These peanut butter cookie bars packed with mini Oreo Cookies and chocolate chips are so much fun and will certainly satisfy any sweet tooth.
They are great to bring to a party, package up for friends or even for serving as an after school treat. Be sure to serve with a tall glass of milk and prepare your taste buds for a big party
Simple pantry ingredients for your line-up.
I chose to prepare these bars in a bowl, but feel free to use your stand mixer if you’d rather.
Cream your butter and sugars.
Once your butter and sugars are well combined, stir in your peanut butter.
Stir until nicely combined.
Stir in a lovely egg.
A nice splash of vanilla.
Once combined, add your dry ingredients.
Cookie dough! Time to add the chips.
If you haven’t tried Guittard chocolate chips, you must! They are huge and fabulous.
Ahhh, kinda hard to resist picking out a few
How about some mini Oreo cookies to the mix?
This could not be a bad thing. Ever.
Give this a taste, it’s mighty fine
Time to bake. I line an 8×8 inch baking dish with foil that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. This makes removing and cutting into squares much easier.
Perfectly browned and baked. Let cool for a good 45 minutes then cut into squares and serve!
Oreo Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 stick/8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with foil that’s sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place butter and sugars into a large bowl, cream until well combined. Add peanut butter mixing to combine. Add egg and vanilla mixing well. Add flour, baking soda and salt, mixing until dough forms. Add chips and mini Oreo cookies stirring until just combined. Transfer dough to prepared baking dish, press dough evenly into pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove and let cool for 45 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve with milk and enjoy!
Makes 12 Servings