🙂
oh girl… i’m coming back to the OC just so you can make me these!
Come on out girl! We would have so much fun!
Pregnancy cravings or not, these are just genius! I love the cookie dough on top! Just perfect!!! 😀
Haha, thanks Carla 🙂
Oh Jenny, this cookie dough crumble is genius. Pure genius!
Glad you like it Cassie 🙂
OMG these look so good, we WILL be having them later for dessert, I will just cut out the carbs from dinner, so no baked potato with the cola cooked ham and salad. Yum
Good idea Pamela 🙂
Oh my…these look absolutely fantastic! I made cookie dough brownies last week and boy, were they ever good! I’m sure these would be just as tasty.
Definitely a dessert. But fair game for a surprise treat for breakfast too!
I agree Gena!!
Oh. My. Gosh. This is wonderful and ridiculous and probably the best thing I’ve ever heard of. 😉 Except I want to make them with butterscotch chips!
Mmmm, I love butterscotch chips!
Amazing! You rock my world with your wicked-awesome ideas.
Lol!! Thanks Katrina 🙂
Oh. My. Word!!! I like how your mind works!
Um, holy yum!! I wish I could reach through the screen on my laptop and devour those! What a great idea!
I’m pretty sure it would be an amazing day if I began my morning with these. Delicious!!
Looks & sounds amazing, Jenny!!!
So cute! I’m drooling!
I am dying at this. DYING!!
I know you say not for breakfast, but surely as a treat…???
I’m doing it. It’s happening. I’m pregnant and no one can stop me.
Oh wow! This would be SO popular with my near-teenage daughter and her friends during one of teir slumber parties! Yummers!
Wow! What a breakfast treat!
I hope that your amazing pregnancy cravings continue. This looks delicious! Are you sure that it cannot be eaten for breakfast? 🙂
Amazingly wrong !!!! But totally going to try it. Thanks
First I love that you used yellow cake mix for the pancakes..true “cakes”! Love it!
And then, the cookie dough crumble…oh you totally outdid yourself on this one, Jenny!