May
2013

Giant Happy Birthday Cookie For One

Tags: , , , ,

Cookies

Giant Happy Birthday Cookie For One by Picky Palate

If you want to “make a friend’s day” for their birthday, try making them my Happy Birthday Cookie For One.  It’s a simple candy bar packed cookie recipe that takes just minutes to whip up and looks so great wrapped up in parchment paper and some twine.

….it’s also ok if it’s not your birthday and you feel like making it for yourself.  I won’t tell.  I may or may not have enjoyed this last week…by myself…and it’s not my birthday.

Enjoy friends!

IMG_3504

You know what I love most about this cookie for one?  I included little bits of each of these candy bars.  Mmmm!

IMG_3517

Ok, first things first.  Let’s start with some butter and sugar.

Brown Sugar

Add your brown sugar then stir until creamed or well combined.

IMG_3543

You’ll use 2 tablespoons of a beaten egg.

vanilla and dry ingredients

A splash of vanilla then add your dry ingredients.

chips and m

Add your chips and M and M’s.

Butterfinger

1 tablespoon of crushed Butterfinger.

snickers

1 tablespoon of finely chopped Snickers bar.

Heath

1 tablespoon crushed Heath bar.

giant happy birthday cookies-18

Oh yah!

IMG_3655

Dough.  Drool.

giant happy birthday cookies-19

Find a giant scoop or just use a spoon and get it ready for the baking sheet.  It’s about 1/4 cup.

dough

Scoop your dough into the middle of your prepared baking sheet.  It is going to be massive, prepare yourselves :)  Press the dough into an even round as shown.

baked

It bakes into a lovely golden candy bar loaded giant cookie.  Mine came out close to 8 inches.  Mmm!  Once it cooled, I wrapped it in parchment paper and tied with twine.  Great gift for any occasion really, but really special for a birthday.  Enjoy!

Giant Happy Birthday Cookie For One 2t

• 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
  • 1 tablespoon mini M and M’s
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped Snickers bar
  • 1 tablespoon crushed Butterfinger bar
  • 1 tablespoon crushed Heath bar

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Stir in the beaten egg, vanilla, flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips, M and M’s, Snickers, Butterfinger and Heath bars then transfer dough to prepared baking sheet. Press evenly into a round. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve and enjoy!

Makes 1 large 8-inch cookie

Comments

Single serving cookies (even the 8 inch variety) are perfect! Love all the add-ins you worked into this cookie, Jenny!

Gosh, with this recipe, limiting myself to only one cookie a day suddenly works for me! I love this!

This would make any kid (or adult) happy! Great idea.

Great ! I keep the idea to treat a friend !

Tieghan says:

Your add-ins are always the best! Being you friend has got to be awesome!!!

My birthday is in 3 days. Might have to go ahead and make this for myself.

Love the size!!! So cute Jenny :)

Now that is one good looking cookie! I am going to need a really large glass of milk!

Ann says:

If I left out the pudding mix, would that change the taste or texture of the cookie?

Amanda says:

YES!!!! Finally I can say that I ate just ONE cookie in one sitting. :)

It’s not my birthday, but…..gimmie! Love this cute cookie, Jenny!

I really love this recipe as sometimes I want to celebrate friends with a nice dessert but don’t want to stress them out over a dozen cupcakes. This is great – thanks for sharing!

Love it! Happy birthday… to me! ;) Not really but Ill pretend!

It’s someones birthday out there today so that means I have a perfectly good reason to make this right now :) Seriously can’t get enough of your giant cookies Jenny!

Grace says:

I have a cousin who only likes peanut butter cookies “without the nuts”, is there any way I could make a peanut butter one?

Forget ONE cookie, I’d stack these up and make a cake out of them. And I’d have a VERY happy birthday party for one! Hehe. Amazing recipe, Jenny!

LeighL says:

AWESOME!! Thanks! I can’t wait to make this for my (un)birthday! When it cooled, was it gooey or a crunchy middle kinda cookie?

Thank you very much !!! I was looking for those kind of single cookie. Because my daughter just love them, but it can take time to bake several small cookies. I was looking for one big, without really finding the good one. I’m going to try it.

What a great idea for a friend’s birthday! Although no judgement at all that you made it for yourself…I can definitely see myself doing that! It looks so good, how could you resist?!

That is one good looking cookie!

Gaby says:

Can I have this even if it isn’t my birthday yet?!? LOVE it

I want this for MY birthday!! Perfection!!

naomi says:

I’m not waiting for my birthday!

Eek! This reminds me of those giant cookie cakes…I love it!

Completely awesome as usual, Jenny! You know we’ll be trying this!!

Melanie says:

Love your cookies for one! And these has Butterfingers which is my favourite peanut butter candy bar!

YES! Cookies for one. And it’s my birth-month – that counts, right?? :)

Rayna says:

Oh. My. God. Would it be alright if I made this cookie for all the other days of the year that aren’t my birthday?

Wow, is that really the same size as the cake stand? My kinda cookie :)

This would be perfect for shipping to out of town friends! Cakes get so messy. LOVE this!

What a great idea! Love the add-ins too! yum! :)

Mary Lynn says:

Great idea for my friend’s 50th b’day and I get to eat the leftover candy…