Jul
2012

Bakery Style XXL Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tags: , ,

Cookies

Ahhhh, summer is so great isn’t it?  The boys and I baked these massive cookies last weekend together and I am so glad we did.  My little stinkers were hopped up on the counter still in their PJ’s fighting over who gets to pour what into the mixer.  Love these two boys.

Hope you enjoy our gigantic bakery worthy cookies in your home too :)

Let’s start with the butter please :)

One of my favorite toothless boys helping with the sugar.

Cream your butter and sugar.

My other favorite guy helping add the eggs.  Thanks Mase!

Ok, time for the vanilla.

Once the wet ingredients are well combined, time for the flour mix!

Don’t forget to add lots of chocolate chips too :)

Summer baking in the kitchen with these two.  My favorite!

I wasn’t messing around when I said XXL cookies.  This is a good heaping 1/4 cup of dough per cookie.

Press your dough down evenly before baking.

What you get are these gorgeous buttery cookies!  Enjoy!

Bakery Style XXL Chocolate Chip Cookies

Bakery Style XXL Chocolate Chip Cookies 2 textIngredients

• 2 sticks (1 cup) softened unsalted butter
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 3/4 cup all purpose Gold Medal Flour
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
  2. In stand mixer, cream your butter and sugars for a good 3 minutes. Will be light and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until well combined.
  3. In a large bowl stir together your flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Slowly add to your wet ingredients along with your chocolate chips until just combined. With a giant cookie scoop or a heaping 1/4 cup scoop dough onto your prepared baking sheet fitting only about 5 cookies per sheet. Press each cookie down to about 1/2 inch thick before baking. Bake for 13-16 minutes, until cookies are baked through and edges golden. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring. Place on cooling rack to finish cooling. Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container.

Makes 10-15 XXL cookies

Comments

You have the most adorable sous chef’s :)

Sibylle says:

They look just very very yummy!!!
    Thank you for sharing!!!
    Sibylle

I seriously need to bake these!

Gorgeous! I should surprise my honey with these!

Amanda says:

Fabulous!! There is nothing like a massive, chewy, homemade cookie!! :) Your boys are getting soo big!! How is it they’ve grown so much since the last time I saw them?? :)

Giant cookies are the best! Crispy borders, soft chewy insides…and chocolate in every bite. :) I love that your boys are so into helping you bake!!

Trina says:

These look awesome!

Your boys are too cute! Love the giant cookies!

Now that looks like total cookie perfection to me!

Your boys are ADORABLE!!! And XXL cookies?!? Sounds like the best idea ever!!!

Wow these look delicious, I love cookies in all shapes and sizes as long as there’s plenty of chocolate and chewiness and these look perfect, need to make these!

Abby says:

Could you make the cookies smaller or do they have to be XXL in order to turn out right?

Your boys are so cute! And I bet there happy to have you as a mom…I bet they will be a big help to you when the baby comes too..awesome family :)
    Mandy

teresa says:

Oh I love gigantic cookies!
    How cute are your boys!
    And!
    How incredible is that PINK mixer!
    Love this recipe!
    xo

these sound and look wonderful!

Lisa Eysen says:

Love the nail polish! I’m making these tonight…so that Friday the 13th will be a happy day!!!

Stephanie says:

Looks like a great morning of baking. Thanks for the recipe!

Erica says:

Wow these look yummy, I’m sooo making these.. Thanks for sharing

Sara Kamla says:

These look so yummy! I love the step by step photos too! Very fun!

Cassie says:

The boys are adorable! And these sound amazing.

Gosh, these just look too good to be true! Love a big, soft, gooey cookie!

There is nothing better than a cookie, unless it’s a massive cookie! My boys also argue who is pouring what into what, I guess it’s universal. They are very cute!

Mmmm giant cookies are the only kinda of cookies for me :)

Lynna H. says:

LOVE IT! ♥ giant cookies are awesome. & your boys are adorable!

Ricky says:

I loved these pictures! I can’t help but smile at your boys, they remind me of my brother and I when we would bake with my mom. She has always been a baker extraordinaire and is always baking up a storm. I have many fond memories of my brother and I helping her in the kitchen. I think this son is due for a trip to his mom’s for some mother-son baking time! Thanks for sharing!

JulieD says:

Love these…I’m going to have to make these ASAP!! And your boys are so cute!

[...] Bakery Style XXL Chocolate Chip Cookies [...]

AAAH! So cute! I can’t wait for my little monster to help me bake cookies! I love the recipe, I have a similar choc chip recipe but flourless and with loads of peanut butter! Thanx!

I can’t wait to try these! I’m a sucker for a big chocolate chip cookie from a bakery, they have the best of both worlds because they’re crunch around the edge and softer in the middle. Thanks!

janicedale says:

I am amazed with the kids that made this lovely cookies. There is nothing like a massive, chewy, homemade cookie and this is the perfect cookies, I have ever seen. To be honest, I don’t know how to bake but I love cookies so through this instructions it encouraged me to bake and make this homemade cookies.

_________________________
    brunch for one

WOW! Tose are huge cookies! YUM! Your boys are adorable! What great helpers.

Angela H. says:

Made these tonight and they were great!

Oh yes! Those just look perfect :) Love that your boys help you out all the time too! Great helpers!!!

Shannon says:

Made these cookies last night and I love them! Thanks for the recipe :)

[...] dessert.  A quick glance at my options, landed me over at Picky Palate.  I knew that her Bakery Style Cookies would be just what we needed to celebrate a special day.  Celebrate our day, celebrate the [...]

[...] Picky Palate – Bakery Style XXL Chocolate Chip Cookies 2.  Averie Cooks – Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookies 3.  The Novice Housewife – [...]

Amanda says:

Just made these, FANTASTIC! Loved how the edges were slightest bit crunchy and the middle perfectly soft! A+++!

Lyss says:

Good cookies. They are HUGE- I couldn’t put more than 2 to a pan without them running together. I put peanut M&M’s in mine instead of chocolate chips, and had to cut a bit of bake time off.

[...] Style XXL Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Source: Picky Palate Makes 10-15 cookies (My batch made [...]

Vanessa Rivera says:

I cannot wait to make these. You have the best cookie recipes!

Gayle Marie says:

Jenny – I have always looked for a recipe for those BIG bakery sized cookies, and have never found one that wasn’t dry and crumbly. Glad I found your blog somehow through Pillsbury.com and there was this recipe. I think I have the best regular chocolate chip cookie recipe, but this one looks like it is going to be the perfect bakery size cookie recipe. Can’t wait to try them on my daughter and son in law who think my reg. size chocolate chip cookie recipe is the best!!! Thanks for posting this XXL cookie recipe!!!!!!!!! :-) Love, love your boys!!!!!

Michele says:

Just made these today and they turned out fabulous!!!! Everyone in my family said they are the best choc chip cookies they’ve had!!! Can’t wait to try more of your recipes!!!!

[...] Bakery Style XXL Chocolate Chip Cookies [...]

carol evans says:

i want to try your choc chip cookies can i sub crisco shortening for butter 1/2 and 1/2

Lisa Green says:

i just come to know that they it is so easy to make chocolate chip cookies at home. They are looking so tasty. I just wanna have them now. I am going to make them today only. I cannot wait anymore.

dee moultrie says:

they were Grrrrrate!!!!! the kids lovve them

Katy says:

I’m convinced that these are the perfect cookies! This is the only recipe I use for chocolate chip cookies anymore and they come out perfect every single time. It’s also an easy recipe to cut in half if you just want to make a few for a snack :)

[…] there is something about a snowy weekend that gets me in the baking mood. In lieu of making my favorite chocolate chip cookies, I decided to be a good girl and create a healthy breakfast muffin packed with bananas, oats and a […]

Betty says:

Thanks for the recipe. It’s the big chocolate chip bakery style cookie recipe I’ve been looking for. They’re big, soft and delicious.