Aug
2013

Chicken Arugula and Hummus Tarts

Tags: , , ,

Appetizers and Sides

Cheesy Chicken Arugula Hummus Tarts by Picky Palate

Puff pastry, roasted chicken, arugula and hummus?!  These are some of my favorite ingredients, and together they made the  most delicious little tarts.

Love how easy these are to put together for a quick appetizer or even dinner served with a nice salad and vegetable.  It’s always a pleasure partnering with Sabra Hummus.  I had the opportunity to visit the Sabra Hummus facility in Richmond Virginia a few weeks ago.  What a treat to see how their hummus is made.  We sampled oodles and oodles of hummus and loved every minute of it.

Cheesy Chicken Arugula Hummus Tarts-1

Here’s what you’ll need to make my tarts–nice and simple.

Cheesy Chicken Arugula Hummus Tarts-4

For my tarts, I used Sabra’s Roasted Garlic Hummus, which is one of our favorites.  The boys can’t get enough of this!

Cheesy Chicken Arugula Hummus Tarts-6

Oh my goodness look at all of that delicious garlic!

Cheesy Chicken Arugula Hummus Tarts-7

Start by spreading a thin layer of hummus over puff pastry strips that have been cut into thirds.

Cheesy Chicken Arugula Hummus Tarts-8

Top with a layer of chicken breast.

Cheesy Chicken Arugula Hummus Tarts-9

Arugula leaves up next!

Cheesy Chicken Arugula Hummus Tarts-10

Roasted red peppers.  Mmm!

Cheesy Chicken Arugula Hummus Tarts-11

Lots of cheese on top………Ok, now time to bake!

Cheesy Chicken Arugula Hummus Tarts-12t

Can’t wait for you to try these.  Enjoy!

Cheesy Chicken Arugula Hummus Tarts-15t

Chicken, Arugula and Hummus Tarts

Cheesy Chicken Arugula Hummus Tarts by Picky Palate Ingredients

• 1 package/2 sheets Puff Pastry, thawed
  • 1 cup Sabra Hummus, I used Roasted Garlic
  • 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
  • 1 cup arugula leaves
  • 1 cup roasted red peppers, sliced
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment or a silpat liner.
  2. Unfold puff pastry and slice each sheet into thirds. Place each piece onto baking sheets, spacing about 1 or 2 inches apart.
  3. On each puff pastry piece, spread a thin layer of hummus, top evenly with shredded chicken pieces, arugula leaves, roasted red peppers and mozzarella cheese. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until cheese is melted and pastry is puffed and golden. Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes then serve warm.

Makes 6 Servings

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Sabra Hummus however thoughts and opinions are my own.

Comments

Ooo….these look so good! I love hummus, too!

This is officially genius!

I love hummus and these look delicious. Wondering if my I could get my kids to eat them. Beautiful pictures!

Tieghan says:

I agree with Liz, these are genius!! I love hummus, cheese and arugula! Oh and the chicken too! Yum!

Mmmm!!! I want these for lunch! I love hummus and this recipe is…amazing!

We love the garlic hummus!

THis is so creative! I love hummus, so why not on a tart!?

I LOVE this!! It looks so good! I could probably eat that entire tart if you let me :)

Ashley M. says:

Love this! I’m always looking for new ways to incorporate hummas into my recipes!

marla says:

These look great Jenny! Great use for hummus :)

I took a little time off away from hummus because I was pretty obsessed, but now it’s time to go back.. YUM!

Liz says:

Sounds good and I love the hummus

Nellie says:

It’s as if you knew I needed to do something with the Puff Pastry Sheets that have been staring me in the face every time I open my freezer! I cannot wait to make this – thanks so much for sharing!

Mmmmm…these sound soooooo good! :)

Gaby says:

love me some Sabra hummus!!!

MMmmm.
    I LOVE your blog!
    can’t wait to make this! WOWWwww. Something I can actually do.

I have yet to try hummus, but these look so amazing! Love!

Jenna says:

Oh, I’m going to make those this week.

Thanks for the idea! (And pinned.)

Crystal says:

Delicious!! I will definetly be making this!! Thanks for the recipe!!

Jo F. says:

I made this French-bread-pizza style using a loaf of ciabatta bread and rotisserie chicken along with the garlic hummus, spinach/arugula mix, roasted red pepper strips and shredded mozzarella. Fabulous!! Thank you so much for this yumminess!

I really like the sound of using hummus like this on a tart!

DeeDee says:

Thanks for this recipe. I plan on using basil on some because my husband is not a big fan of arugula. Thanks

kathleen says:

This was so amazing… my daughter made it and we loved it!!! There’s so many ways to play with this recipe, too! I love that idea!