Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Cookies
Nov
2014

Chocolate Mint Snickerdoodles

Tags: , , , ,

These Chocolate Mint Snickerdoodles are crispy soft and full of mint and chocolate deliciousness! Such a fun twist on classic snickerdoodles.
Chocolate Mint Snickerdoodles

We are now in November….how did this happen?!  When I get stressed about the upcoming Holidays I just bake.  Bake all day long, lol!

I’ve been obsessed with snickerdoodles lately!  After making the Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles I had all of these fun ideas.  These turned out so good.  Mint and cocoa….win!

So fun for cookie exchanges and gift giving this Holiday season.  Enjoy friends!

Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles

Cream of tartar then a little vanilla pudding mix gives these cookies AWESOME texture.  Obsessed.

Chocolate Mint Snickerdoodles

Beautiful snickerdoodle cookie dough with a hint of mint.

Chocolate Mint Snickerdoodles

Roll these babies in the cocoa/sugar mixture.

Chocolate Mint Snickerdoodles

Time to bake!

Chocolate Mint Snickerdoodles
Be sure to check out my Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles and Butter Crisp Snickerdoodles for more goodness!

Chocolate Mint Snickerdoodles

Chocolate Mint SnickerdoodlesPrep time: 10 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 20 min

Ingredients

• 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 10 drops peppermint essential oil or 1 teaspoon mint extract
  • 1 1/4 cups all purpose Gold Medal Flour
  • 3 tablespoons instant vanilla Jello Pudding Mix (about 1/2 of 3.4 oz box)
  • 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silpat liner.
  2. Cream butter and sugar in stand mixer for 1 minute then add egg, vanilla and mint beating until combined. Add flour, pudding mix, cream of tartar and salt, mixing on low until combined.
  3. Place sugar cocoa powder and cinnamon into a medium bowl, stirring to combine. Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls, roll in cocoa sugar mix then place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring.

Makes 30 Servings

FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.

Comments

What a fab combo. Especially for this mint lover. Mmm…
    Pinned.
    Have an awesome day Jenny!
    xo

Love the chocolate mint twist!

Oh girl, I am making these!!!

I LOVE the addition of mint and chocolate to these, so festive!

Now, these are so genius!! Can’t wait to try!!

What an awesome twist on an old classic Jenny!

Yuummm – my best friend LOVES mint and chocolate – she would go crazy for these cookies!!

Gaby says:

I love that you added mint to these snickerdoodles, such a great combo!!!

Rachel says:

My hubby loves snickerdoodles, and this seems like such a fun twist!!!

These are so awesome, love the flavors!

Yummy! Love these for the holidays!

Such playful snickerdoodles!!

Alicia Clinton says:

Your directions, see below in quotes, mention pumpkin spice and a cocoa mix was that just a typo from the stressed comment – “3. Place sugar and pumpkin pie spice into a medium bowl, stirring to combine. Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls, roll in cocoa sugar mix then place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring.” Sorry I was just so intrigued about both variations and especially because you said cookie exchanges. Thanks for clarifying.

Thanks for catching that Alicia! Just edited that. No pumpkin spice in this recipe 🙂

• 13.1.1
        Alicia Clinton says:

I’m going to test them out soon, hoping to add to my cookie exchange list. We make a variety, especially when you are taking and baking 10 dozen cookies. Getting excited, thanks!

Snickerdoodles are my favorite cookies. Could this recipe really take them to the next level…I will have to try it and find out. Happy Thursday, Jenny 🙂

Delicious! What a great new take on a snickerdoodle!

I’m loving the chocolate mint twist to these awesome cookies! Baking is what I do when I’m stressed too 🙂

LOVE mint…would’ve never thought of this…amazing idea!! 🙂

Medeja says:

I would love to try these snickerdoodles today! is there any way to substitute pudding?

Love these cookies. So great for the holiday cookie platters.

-Jamie

Jan says:

Made these last weekend and they were so yummy! Have a new obsession!