Jun
2014

Cheesy Mediterranean Bacon Quesadilla

Tags: , , , ,

Appetizers and Sides

Treat yourself to my buttery crisp Cheesy Mediterranean Bacon Quesadilla this week.  You’ll be glad you did :)

Cheesy Mediterranean Bacon Quesadilla

Is there anything better than a hot off the skillet, flavor packed, cheesy and buttery crisp quesadilla?  I have fond memories as a kid enjoying my mom’s quesadillas and this recipe is one of my favorite ones yet! It’s always a pleasure teaming up with Land O’ Lakes to bring you a new buttery recipe.  This one does not disappoint and takes just minutes to prepare with some amazing ingredients.

Break out your favorite large skillet and let the deliciousness begin.

Cheesy Mediterranean Bacon Quesadilla

I used these oh so cute Land O Lakes Butter Half Sticks with Olive Oil & Sea Salt for my quesadillas.  I’m in love with these!

Cheesy Mediterranean Bacon Quesadilla

Use your favorite tortillas and let’s get started.

Cheesy Mediterranean Bacon Quesadilla

You’ll add about 1 tablespoon of butter for each quesadilla.  Let it sizzle in a large hot skillet.

Cheesy Mediterranean Bacon Quesadilla

Place your tortilla into the skillet then add the cheese please!

Cheesy Mediterranean Bacon Quesadilla 1

A little layer of roasted red peppers and kalamata olives.  Mmm!

Bacon

A layer of bacon up next.

Parsley

A touch of fresh parsley.

cheese

Add another layer of cheese, fold and continue cooking until golden brown and crispy.

CheesyMediterraneanBaconQuesadilla-24t

Slice your quesadilla in half and enjoy!

CheesyMediterraneanBaconQuesadilla-18t

Wait until you sink your teeth into this buttery crisp flavorful quesadilla!  Such a treat!

Cheesy Mediterranean Bacon Quesadilla

Cheesy Mediterranean Bacon Quesadilla

Cheesy Mediterranean Bacon QuesadillaPrep time: 15 min | Cook time: 5 min | Total time: 20 min Ingredients

• 1 Half Stick (1/4 Cup) Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
  • 4 burrito size tortillas
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup roasted red peppers, cut into strips
  • 1 cup kalamata olives, chopped
  • 1 cup cooked, crumbled bacon pieces
  • 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 cup crumbled feta cheese

Directions

1. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter into large skillet over medium heat. You’ll add 1 tablespoon butter for each quesadilla.
  2. Add tortilla to hot skillet and on half of the tortilla, add a thin layer of mozzarella cheese, roasted red peppers, kalamata olives, bacon, parsley, feta cheese and additional mozzarella cheese. With a spatuala, fold tortilla over filling and cook both sides until golden and crisp. Remove and continue cooking the remaining quesadillas.
  3. Slice each quesadilla in half and serve warm.

Makes 4 Servings

Picky Palate has partnered with Land O’Lakes for an exclusive endorsement of Land O Lakes® Butter for their Kitchen Conversations blogger program. This blog post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes.

Comments

Naomi says:

Of course I have to make this, quesadillas are always something my by love!

Quesadillas are one of our favorites — love all the fun flavors in this one!

We love, love quesadillas around here! Cannot get enough of them. I am in love with these flavor combos – yum!

Such a great family meal ~ my kids would love this!!!

Great weeknight meal!

Great weeknight dinner!

LOVE these! Bacon is my favorite ingredient in quesadillas. ;)

I want these on my dinner table tonight! I think you just helped me with a dinner idea :)

Rebecca says:

This looks so good! I love Mediterranean food, and Mexican food, so this sounds delicious to me!

I’ve never thought to make a quesadilla in a skillet before! Brilliant!

I’m so glad I got to try this recipe, it’s wonderful and I can’t wait to make it for my family. It was awesome to see you in MN last week – have a great summer, Jenny! :)

OMG- SO good Jenny! Love the bacon!

[…] we also had Joanne’s Grilled Peaches with Bourbon Brown Butter Sauce, Jenny’s Cheesy Mediterranean Bacon Quesadilla, Brenda’s Miso-Butter Grilled Veggies with Basil-Mint Pesto, Maria’s Cheese Ravioli […]

JulieD says:

I’m so glad I got to see you last week!!! So fun! And your recipe, it’s amazing and genius all rolled into one! I can’t wait to recreate it at home!! :)

I know these are going to be THE biggest hit around here! I can’t wait to make them for the boys!

So, so good seeing you, Jenny! Have a fun trip to Austin!

Wow this looks incredible! I am seriously drooling! Your site has the BEST recipes. I am totally making these!

Loving those big chunks of red peppers peering out! They look delish, Jenny! pinned

Amy Tong says:

I love quesadilla and love your Mediterranean twist on it. With bacon? even better! Can’t wait to try your recipe out! :) Thanks for sharing your awesome creation.

Sues says:

I need to find that olive oil and sea salt butter because it sounds like it would be perfect in SO many dishes. These quesadillas look fab!

Quesadillas are a favorite of mine – love this spin!!

Jenny, these look so tasty! I love a quesadilla that has both meat and some veggies. YUM!

Karen says:

What a great meal idea for not heating up your kitchen in the summer…or year round. Love it. Looks delicious and healthy.

Janet says:

Being new your blog, this Quesadilla caught my attention right away. It look very tasty.

These quesadillas were awesome! They have all the flavors I love. It was so great spending time with you in MN and I hope to see you in NYC soon ;)

Gaby says:

This sounds like the perfect light dinner!

I LOVE ooey gooey cheey quesadillas and this one looks incredible. Stuffed with pure goodness. I will have to add this to the dinner line-up next week! Love when your savory recipes make their way into my rss reader! Simple, delicious inspiration!

This looks wonderful and I know my family will go crazy for these!

What a fun dinner idea! I love quesadillas and we have them often but I like the flavor combo you used!

Love the flavours and the use of bacon!

Matea says:

The word “Mediterranean” when associated with food makes me stop in my tracks and look at the recipe for it! I haven’t been disappointed yet, and I doubt I ever will!

Rachel Cooks says:

Loving that bacon layer!!!

I make quesadillas for lunch all the time, but I’m lucky if they’re this fancy! I’ve got to try this one!