Puff pastry, roasted chicken, arugula and hummus?! These are some of my favorite ingredients, and together they made the most delicious little tarts.
Love how easy these are to put together for a quick appetizer or even dinner served with a nice salad and vegetable. It’s always a pleasure partnering with Sabra Hummus. I had the opportunity to visit the Sabra Hummus facility in Richmond Virginia a few weeks ago. What a treat to see how their hummus is made. We sampled oodles and oodles of hummus and loved every minute of it.
Here’s what you’ll need to make my tarts–nice and simple.
For my tarts, I used Sabra’s Roasted Garlic Hummus, which is one of our favorites. The boys can’t get enough of this!
Oh my goodness look at all of that delicious garlic!
Start by spreading a thin layer of hummus over puff pastry strips that have been cut into thirds.
Top with a layer of chicken breast.
Arugula leaves up next!
Roasted red peppers. Mmm!
Lots of cheese on top………Ok, now time to bake!
Can’t wait for you to try these. Enjoy!
Chicken, Arugula and Hummus Tarts
- 1 package/2 sheets Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 cup Sabra Hummus, I used Roasted Garlic
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment or a silpat liner.
- Unfold puff pastry and slice each sheet into thirds. Place each piece onto baking sheets, spacing about 1 or 2 inches apart.
- On each puff pastry piece, spread a thin layer of hummus, top evenly with shredded chicken pieces, arugula leaves, roasted red peppers and mozzarella cheese. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until cheese is melted and pastry is puffed and golden. Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes then serve warm.
Makes 6 Servings
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Sabra Hummus however thoughts and opinions are my own.