Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Aug
2013

Peanut Butter and Honey Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tags: ,

Cookies

Peanut Butter and Honey Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies-16t

After a fun filled, action packed summer, my boys start school next week. My Peanut Butter and Honey Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies are going to be a perfect after school treat to surprise them with.

Peanut butter and honey are one of those flavor combinations that just fit so well together.  Makes one perfect cookie with Gold Medal’s Whole Wheat Flour and mini chocolate chips.

Fun and Yum!  Enjoy :)

Peanut Butter and Honey Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies-1

Here’s your ingredient line-up.  Nice and simple.

Peanut Butter and Honey Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies 2-1

I used a big mixing bowl to whip up my cookies, but certainly use your stand mixer if you’d like.

Peanut Butter and Honey Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies-4

Let’s cream our butter and sugars to get started.

Peanut Butter and Honey Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies 2-2

A nice spoonful of creamy peanut butter.

Peanut Butter and Honey Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies-5

Bring on the honey!

Peanut Butter and Honey Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies-6

4 tablespoons of honey please :)

Peanut Butter and Honey Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies-7

One lovely egg.

Peanut Butter and Honey Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies-8

Add a splash of vanilla as well.

Peanut Butter and Honey Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies-9

Time for our dry ingredients.

Peanut Butter and Honey Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies-10

Lots of fabulous mini chocolate chips.

Peanut Butter and Honey Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies-12

This dough!

Peanut Butter and Honey Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies-13

Ready for the oven.  Bake until golden on the outsides.

Peanut Butter and Honey Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies-19t

Perfection.  Try these chilled too.  Amazing.

Peanut Butter and Honey Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies-18t

• 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup Gold Medal Whole Wheat Flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
  2. Beat butter and sugars until well combined. Stir in peanut butter, honey, egg and vanilla, stirring until well combined. Slowly stir in the Gold Medal Whole Wheat Flour, baking soda, salt and mini chocolate chips until just combined.
  3. With a medium cookie scoop, place dough onto prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes until golden around the edges. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

Makes 2 dozen

This is a sponsored post for Gold Medal Flour but thoughts and opinions are my own.

Comments

Honey. PB. The heartyness of whole wheat. These would be sooo good! Great cookie idea, Jenny!

Tieghan says:

Such a great recipe for after school! I love the peanut butter and honey combo, but the whole wheat flour is such a nice healthy bonus! They look perfect!

Brian says:

These sound delightful! Love the addition of honey!

These are just way too fabulous. LOVE the honey!!!!

Oooh, I love the idea of adding honey to the cookies alot!

marla says:

My kids would LOVE if i made these cookies this weekend!

Those cookes look so good and I like the honey and peanut butter combo!

Wow! These look great! Love the addition of honey!

these are practically healthy…… right?!

I think Peanut Butter and honey are one of the greatest combos ever! These look fantastic Jenny, can’t wait to try these!

I’m always up for cookies!

Love that these are whole wheat!!

These look fabulous! I’m hosting a series in September celebrating “National Honey Month” and would love it if you would consider doing a guest post. This recipe is fabulous! Please contact me if you’d be interested in guest posting!!!!

honey & pb – what an awesome combo for a cookie!

Gaby says:

You are the cookie queeeeeeeen~ love it

These cookie look so good, and I love that you used whole wheat flour! Wonderful recipe. Just FYI – you missed “egg” in the ingredients though. :)

What a great combo of wholesome ingredients! I want these cookies! Have a great weekend Jenny!

I LOVE any kind of cookies with PB. These sound so great! And I love that they are made with whole wheat flour!!!

Christie says:

Making these tonight! I love your random mix of cookies! Thank you!!! Have a great Labor Day Weekend!!

andrea says:

I love pb and I love honey! Your cookies are so awesome!

Maegan @ The BakerMama says:

These look pretty darn perfect to me! We love putting honey on our peanut butter sandwiches so baking honey and peanut butter together in a cookie gets me really excited! My whole house would love these!

I love peanut butter and honey. I bet these cookies are amazing. I can’t wait to try them.

I am loving the honey and peanut butter in these!

Marit says:

I have white whole wheat flour on hand. Will let you know how they turn out with this substitution.

Carrie says:

Awesome recipe! I cook with whole wheat flour and sometimes t he recipes are a little too healthy tasting. I made a change to this, reducing the butter and adding coconut oil. Hell yeah. Thanks for this easy yummy recipe.

This is a perfect mid-afternoon snack.

Rachel says:

Do you offer nutritional information? I would love that :)

Hi Rachel, I’m sorry we don’t offer nutritional information. We’ve done it maybe once or twice but it’s very time consuming and you’re almost guaranteed to make an error–for these reasons we currently don’t offer. Thanks for asking!!:)

local bees says:

It’s awesome in support of me to have a web page, which is good in support of my experience.

thanks admin

Bre says:

I just made these on a whim. They were delicious! It was hard to stop eating them :)

Alessandra says:

This look wonderful! Can’t wait to make. Any healthy substitutions for the butter?

Kim says:

Have you tried this with almond butter at all?

Autumn says:

I just made these cookies. So good!!
    I made it just as read, baked a dozen, then added barley flakes, flax, coconut flakes, and Pepitas for the second batch for a little more texture. Both were wonderful!