Don’t miss these vibrant festive Malt Ball and Chocolate Chunk Red Velvet Cookies!
Red Velvet time!! Valentine’s Day is approaching and I’ve got just the cookie for you. Malt balls, chocolate chunks inside chewy red velvet cake cookies. Doesn’t get much better than that!
These could not be simpler to prepare. Just a few ingredients and you are on your way to these beauties! Enjoy!
Your ingredient line up! I also used a few tablespoons of canola oil, not pictured.
Start with a very softened stick of butter.
Cake mix up next!
1 large egg and a few tablespoons of oil.
Malt Balls. Oh yah! I got the fancy ones with the thick chocolaty outsides from Sprouts. Whoppers will work too.
These malt balls are my weakness! Soo good
Look at those delicious scoops of dough. Nom Nom Nom!
Lots of chocolate in those babies, just how I like it.
Ahhhh, done baking. The hard part is letting them cool
We loved these room temperature, but REALLY loved them chilled. Try both.
Those chocolate chunks!! Enjoy friends!
Malt Ball and Chocolate Chunk Red Velvet Cookies
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 20 min
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup coarsely crushed malt balls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Place butter, cake mix, egg and vegetable oil in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Combine all ingredients until dough forms. Stir in chocolate chunks and malt balls. With a medium cookie scoop place dough onto prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until baked through. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring. They are great room temperature and REALLY good chilled
Makes 2 dozen cookies
Check out more Valentine Recipes HERE