Aug
2012

Oreo Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars

Tags: ,

Cookies

These peanut butter cookie bars packed with mini Oreo Cookies and chocolate chips are so much fun and will certainly satisfy any sweet tooth.

They are great to bring to a party, package up for friends or even for serving as an after school treat.  Be sure to serve with a tall glass of milk and prepare your taste buds for a big party :)

Simple pantry ingredients for your line-up.

I chose to prepare these bars in a bowl, but feel free to use your stand mixer if you’d rather.

Cream your butter and sugars.

Once your butter and sugars are well combined, stir in your peanut butter.

Stir until nicely combined.

Stir in a lovely egg.

A nice splash of vanilla.

Once combined, add your dry ingredients.

Cookie dough!  Time to add the chips.

If you haven’t tried Guittard chocolate chips, you must!  They are huge and fabulous.

Ahhh, kinda hard to resist picking out a few :)

How about some mini Oreo cookies to the mix?

Yes please!

This could not be a bad thing.  Ever.

Give this a taste, it’s mighty fine :)

Time to bake.  I line an 8×8 inch baking dish with foil that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.  This makes removing and cutting into squares much easier.

Perfectly browned and baked.  Let cool for a good 45 minutes then cut into squares and serve!

Too fun!!

• 1 cup all purpose Gold Medal Flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 2 cups mini Oreos

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with foil that’s sprayed with cooking spray.
  2. Place butter and sugars into a large bowl, cream until well combined. Add peanut butter mixing to combine. Add egg and vanilla mixing well. Add flour, baking soda and salt, mixing until dough forms. Add chips and mini Oreo cookies stirring until just combined. Transfer dough to prepared baking dish, press dough evenly into pan.
  3. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove and let cool for 45 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve with milk and enjoy!

Makes 12 Servings

Comments

Cant go wrong with PB, butter, chocolate chips, Oreos – Oh Jenny, so many great things rolled up into one. Delish!

I just want to have 6 of everything you post! Always.

I’m almost drooling on my keyboard here. That’s almost too much to take on a monday morning. I’m gonna be craving these the whole day. :)

Spencer says:

I love Oreo’s so I just know I would love this recipe.

you’ve got me hooked on baking with oreos! These sound wonderful as usual :)

Caley says:

These look great! I’d like to try them with Biscoff spread instead of peanut butter…up the cookie factor a little! ;)

Samantha says:

Where did you find the Guittard chocolate chips? I love using them but usually I have to get bags from a baker friend who gets them straight from the supplier.

Polly says:

Does this recipe use hazelnut or vanilla extract? The ingredient line up picture includes imitation hazelnut extract, but you use vanilla extract in the action shot. Also, the ingredient list includes vanilla extract. It seems like it should be vanilla, but I want to make sure. Thanks!

Oh My Goodness Gracious!!! Everything is so right with these bars, Jenny. Everything.

My kids would think they had died and gone to heaven if I served them these for an after school snack. Fun, Jenny!

I can’t see how people wouldn’t go bonkers over these. They look marvelous!

Love these bars!

my hubby would faint. these look incredible!

All of my favorite things in a bar!! I’ll take a dozen :)

This might be the perfect bar!

Oh. My. I’m bookmarking this one to reserve when I need to butter up my guy. He’d go gaga for these (and I, of course, would have to test one or two or three to make sure they’re up to par).

carrian says:

Pinning this! My little ones will love to make it for FHE tonight!

These bars look amazing! I love that you keep making wonderful desserts in the last month of your pregnancy… Keep them coming!

You are just evil-evil with these Oreos…whoa. I love them.

Wowwwww seriously I am drooling! They are looking awesome. Amazing recipe!

Emma says:

Hey Jenny :) great recipe , can’t wait to try it. Just wondering does it matter what brands of ingredients we use ? As I live in Australia and don’t have the brands you used. Hopefully I don’t look to stupid

these look sooooo good…i love the contrast in color in the chips vs. oreos too! not that it REALLY matters, but pretty nonetheless ;)

These would definitely be #1 on my list of back-to-school treats! :)

Madeleine says:

These remind me of “the parent trap”, when they eat oreos with peanut butter, lol. These bars look great!

These look so moist and perfect!! Yummmmm!

Shelly B says:

Pinned. But then again, I could (and practically do) pin everything you post!

jennifer h says:

These look super yummy…adding to my “need to make” collection of recipes.

Leslie says:

OH MY GOSH! I HAVE to make these! Looks delicious, thanks for the recipe!!! :)

Your gorgeous photos helped me to envision the Guittard chips. First, I’d open the package and test a handful. Then I’d pour the required amount atop the cookie dough and test a few of those. Then I’d gently, carefully stir them into the cookie dough and test a few tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough. Then, moving on to the mini Oreos ~

Keep writing…

You cannot go wrong with these ingredients!

Ooooh I love those Guittard chips and anything with Oreos just has to be magical!

My, my, my!!! These look very addictive!

Sues says:

Oh my gosh- does it get any better than this?? I don’t think so!!

JulieD says:

I have no words, you did it again, Jenny!! :)

Lynna says:

Looks delish!

These look Just. Too. Good. Loving them :)

Lenore says:

I’m so in love with those mini Oreos, and this is the perfect recipe to use them in…you rock!

Tracy says:

Totally making these tomorrow

These sound freaking delicious!! YUM!

[...] oreo chocolate chip peanut butter bars. /* [...]

Sara says:

Wow, those look sinfully delicious!

You never cease to amaze with all these delicious, decadent desserts! These bars look absolutely heavenly.

[...] it. Two fun recipes that jumped out for me this week were Oreo chocolate chip peanut butter bars (Picky Palate) and – the one my kids are most excited to try – homemade Slurpees! (Mandy’s Recipe [...]

Jenny, I love that you are never afraid to throw anything into a cookie, cake or bar!

Sarah says:

Ohhhh this is the perfect recipe for the Fantasy Football Widows party we’re having tonight while the guys do their draft! Also, I LOVE your recipe box plugin! That is such a fantastic idea.

brenda s 'okie in colorado' says:

I AGREE ABOUT GUITTARD! They are the only chocolate chip I have used for the past 12 years. Pinning this recipe and hopefully make when the temps go down.

laurie lariviere says:

these look really good, just wanted to let you know that I made your chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes and they were divine! the kids love them, thanks for the idea!!

[...] Oreo Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars – These yummy treats from Picky Palate look fantastic and easy to make. Win-win! [...]

I am super obsessed with Oreos, so this sounds and looks amazing! I wish the Oreo/peanut butter combination was more common because it’s soo good. I’ve loved it ever since I saw it on The Parent Trap when I was little and decided to try it. :)

Wow. These bars are literally making me speechless! Talk about ooey gooey chocolatey goodness! :)