Feb
2014

Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies

Tags: , ,

Cookies

My Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies are the cure for any sweet tooth craving!

Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies

I have a deep love for brown butter cookies.  Sometimes I just can’t stop making them.  Do yourself a favor and whip up a batch for yourself!

Let’s take a look!

Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies-1

Nice and simple ingredient line up.  See recipe below on how to prepare brown butter.

Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies-2

Baking with chocolate chunks is so much fun.  I get my bar of chocolate from Trader Joe’s, but use whatever you can find.

Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies-3

Brown butter into the stand mixer!

Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies-4

Sugar up next.

Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies-5

One lovely egg.

Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies-6

A nice splash of vanilla.

Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies-7

Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies

Worth every.single.calorie :)

Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies

Told you.  Enjoy!!

Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies

Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies

Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter CookiesPrep time: 15 min | Cook time: 12 min | Total time: 27 min Ingredients

• 1 stick butter, unsalted
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, I used all natural
  • 1 cup all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup chocolate chunks

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
  2. Place butter into a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Melt and let bubble until brown bits form at bottom of pan and butter turns a golden brown color. Takes 5-8 minutes generally. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes before using in recipe. You can stick in the freezer for 5 minutes to cool quickly.
  3. Place brown butter and sugar into a stand mixer, beating until combined. Add egg, vanilla and peanut butter until combined. Slowly add flour, salt, baking soda and chocolate chunks mixing on low until combined. With a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until baked through. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve warm or room temperature.

Makes 18 Cookies

For other Picky Palate cookies go HERE
For other Picky Palate recipes using Peanut Butter go HERE

Comments

All my fave things in one cookie: browned butter, PB, & choc chunks! THE BEST! :) pinned

Brown butter and peanut butter? Perfection!

These cookies are a total dream.

These cookies are what heaven is all about!

Mary says:

I love anything with brown butter! I can’t wait to give these a try.

Brown butter and chocolate? I’ll take 47, pa-lease?

GAHHH!!!! these look incredible!!

OMG. I am so in love with brown butter. I need to use it more!

These look so delish… you are so right, your cookies would definitely be the cure..not only for a sweet tooth, but honestly, they look so wonderful, I believe they could be the cure for just about anything!!

I tend to shy away from chocolate chip type cookies… don’t get me wrong…I don’t shy away from eating them, just baking them!! I cannot bake a cookie, especially a chocolate chip cookie to save my life. If you could only see the look of horror on my family’s faces the moment they realize that mom is trying to bake a chocolate chip cookie “again”… lol…it’s pretty pathetic.

You’ve inspired me with your wonderful photos (gorgeous KitchenAid.. mine is 15 years old, and so, so very tired. I’m trying to decide which color to go with when I go to buy a new one, and retire my old one to our cabin for easy jobs…)

Yeah… brace yourselves…mom is going to be baking cookies tonight. Maybe this time will be success!! Wonderful post…wonderful recipe.. :-)

Oh these look amazing! A few of these cookies warm from the oven with a tall glass of milk would be the perfect ending to a long day! I can’t wait to bake a few batches of these! :)

Love everything about these amazing cookies!

Michelle K says:

What is a cookie scoop and where does one find it?

Carrie says:

Oh goodness. Those look and sound so incredible. Also, LOVE the color of your mixer!

naomi says:

I’d say they can cure alot more than just a sweet tooth! :) This looks awesome!

Gah! These are amazing and now I am drooling ;) Pinned

Rebecca says:

Oh my goodness. This looks amazing! My favorie things all together!
    Rebecca
    Sweet & Simple Life Blog

Jenny these look soooo yummy! I can’t wait to make these :) thanks for sharing!

I love brown butter and peanut butter, I really need to use brown butter more when I bake! These cookies look so delicious, defiantly worth every singe calorie! Pinned :)

Amanda says:

I think I just drooled a little on my keyboard. These look amazing.

Susan says:

I am not a peanut butter fan. What can I substitute for the 1/2 cup peanut butter besides Nutella? Have you ever made this recipe without replacing the peanut butter? Just yummy chocolate chips?

I share that same deep love for brown butter cookies. They’re the best!! And these? FAB!

Gaby says:

Love these cookies so much! Need to make them immediately!

Toni says:

These cookies look amazing! I’m putting them at the top of my ‘To Bake’ list!
    For the chocolate bar you used, is it milk, semisweet or dark chocolate? I love how nice and thick it is. I’ve never been to a Trader Joe’s but I think I might have to find the nearest one. :-)

Leigh says:

They look amazing! I love brown butter but whenever I use it in cookies, they always come out flat. Even after chilling the dough. I’ll see how these turn out…the no brown sugar is intriguing me as we’ll!

Brown butter, chocolate chunks, and PB! Yup, I’m down!

Tieghan says:

That oozing chocolate. wow! These are some heavenly cookies, Jennie! :)

These cookies are dangerously easy, Jenny! They look so gooey, buttery and delicious! Great recipe.

Definatly worth every calorie!

[…] 29.  Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies […]

That gooey chocolate is making my heart melt! Love the idea of pb and brown butter together too.

stacey says:

1st, these cookies look DIVINE! 2nd, thank you for the step by step pictures …. always appreciated. 3rd, what kind of cookie scoop do you use?? i am looking for one that does not constantly break!!!!!

Wowzers! I need a couple of these cookies right now!

I am secretly a cookie monster and these are calling my name! Pinning

Mercedes says:

Anything brown butter is a winner in my book! These look incredibly delicious!

[…] – Since I can’t eat these cookies, I think you should.  I think they will change your […]

Yum! Love that gooey melted chocolate there!

oh my goodness!!! LOVE these cookies!

Sarah Searle says:

These looked so good that I made them the day you posted the recipe. I think I must have done something wrong. Mine ended up really crumbly and dry. Any thoughts on what I did wrong? They were good, but I’m sure yours were much better. Would like to try them again, but wondering if you have any suggestions.

THanks!

Ohhh, these cookies are mouthwatering! Traying them ASAP!

These look absolutely luscious. I can’t wait to try them! Peanut butter, brown butter, and chocolate. Three of the most excellent flavors. And they’re so fat. I’m just getting too excited.

Katie says:

I found your blog because it was mentioned on The Pioneer Women – I took one look at this post in the am, thought about the cookies way too much at work and just finished making them now. They turned out deliciously (just like the picture) and I’ll definitely be on the lookout here for more recipe. Great job!

Suzanne says:

Your cookies look amazing, so yummy. Would you please answer a question? Apart from the chocolate, are these cookies anything like the peanut butter cookies they sell at Pooh Corner Bakery at Disneyland? The cookie resembled a scoop of ice cream and was moist and incredibly delicious. I recently had one and now I am trying to find a similar recipe and I noticed that you already tackled 2 of the cookies from Pooh Corner. Thanks.

Hi Suzanne,
      No this cookie is not like the peanut butter cookies they sell at Pooh Corner. Next time I’m there I’ll be sure to try that cookie as I haven’t had it yet.

Holy Coooooow! These are cookie perfection!

Angela says:

This looks delicious! Lately I’ve seen a few cookie recipes that call for brown butter, I guess it’s time to try it for myself :)

I also featured this on my blog today – would love for you to stop by! http://alittle-aboutalot.blogspot.com/2014/03/pintastic-friday-5-cookies.htm

rabia says:

Yummm! Cant wait to try these! Question for you how many cups is one stick of butter??

[…] Brown Butter Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies by Picky Palate […]

Cathy says:

Hi,
    Just popping in to let you know I have included your yummy recipe post in my peanut butter round up!
    Cathy

Ashleigh says:

I don’t think I’d ever browned butter on purpose before (only accidentally when just intending to melt butter). I decided to give it a try and enjoyed the caramely flavor, so I knew this would be good. I had almost everything measured out when I realized I didn’t have an egg. I learned from Googling for substitutes that 1/4 mashed banana will do the trick. Heavenly results! A subtle, complimentary banana flavor which does not overpower but goes perfectly with the peanut butter and chocolate (and browned butter!). You must try it!! Thanks for the great recipe! I’ve bookmarked it and will making these again. Next time the banana will be intentional. :)

[…] Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies – Picky Palate […]