Aug
2012

Warm Baked Chocolate Chip Cookie Stuffed Oreos

Tags: , ,

Cookies

I’ve been so excited to share these Chocolate Chip Stuffed Oreo Cookies with you!!  I’ve had them saved for a couple weeks now as I’ve been scheduling my posts before the baby comes.  These are an inside out spin on my Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies that are equally as fun and equally as irresistible.

As a very pregnant woman right now, there are few things that are enjoyable and…..these cookies definitely made my day, lol!!  I am at the tail end of this pregnancy and am getting so anxious to meet this new little guy.

Last week Recipe Boy shared a cookie dough version that looks delish!  Be sure to check it out!  He and I have stuffed Oreos on the brain:)  Love his creativity at such a young age!

Grab a bag of Oreo’s or Trader Joe’s Jo Jo’s and get baking!  Take a look at how simple these are to prepare.

A beautiful sight, aren’t they?

You’ll need to twist each Oreo cookie apart and you’ll bake with the non-cream side.

I had my sweet boys helping me with this recipe.  We start by creaming the butter and sugars.

Let the mixer go for 2-3 minutes until nice and creamy.

Add your nice egg and a splash of vanilla next.

Time for the dry ingredients!

Oh yah!!  Mini chocolate chips work best for this recipe if you can find them at your grocery store.

Who can resist a little taste of that cookie dough before it gets baked?  Not me….and apparently my little guy.

Haha!

Use your smallest cookie scoop or a tablespoon.  You’ll scoop only 1 tablespoon of dough on top of the non-cream sided Oreo.

Ready to bake.  350 degrees F. for about 8 minutes.  My biggest tip for this recipe is do NOT add more than 1 tablespoon of dough on top of each Oreo.  The cookie will spread over the Oreo….not the end of the world, but just doesn’t look as nice.

Baked until golden and fabulous.  If your cookie bakes over your Oreo you can take a plastic knife and push the cookie back around the Oreo.  Do this while the cookies are hot.

While the cookie is still warm, top the cream-sided Oreo right on top pressing slightly.

This allows the cream to melt a bit.  You’ll see what I mean in the next photo :)

How fun is this?!  They are pretty darn good too.

I couldn’t decide if I liked these cookies right out of the oven or at room temperature.  Both…yum!

Hope you enjoy!!

Warm Baked Chocolate Chip Cookie Stuffed Oreos

Chocolate Chip Cookie Stuffed Oreos  1 Ingredients

• 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted softened butter
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 Large egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
  • 32 Oreo Cookies

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
  2. Cream butter and sugars in a stand or electric mixer for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla mixing until well combined. Add flour, baking soda and salt to wet ingredients mixing to combine then add chocolate chips mixing until just combined.
  3. Separate Oreo cookies and place non-cream sided cookie onto prepared baking sheet. Place 1 tablespoon cookie dough onto each Oreo Cookie and bake for 8-9 minutes until baked through. If dough has baked over Oreo use a plastic knife to bring warm cookie back around Oreo. This means you placed too much dough on Oreo. Gently press cream-side of Oreo over warm baked cookie and let cool for another 10 minutes before serving. White cream will become soft and somewhat melted.

Makes about 32 cookies

Comments

Oh my gosh, what a fun and inventive twist on an oreo cookie!! I absolutely love this – it would be perfect for an after-dinner indulgence – and it’s so easy to make I could just whip these up anytime! Thanks for the inspiration!

I love the shots with the melty icing! This is a great idea and super fun. It’s good that you gave the 1 tablespoon tip because I’m the type of person that always wants to do 1.5 or 2x the good stuff. So if I get to make these one day, you’ve already prevented disaster. :)

Goodness gracious Jenny. These look awesome! What a great idea.

Love this! How could a combo of 2 great cookies be bad?!

These look fabulously dangerous! Yum!

You’re a genius! Love these!

Whoa! Love this inside-out version!!! You are an evil genius, Jenny! ;)

Anna says:

YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!!! can’t wait to try these!!!!

You always come up with the cutest recipes, Jenny! And love the cutting board with the really rustic edge that I can see peeking out in a few pics!

Yeah, that’s kind of genius.

Lauren says:

This is such a great idea!!

You are the stuffed cookie queen!!! These look wonderfully delicious! :)

Yum! I did a spin on this on my blog awhile ago with cookie dough!! It was SO yummy to have cookie dough inside an Oreo and dipped in chocolate–but fresh baked cookies, you just can’t beat ‘em! Gorgeous, Jenny!

Deborah says:

I love your creativity – these look amazing!

Cindy Ferguson says:

I’ve never seen cookies like these before, wow! Looks yummy!

Such a fun, fun recipe!! Let’s add a mini chocolate bar and some marshmallow fluff inside there too, lol! Thanks for linking to Brooks. So funny that you were both thinking on the same wavelength this week. Such creative minds!

Madeleine says:

Such a great recipe! Can’t wait to try!

Helene says:

Brillant recipe! My kids would love to make those. Thanks!

Aah! Such a great spin on your famous Oreo-stuffed chocolate chips. Does your creativity never cease?? :)

Oh my geez I love this idea…! I would love to try one of these little gems :)

Lynna says:

Seriously, where do you come up with these ideas?!

JulieD says:

Holy moly, these look amazing!! I love that your boys help you bake…love, love seeing that!!

Lanann says:

I have three words for you… I LOVE YOU! OMGosh, these look amazing! Can’t wait to try them out! (I think I gained 5 lbs just by drooling over the pictures!)

Love it Jenny! What a creative idea!

Amanda says:

I am absolutely swooning with all the gorgeousness, Jenny!! Love this creative inside-out version of your famous cookie!! :)

Cassie says:

This is such a great idea Jenny. I love the filling oozing out!

Jenn says:

I can’t wait to try these! They look so good! It solves my problem of whether or not I want to eat oreos or chocolate chip cookies too!

These look amazing and I love the creative idea!! Oreos and chocolate chip cookies are two of my loves :)

I really want to just be a fly on the wall in your kitchen Jenny! You come up with some of the best treats!!

These look sooooo stinking delish!!!! Love it! :-)

Ashley says:

You are SO not helping me shed the last bit of baby weight! :) These are totally drool worthy!

marla says:

Oh yes!! I’ll take a dozen for my hike tomorrow!

I shouldn’t be surprised that after stuffed oreos into cookies that you would then do the opposite. Love it!

Jenny do the CCC stick to the Oreo really good? and where’s your cute picture of you pregnant!?
    Mandy

Hi Mandy, Yes, if you place the cream side of the Oreo over the warm baked cookie, it sticks just fine :) …..at this point of my pregnancy you won’t find any photos of me going on the blog, lol!! You’ll get sneak peeks on Instagram every now and then, lol!

OMG!!!!!!! Oreos in itself are my HOT fav. And you made them sound far far more YUMMY than it is already.

Well these are just plain crazy. I was pretty sure you couldn’t make an Oreo cookie better and I now stand corrected.

Those look like so much fun! I love them and I am so excited for you to meet your new little guy too! I cant wait to see pictures :)

Jessica says:

I’m going to have to try this sometime…add to my “must do” list!

Christine Mlinek says:

Just plain crazy good! and I was cleaning out my pantry and found a whole bag of oreos begging me to do something with. YUP! this is the one!

You are like the evil genius of the cookie world. These are so fun, and so over the top amazing!! It is a really really good thing I don’t have Oreo’s on the house, or I would be in the kitchen right now and 5 pounds heavier tomorrow :)

[...] but not least is my newest Oreo creation from August 2012 that I call Chocolate Chip Cookie Stuffed Oreos.  This is an inside out twist on my original cookie right above.  This fun recipe takes just [...]

[...] these bad boys. THEN it took another 6 hours for it to dry.   The Stuffed Oreos are straight from Picky Palate. However, I used less than a tablespoon of dough, and baked them for 10 minutes. I used Double [...]

JoAnne says:

Made these today. They were super easy and delish! It did require much more baking time- approximately 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees and I managed to squeak out about 50 cookies. I use a heaping teaspoon, so there would not be any spillage. Thanks for this tasty recipe!

Jennifer says:

Made these last night for Back to School Night. Needless to say, I didn’t bring any home! They were fabulous. I love the Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, but these gave me the same flavor and were super easy! Thanks for posting!

[...] Chocolate Chip Cookie Stuffed Oreos (Picky Palate) [...]

Anna says:

I made these today and I ate one warm and one cool and they were both WONDERFUL! My grandchildren will love these!! Thank you Jenny for another great recipe!!

Kim M says:

Both your ideas are genius! Seriously…how could someone NOT come up with this idea any sooner than you did! LOL

I’m going to have to try this!

Kim M.

JUST MADE says:

OMG! I just made these and fell in love!!!! They are so darn good! Instead of using regular Oreos and milk chocolate chips…. I used MINT oreos and mint and milk chocolate chips… and WOW loved the extra zing of flavor!