It’s always so much fun partnering with M&M’s to create delicious recipes for their new Pinterest page. I sure love adding M&M’s to my recipes for hints of colorful chocolate in every bite. Takes me back to my childhood when I’d help my grandma bake in her kitchen. So many great memories baking with M&M’s.
M&M’s recently launched their new Pinterest Page, be sure to check it out HERE to get some yummy baking inspiration!
Can’t wait for you to try this show stopping pie. Your guests are going to be so happy!
Hope you enjoy!
Start the cookie crust by creaming your butter and sugars.
Add your egg and vanilla next.
Time for your dry ingredients.
Time for some M&M’s! I used the classic Milk chocolate ones for my cookie crust.
Gently stir them into your dough.
Place your dough into a lightly greased pie plate.
Press dough evenly up sides and bottom like so. Bake for about 35-40 minutes until baked through. Let cool completely.
To prepare pie filling combine softened cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and buttermilk until well combined.
Pour filling into cooled cookie crust.
Line edges of filling with M&M’s and top center with chocolate curls.
M&M’s Cookie Crusted Peanut Butter Pie
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 45 min | Total time: 55 min
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups Milk Chocolate M&M’s
Peanut Butter Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray pie dish with cooking spray.
- Cream butter and sugars in large mixing bowl. Stir in egg and vanilla. Slowly add flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Mix slightly then stir in M&M’s until well combined. Transfer dough to pie dish and press up sides and bottom. Bake for 40-45 minutes until baked through. As soon as you remove from oven, press center gently with a spoon. Let cool completely.
- To prepare peanut butter pie filling stir together the peanut butter, sugar, cream cheese and buttermilk until well combined. Place in center of cookie crust, spreading evenly. Place cream and sugar into stand mixer with stiff peaks form. Sprinkle with additional M&M’s. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Makes 8 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with M&M’s. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.