Feb
2014

Brownie Red Velvet Gooey S’mores Bars

Tags: , ,

Desserts

My Brownie Red Velvet Gooey S’mores Bars are fun, festive and irresistible! Perfect for Valentine’s Day!

Brownie Red Velvet Gooey S'mores Bars

I can not get over these brownie bars.  I literally had to get them out of my house as fast as possible because there was no stopping me from munching on them all day!  The bottom layer is brownie then graham cracker, chocolate chips, marshmallow, sweetened condensed milk and finally a red velvet cookie layer!

Seriously, make these.  You won’t be sorry, lol!

Enjoy!

Brownie Red Velvet Gooey S'mores Bars-1

Here’s what I used.  Quick pantry ingredients.  Pretend the sweetened condensed milk is in this picture too :)

brownie mix

Prepare your brownie batter according to the package directions

Pouring brownie mix

Transfer the batter to a 9×13 inch baking dish.

Grahams and chocolate

Layer with graham crackers then top with chocolate chips!

marshmallows

Marshmallows next please.

Brownie Red Velvet Gooey S'mores Bars-15

Seriously!  Am I the only one that could eat this stuff right out of the can?  Deadly good!

Brownie Red Velvet Gooey S'mores Bars-17

Lookin’ good :)

Brownie Red Velvet Gooey S'mores Bars-7

Whip up the red velvet cookie layer.  See recipe below.  Nice and simple.

red velvet

Scoop the red velvet dough over the marshmallows then flatten out like so.  Bake for 40-50 minutes and….

Brownie Red Velvet Gooey S'mores Bars-20

You’ll get this!  I just died.

Brownie Red Velvet Gooey S'mores Bars

Gulp.

Brownie Red Velvet Gooey S'mores Bars-24t

Can’t wait for you to try these!  Have fun!

Brownie Red Velvet Gooey S'mores Bars

Brownie Red Velvet Gooey S’mores Bars

Brownie Red Velvet Gooey S'mores BarsPrep time: 10 min | Cook time: 40 min | Total time: 50 min

Ingredients

• 1 brownie mix, 9×13 size
  • 7 full sheets graham cracker
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 2 cups mini marshmallows
  • 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1/2 can)

Red Velvet Layer

• 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
  • 1 stick melted unsalted butter
  • 1 large egg
  • 3 tablespoons canola oil

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
  2. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and pour into bottom of prepared baking dish. Layer with Sheets of graham crackers, chocolate chips, marshmallows and drizzle evenly with sweetened condensed milk.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, add red velvet cake mix, melted butter, egg and oil, mixing until dough forms. With a cookie scoop, scoop dough over marshmallow layer then press dough so it’s flattened. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until baked through. Let cool completely. Takes a few hours. Best if prepared at night then let cool overnight. When cool, cut into squares and serve.

Makes 12-16 Servings

Comments

Jenny there’s so much good stuff packed into every bite! Cake, brownie, marshmallows, sweet milk – love it all! pinned

Poame says:

Mmmm..delicious!

Lol @ getting them out of your house ASAP…that is my life.
    Until, I saw these bars. Now, these are my life!
    So much ooey gooey chocolate. I am dying. Pinned!

I can’t WAIT to try these. Honestly amazing!

Jenny, these are too fun. I’m moving in!

Karly says:

Jenny, I’ll agree that the sweetened condensed milk is deadly, but the same could be said for you! I just love your creations! :)

These look insanely incredible!

These sound fabulous and they are a perfect V-Day treat!

These brownies are fabulous!

Wow! What a great treat for Valentine’s Day!

Jenny, this is everything I shouldn’t make combined with everything I can’t resist! If ever a holiday demanding a dessert so gooey and over the top, it would be Valentine’s Day :)

That looks like an over the top dessert dear. Fabulous for sure and I think I’ll be needing my running shoes after this one! :)

These look like they’re so jam packed with awesomeness!!

OMG! Now, this would be a fabulous Valentine’s Day treat for the hubby!! xoxo

Naomi says:

This looks delish – and so perfect for Valentine’s Day!

oh my gosh! these look insanely amazing!!! I love everything about it!!

marla says:

OK! I am sold on these. Perfect for Valentine’s Day!

Glenda says:

So going to try this out! It looks way too good. Will report back on how well received it is!

Can I please just dive head first into them?! Full of some of my favorite things mmmm!

Christina says:

I made these this morning and used a Duncan Hines red velvet cake mix but mine turned out looking more like a chocolate cake mix. Not anywhere near the bright red top layer yours has. Any idea why this happened?

How weird Christina! You didn’t prepare the cake right? You just added the butter, egg and oil from my recipe? My cake mix was super bright red.

• Christina says:

Yes I prepared it according to your recipe (not the back of the cake mix). Very weird cuz I used the exact same cake mix. Not sure what happened

Red velvet and s’mores are two of my all time favorite things! I could have just these bars and nothing else for Valentine’s Day and be totally happy. :)

Amanda says:

Everything about this sounds amazing! Love! xoxo

Jaime says:

How do you come up with these ideas?? Crazy Good!!!

leslie says:

FESTIVE indeed. It’s like a party!

Gaby says:

Ultimate Valentine treats! I can’t wait to try them!

OMG, all of my favorite things in a delicious bar! I will be making these for Valentine’s day, thanks for sharing! Pinned :)

Tieghan says:

Oh my gosh!! what and amazing creation, Jenny! I cannot wait to bake these up!

All. These. Things! You had me at the title – love, love, love your bars. Can I have 5, please??

Yum! You’re not the only one; I can eat sweetened condensed milk out of the can as well!

[…] recipe and add to recipe box at ZipList…View full recipe at Picky Palate…View more trending […]

[…] make a few more recipes before the week’s end, but when I landed on this recipe from heaven Picky Palate I knew I HAD to make it.  Brownie. Smore. Red Velvet Cake. ALLINONE. […]

Alicia Lucius says:

These look so delish!

Mary says:

Going to make these tonight! But can I just use cooking spray instead of the parchment paper?

Lindsay says:

OMG Jenny, these were fantastic! I made them last night (super quick and easy) and brought them to work for Valentine’s Day today, and the whole pan was gone within the hour. Thanks for sharing! :)

[…] adapted them from two different recipes (Red Velvet S’mores Bars, Brownies) because this genius forgot to go get brownie mix at the store. Just so we’re […]

Kristen says:

Hi Jenny! I just made these bars tonight. :) We are hosting family dinner tomorrow night and these bars are for our dessert!! Thank you for sharing your awesome talent with us!! I will reply on here tomorrow and let you know how we all liked them. :)

Wonderful! Let me know how it goes :)

• Kristen says:

CRAZY AMAZING!!! WOW!!!! HUGE RAVING HIT at family dinner! They are all gone!! The entire 9 x 13 pan! Right now I am wishing I had one leftover for myself. ;) I made them exactly according to your recipe. I even used parchment paper and lined the baking dish. I really liked that trick. THANK YOU JENNY!! I am looking for a reason to make them again! :)

[…] I made these bars a couple of weeks ago for a good friend of mine on Valentines Day. I did some research on fun valentines baking and came across these on one of my favorite blogs. You can find the original recipe here. […]

Nina says:

These look amazing! Will skipping the condensed milk make a big difference?

Hi Nina, you could do these without the condensed milk, but they will not have the “gooey” factor that makes these fabulous :)

Jackie says:

Oh my…these are a must try. Bet they make a GREAT comfort food.

Personally, I wouldn’t try skipping the condensed milk, Nina – but that’s just me, maybe Jenny has better input on that…

[…] from friends: Brownie Red Velvet Gooey S’mores Bars by Picky Palate Nutella Swirl Brownie and Sugar Cookie Tart by Love and Olive Oil Fudgy Chocolate […]